LPH Ranking and Sec 7

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

howardst

Post by howardst »

Hsw do this for me. We all know it's just rankings and the further you go down the muddier it gets. Tell me how each of those sections rate based on top 5 and top 10. Don't go any lower as it gets muddy.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

HShockeywatcher wrote:
elliott70 wrote:I think everyone knows what deepest means.
The section with the highest ranking teams.
I disagree with your first sentence, but let's assume everyone agrees with your definition:
So, how far down in the section do you go?

Based on the LPH rankings (which go to 20):
7A has 3 in the top 20 (top 7 actually)
6A has 4 in the top 20 (top 15 actually)
2A has 5 in the top 20 and 4 in the top 16

Who's the deepest from that list? It depends on how you look at.
I have never thought of top heavy and deep as the same thing nor are they in any other context.
I didn't say anything about just using the top 10 or top 20.
Use ALL teams, which ever section has the smallest/largest number is the winner.

As I said earlier in the year, 6 & 2 are the deepest (of course the number can and will change as you go through the year). And I am still thinking they are with out doing a workup.
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

howardst wrote:Hsw do this for me. We all know it's just rankings and the further you go down the muddier it gets. Tell me how each of those sections rate based on top 5 and top 10. Don't go any lower as it gets muddy.
I'm not disagreeing that 7A is the most top heavy section in Class A. Based on your definition of who could compete in another section, I'd say it's 2A with 7, 4 and maybe even 6 close behind.

Giving examples doesn't state an opinion. I haven't been disagreeing with you, simply stating that you need to define words you are using.
howardst

Post by howardst »

Just do me a favor and don't use follow the puck rankings. They still have north shore in the top 12 I think
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

howardst wrote:Just do me a favor and don't use follow the puck rankings. They still have north shore in the top 12 I think
FTP guy's ranking are worse than LPH....and that is saying something.
howardst

Post by howardst »

Lol
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Sats81 wrote:
howardst wrote:Just do me a favor and don't use follow the puck rankings. They still have north shore in the top 12 I think
I like the idea that he puts up a nice web page, but I don't know how he does his rankings....
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

elliott70 wrote:
Sats81 wrote:
I like the idea that he puts up a nice web page, but I don't know how he does his rankings....
I'm critical of him because I know he rarely if EVER watches games, acts like he know everything and bases all/speculates off of stats.

Said it before and will say it again, Karl's rankings are only ones that really matter as there is a great deal of thought and legitimate reasons backing up why teams are ranked and where...
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Sats81 wrote:
elliott70 wrote:
Sats81 wrote: FTP guy's ranking are worse than LPH....and that is saying something.
I'm critical of him because I know he rarely if EVER watches games, acts like he know everything and bases all/speculates off of stats.

Said it before and will say it again, Karl's rankings are only ones that really matter as there is a great deal of thought and legitimate reasons backing up why teams are ranked and where...
Even if he is from the East Coast???

:lol:
green4

Post by green4 »

I'm hoping howardst comes out with a statement after not a great night for 7a.
Hibbing loses to a team that he thinks is a non-contender plus, the mighty Blue Devils of Virgina who can battle closely with 99% of teams, gets roughed up by perhaps the 3rd best team in 6a
howardst

Post by howardst »

No issue here. Hibbing got beat on the road by what I said was the number three team in the state. Vir got beat by the number 3 team and they are at best 5 in there own sect. That changes nothing
green4

Post by green4 »

howardst wrote:No issue here. Hibbing got beat on the road by what I said was the number three team in the state. Vir got beat by the number 3 team and they are at best 5 in there own sect. That changes nothing
Lol. Lol. Lol. Lol. I don't recall seeing you ever call Apollo the 3rd best team. Lol. I do recall you saying Hibbing will "take out" Apollo and that Apollo was not a contender. Lol lol lol.
howardst wrote:Well I would agree with you other than Virginia has really improved and will battle 99% of the teams in the state
Here is your quote on Virgina. Lol. Not to burst your bubble, but cathedral is not quite in the 1%. Lol. Perhaps you should go out and find more relieable scouts to befriend. Lol lol lol lol

There is no shame in being wrong if you can own up to it and find some humility.
howardst

Post by howardst »

Well you might want to go back and read (after you finish gloating) (oh and you should be happy on a quality win no question)
Nuts&Bolts

