HDM. LVN vs DE

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

WestMetro

HDM. LVN vs DE

Post by WestMetro »

Who will win?
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Sats team.
Houndhockey

Post by Houndhockey »

I'm gonna say DE. LVN has the better team, but they're playing in Duluth, in the elements. East will have the hometown support and will get it done 5-3.
East High Rah Rah Rah....
ThePuckStopsHere

Post by ThePuckStopsHere »

Houndhockey wrote:I'm gonna say DE. LVN has the better team, but they're playing in Duluth, in the elements. East will have the hometown support and will get it done 5-3.
Kind of like the Section Semi's and Finals right? Hometown Support :wink: :wink:
mnhockey1501

Post by mnhockey1501 »

No matter where in MN these teams are from, it will be freezing to both teams no matter what
Usthockey13

Post by Usthockey13 »

mnhockey1501 wrote:No matter where in MN these teams are from, it will be freezing to both teams no matter what
Freezing? its suppose to be 30 on saturday
Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 »

Usthockey13 wrote:
mnhockey1501 wrote:No matter where in MN these teams are from, it will be freezing to both teams no matter what
Freezing? its suppose to be 30 on saturday
Yep, forecast is a high of 32. They won't dress any different than they would for an indoor game. The elements will not be a factor in this one.
HockeyStorm

Post by HockeyStorm »

The ice has been pretty slow down at Bayfront, I will say Hounds 3-2.
Houndhockey

Post by Houndhockey »

ThePuckStopsHere wrote:
Houndhockey wrote:I'm gonna say DE. LVN has the better team, but they're playing in Duluth, in the elements. East will have the hometown support and will get it done 5-3.
Kind of like the Section Semi's and Finals right? Hometown Support :wink: :wink:
Exactly! Of course one could argue that besides the last couple years, the majority of the East teams on this run that have made it to state would have gone whether the game was played here, Elk River or in Grand Rapids. If you can't win on the road, then you shouldn't go to state.
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

elliott70 wrote:Sats team.
:cry: :-({|= [-X [-X

Can't wait for Sats82 to join the forum. :idea:
Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 »

BodyShots wrote:
elliott70 wrote:Sats team.
:cry: :-({|= [-X [-X

Can't wait for Sats82 to join the forum. :idea:
What??? The girls team is playing in Duluth now this weekend?? Just bring the JV!!
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Happy Hockey Day from Duluth! Enjoy your holiday. For the sake of my fingers I won't be doing much posting from the games, but it looks like a great day for hockey here.
north_bear

Post by north_bear »

Houndhockey wrote:
ThePuckStopsHere wrote:
Exactly! Of course one could argue that besides the last couple years, the majority of the East teams on this run that have made it to state would have gone whether the game was played here, Elk River or in Grand Rapids. If you can't win on the road, then you shouldn't go to state.
Then let's put East on the road and see how well they do. Amsoil is a great venue but far from a neutral site.
Thunderhawk Fanatic!!
ThePuckStopsHere

Post by ThePuckStopsHere »

Houndhockey wrote:
ThePuckStopsHere wrote:
Classic Hounds answer :roll: Your an idiot if you don't think it'a a major advantage. :shock:
nahc

Post by nahc »

Lakeville North wins 3-2. Good game....... !
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Entertaining day of hockey...I was even warm for a bit when the sun came out in the first period of the DE-LN game. It was too bad the ice got so rough by the end of the 3rd...it seemed like North was smartly just trying to dump the puck in the one awful corner as they wore down the clock toward the end. Being outdoors certainly affected the flow for both teams, but the end result was still a pretty good game. Great crowd, good food options, very well-organized. Well done, Duluth.
Houndhockey

Post by Houndhockey »

ThePuckStopsHere wrote:
Houndhockey wrote:
ThePuckStopsHere wrote: Kind of like the Section Semi's and Finals right? Hometown Support :wink: :wink:
Classic Hounds answer :roll: Your an idiot if you don't think it'a a major advantage. :shock:
Ironic that you would call someone an idiot when you spelled the word you're wrong! If you read my response, I said exactly, as in I was agreeing with the poster saying it was a benefit to East.
Houndhockey

Post by Houndhockey »

ThePuckStopsHere wrote:
Houndhockey wrote:
ThePuckStopsHere wrote: Kind of like the Section Semi's and Finals right? Hometown Support :wink: :wink:
Ironic that you would call someone an idiot when you spelled the word you're wrong! If you read my response, I said exactly, as in I was agreeing with the poster saying it was a benefit to East.
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

Any estimates on the size of the crowd at HDM game?
thespellchecker

Post by thespellchecker »

Duluth, and all the hard working volunteers...well done.
You had a exceptional venue. Hats off! Weather did factor in the game, it was clearly a game of a half. Half defending the "corner" half attacking the "corner" Perhaps FSN gets a sponsor for coils to be installed each year to the current venue. Maybe Wells Fargo could give itself a nice interest rate on the ROI purchase. Duluth Hockey people=class.
8-TIME weekly & 2-Time Season Pick Em Champ
Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 »

alcloseshaver wrote:Any estimates on the size of the crowd at HDM game?
Bruce Ciskie said on the radio that he was told 11,000 came through the doors throughout the day. No idea how official that is, that's just what he said.