Cade Gleekel

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

MNHockeyFan

Cade Gleekel

Post by MNHockeyFan »

I see that BSM's Cade Gleekel scored a hat trick this evening against Bloomington Jefferson in their 6-3 win, and also note that he is Benilde's leading scorer with 38 points on the season. Yet according to the Hub he is not listed as "committed" to any D1 program, and just wondering why? Obviously everyone has some weaknesses/areas to improve on, but just wondering why the No. 1 ranked BSM team's leading scorer (and senior) hasn't committed to a D1 college hockey program? Maybe he has, but it is not yet shown on the Forum?
warriors41

Re: Cade Gleekel

Post by warriors41 »

MNHockeyFan wrote:I see that BSM's Cade Gleekel scored a hat trick this evening against Bloomington Jefferson in their 6-3 win, and also note that he is Benilde's leading scorer with 38 points on the season. Yet according to the Hub he is not listed as "committed" to any D1 program, and just wondering why? Obviously everyone has some weaknesses/areas to improve on, but just wondering why the No. 1 ranked BSM team's leading scorer (and senior) hasn't committed to a D1 college hockey program? Maybe he has, but it is not yet shown on the Forum?
I don't know if colleges consider this or not, but it might be because he has such a weird name.
Bluelightspecial-II

Re: Cade Gleekel

Post by Bluelightspecial-II »

MNHockeyFan wrote:I see that BSM's Cade Gleekel scored a hat trick this evening against Bloomington Jefferson in their 6-3 win, and also note that he is Benilde's leading scorer with 38 points on the season. Yet according to the Hub he is not listed as "committed" to any D1 program, and just wondering why? Obviously everyone has some weaknesses/areas to improve on, but just wondering why the No. 1 ranked BSM team's leading scorer (and senior) hasn't committed to a D1 college hockey program? Maybe he has, but it is not yet shown on the Forum?
Easy Peter.... It will all work out in the end!
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

Thanks to warriors41 and Bluelightspecial-II for their informative and insightful replies! :roll:
Bluelightspecial-II

Post by Bluelightspecial-II »

MNHockeyFan wrote:Thanks to warriors41 and Bluelightspecial-II for their informative and insightful replies! :roll:
Sorry... Kids a stud, but comes with baggage.
minnscout

Post by minnscout »

Cade had disappointing year last season and came off the rader of D1 schools. Has rebounded very well this season and is playing with much more confidence. He has a chance to land out east to strong acedemic school or with have to go junior hockey route mosy likely if he wants to play in the midwest.
GatorLand

Post by GatorLand »

Great kid, but others on BSM roster are making this player better in regards to stats. No dog in race here, but hockey hub stats are often inaccurate and dont identify the best players for the next level. There are many scouts at BSM and other MSHSL games. There is no free pass for the leading points player on the no 1 "ranked" team on Jan 10.
In my opinion, this player is getting the same attention from scouts that he got at Blake.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Agree with Minnscout comments he is playing with much more confidence this year, has more size, creating open spaces for himself to shoot or pass. D1 prospect out East. Yes, everyone on the BSM is making everyone else look good at this point
----------------------
Adding to my earlier thoughts, after looking at his scoring detail in the Hub. He is 3rd highest scorer in AA, behind Noterman and Tufte, ahead of Casey M. Out of 15 games, he has been under 2 points only 3 times. BSM schedule weakens from this point on, he could get to 70 points before the playoffs
Last edited by WestMetro on Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bleedblue

College Ready

Post by bleedblue »

Having served as a D1 college talent evaluator for 10 years, there is a lot more that goes into grading a player's contribution to a program than his point production.
bleedblue

College Ready?

Post by bleedblue »

Having served as a D1 college talent evaluator for 10 years, there is a lot more that goes into grading a player's contribution to a program than his point production.
TheMNhockey1

Re: College Ready?

Post by TheMNhockey1 »

bleedblue wrote:Having served as a D1 college talent evaluator for 10 years, there is a lot more that goes into grading a player's contribution to a program than his point production.
Like having a weird name?
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Got the GWG last night

Currently 5th in AA scoring behind Notermann, Tufte, Noah Cates, and Casey M.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

WestMetro wrote:Got the GWG last night

Currently 5th in AA scoring behind Notermann, Tufte, Noah Cates, and Casey M.
Not on same level as other 4 mentioned gramps.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

I was a bit surprised Noah Cates was ahead of Jackson in point production

Gleekel being one of top 5 scorers in AA with BSMs pretty difficult schedule and other offensive talent like Risteau would have been one of the most unpredicted results by any pundit at beginning of this season. Yet here we are. And when you look at game by game , it's pretty consistent. Obviously not in same class as Tufte or Casey, but might find a place for himself at D 1 out east after a year of juniors, if he wanted to go that route.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

WestMetro wrote:I was a bit surprised Noah Cates was ahead of Jackson in point production

Gleekel being one of top 5 scorers in AA with BSMs pretty difficult schedule and other offensive talent like Risteau would have been one of the most unpredicted results by any pundit at beginning of this season. Yet here we are. And when you look at game by game , it's pretty consistent. Obviously not in same class as Tufte or Casey, but might find a place for himself at D 1 out east after a year of juniors, if he wanted to go that route.
Also, there are a LOT of players better then him who have less pts as well.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

No denying that, but at some point its got to be recognized he is one of the most improved kids anywhere compared to last season and a big contributor to BSM undefeated record so far. As I say, his points are pretty consistent game to game, including against top teams they have faced.
TheMayor

Post by TheMayor »

Sats81 wrote: Also, there are a LOT of players better then him who have less pts as well.
Sure seems to be a lot of venom toward the kid. I think the point of the post was to point out how well, perhaps unexpectedly, the kid is doing - not necessarily to point out how overrated he is. Agenda?