Post by Nuts&Bolts »

I can't follow you here Howard. What should be re-read? Maybe I need to go back to the 3A thread since even that was easier to follow. 8)
rainier

Post by rainier »

howardst wrote:No issue here. Hibbing got beat on the road by what I said was the number three team in the state. Vir got beat by the number 3 team and they are at best 5 in there own sect. That changes nothing
Actually, you had Apollo at #6 in your rankings earlier this week.
"You can't triple stamp a double stamp." -Harry Dunn
green4

Post by green4 »

howardst wrote:Well you might want to go back and read (after you finish gloating) (oh and you should be happy on a quality win no question)
howardst wrote:That's easy enough to add to. My hockey rankings.

Brace
Herm
Delano
Hibbing
Mahtomedi
Apollo
Greenway
SPA
TRF
EGF

So 2,4,7 in sec 7 of top 10
1,3 in sec 2

What is the record in games between the 2 sections? I believe sec 7 is undefeated.
Here is your exact quote from this week. Lol.

And to be clear, I am not gloating, I am trying to hold you responsible for some of your ridiculous comments.
howardst

Post by howardst »

I take it you did not read it. It says clearly my hockey rankings which is a posted site and those were there rankings. It is nothing more than another site like pagestat. Go ahead and hold me responsible when they are my prediction of rankings not when it clearly states where they came from. Oh and include the whole conversation not just a snip. Lol. You must be a politician. Only pulled out part of the conversation. Lol. I'm still correct
green4

Post by green4 »

howardst wrote:I take it you did not read it. It says clearly my hockey rankings which is a posted site and those were there rankings. It is nothing more than another site like pagestat. Go ahead and hold me responsible when they are my prediction of rankings not when it clearly states where they came from. Oh and include the whole conversation not just a snip. Lol. You must be a politician. Only pulled out part of the conversation. Lol. I'm still correct
I feel like I have included the whole conversation throughout the last post. You said Apollo is a non-contender, and would be beat by Hibbing. You also mentioned Virgina could give every team besides Hermantown and Breck a close game. So no, you are not correct. Not sure you have ever been correct.
howardst

Post by howardst »

Well you did not include the whole conversation. Never and I mean never did I say Apollo would not contend. Never did I say Hibbing would crush them. In fact if you dig you will see where I gave Apollo the edge based on being at home. It was a nice win. As far as vir they still can give anyone a game on a given night.
stromboli

Post by stromboli »

howardst wrote:Well you did not include the whole conversation. Never and I mean never did I say Apollo would not contend. Never did I say Hibbing would crush them. In fact if you dig you will see where I gave Apollo the edge based on being at home. It was a nice win. As far as vir they still can give anyone a game on a given night.
Don't go there. You're losing credibility with each post.

The Virginia game was a trap game at best for Apollo. Third game in three days plus a long bus ride after fighting two hard games against better teams than Virginia. Apollo comes out 3-0.

Switch roles. Virginia gets Tech and Hibbing back-to-back at home and then travels the next morning to play Apollo in St. Cloud. What's the most likely outcome? 0-3 or 1-2.

7A may not be quite as dominant as you would like to think. They're good. But not as good as you've been trying to advertise.
green4

Post by green4 »

howardst wrote:Well you did not include the whole conversation. Never and I mean never did I say Apollo would not contend. Never did I say Hibbing would crush them. In fact if you dig you will see where I gave Apollo the edge based on being at home. It was a nice win. As far as vir they still can give anyone a game on a given night.
I can't incluse the whole conversation because it spans over 4 pages. But i can continue to prove you wrong.
howardst wrote:Well pretty simple. Elite is just that. Top of the pile. Yes Apollo is very good but fact is Hibbing has taken care of business and as stated earlier the score does not matter as it is about winning and finding a way to get it done. With that said Hibbing has done it better than Apollo.
This post you started to feel the heat and gave Apollo some credit, but still this does not appear to be you giving Apollo "the edge"

You are right that you never said Hibbing would crush Apollo, the choice words you used were "take out"
howardst wrote: I do respect all your opinions and hope it continues but when Hibbing takes out Apollo Friday don't expect me to be on here telling you told you so
I still have not found your post that gives Apollo the edge, but this was your official post in the Hibbing vs Apollo tread
howardst wrote:Ummm. I will take Hibbing. No need to state why.
I can't tell if you are just trying to work people up or if you actually can't remember what you type on here.
howardst

