Greenway on the rise?

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

hermantown2000

Greenway on the rise?

Post by hermantown2000 »

I see Greenway looks pretty good by their record. It has been a long time since the fans in Coleraine have had anything to cheer about. The last time they created this much excitement was when Gino Guyer played back in 2000-2001. I still say the Hawks and Blue Jackets are far better then the Raiders but it is reason for optimism for their fans. I would say give the Raiders another year or two then you could really see them turn some heads in the section.
Jeffy95

Re: Greenway on the rise?

Post by Jeffy95 »

hermantown2000 wrote:I see Greenway looks pretty good by their record. It has been a long time since the fans in Coleraine have had anything to cheer about. The last time they created this much excitement was when Gino Guyer played back in 2000-2001. I still say the Hawks and Blue Jackets are far better then the Raiders but it is reason for optimism for their fans. I would say give the Raiders another year or two then you could really see them turn some heads in the section.
They should be good for a few years as their Bantam team is also good this year. They beat Rapids AA team and lost to Hermantown AA by two. Looks like another dry spell after that though. Their PeeWee A team beat Duluth East a couple of weeks ago for their first win this year. I heard it was their first win in almost two years.
WendyClark

Post by WendyClark »

Yep Greenway is on the up and up and probably will opt up to AA before Hermantown does :shock:
PuckRanger

Re: Greenway on the rise?

Post by PuckRanger »

Jeffy95 wrote:They should be good for a few years as their Bantam team is also good this year. They beat Rapids AA team and lost to Hermantown AA by two. Looks like another dry spell after that though. Their PeeWee A team beat Duluth East a couple of weeks ago for their first win this year. I heard it was their first win in almost two years.
I love to see the Iron Range teams be competitive and it is great to see Greenway in the mix. So, yes, now is the time to enjoy the success, because unfortunately the bubble will burst after the 2019-2020 season when the current group of bantams all graduate. Their Peewee A team is 1-25 with 15 of their losses in running time and the Peewee B team is 4-30 with 22 of their losses in running time and at one point lost 4 games in a row by a combined score of 45-0. The entire peewee age group is a combined 5-55 which makes it hard to imagine they will be relevant in 4-5 years when they are seniors in high school. Especially since most of the other teams in the area appear to be quite strong at this age group. A return to the "AA" glory days is highly unlikely.