Post by howardst »

Wow
1st off by posting myhockey s rankings from a given day you state that means I have them at 6. Nope. I also posted the combined ranking of the myhockey site, pagestat, and LPH. Is that my personal ranking. Nope. As far as giving Apollo credit any team in the top 10 is getting credit. Do I believe Hibbing is better than Apollo, ummmm yes. Given a neutral ice game at the x I would take Hibbing with the plus 2 that you seem to think a 3-1 game would give correct ? Sad thing is Hibbing has to get by a much tougher test than Apollo in hermantown. Not really rocket science. Vir 3-2. Hmmm I think that that proves on a given night the 5th team in sec 7 gave the top team in sec 6 everything they could handle. It's funny how you put all this stock in your rankings but really they mean nothing when you look at weekly scores. All it does is tells you what teams are trending as competitors and which may be struggling. Pretty simple.
green4

Post by green4 »

howardst wrote:Wow
1st off by posting myhockey s rankings from a given day you state that means I have them at 6. Nope. I also posted the combined ranking of the myhockey site, pagestat, and LPH. Is that my personal ranking. Nope. As far as giving Apollo credit any team in the top 10 is getting credit. Do I believe Hibbing is better than Apollo, ummmm yes. Given a neutral ice game at the x I would take Hibbing with the plus 2 that you seem to think a 3-1 game would give correct ? Sad thing is Hibbing has to get by a much tougher test than Apollo in hermantown. Not really rocket science. Vir 3-2. Hmmm I think that that proves on a given night the 5th team in sec 7 gave the top team in sec 6 everything they could handle. It's funny how you put all this stock in your rankings but really they mean nothing when you look at weekly scores. All it does is tells you what teams are trending as competitors and which may be struggling. Pretty simple.
You kind of just avoided everything I posted about you clearly lying.

Yes, I confused "myhockey" rankings with what said "my hockey rankings" which should be understandable. But I do apologize for that.

I hope to see Hibbing and Apollo play at the X, but I don't understand what you wrote after that. Are you saying hibbing would win 3-1 or something else? Any prediction is fine, I just don't understand what you are saying.

Virginia did give Apollo a decent game, after apollo played 3 games in 3 nights, but Virgina also got spanked by the 3rd best team in that section. But they were not really my focus on the last post that you avoided.

I don't have any rankings, so I am not sure what you mean by "your rankings". In fact, I don't really follow class A that closely, I just know Apollo was better than you gave them credit for, and that you predicted that game wrong. So this is not about rankings at all. This is more about how you annoy me because you spew biased, incoherent garbage and then are not man enough to admit when you are wrong.
hockey9011

Post by hockey9011 »

green4 wrote:
howardst wrote:Wow
You kind of just avoided everything I posted about you clearly lying.

Yes, I confused "myhockey" rankings with what said "my hockey rankings" which should be understandable. But I do apologize for that.

I hope to see Hibbing and Apollo play at the X, but I don't understand what you wrote after that. Are you saying hibbing would win 3-1 or something else? Any prediction is fine, I just don't understand what you are saying.

Virginia did give Apollo a decent game, after apollo played 3 games in 3 nights, but Virgina also got spanked by the 3rd best team in that section. But they were not really my focus on the last post that you avoided.

I don't have any rankings, so I am not sure what you mean by "your rankings". In fact, I don't really follow class A that closely, I just know Apollo was better than you gave them credit for, and that you predicted that game wrong. So this is not about rankings at all. This is more about how you annoy me because you spew biased, incoherent garbage and then are not man enough to admit when you are wrong.
Not arguing with anything you stated there, but just wondering why you say Virginia got spanked by the 3rd best team in 6A.. I think most would put cathedral at 2 behind Apollo.. Who would your #2 be??
howardst

Post by howardst »

My point you missed is. Hibbing and Apollo are very close. Apollo won 3-1. What I am saying if they were to meet at the x would you give me Hibbing and 2 goals as a spread? I would take that get all day long. With the TV timeouts super Scotty would be a bigger influence in the game. So if and I mean if it could happen will you give me Hibbing +2?