Duluth East at Grand Rapids

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins this 7AA battle?

Poll ended at Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:44 am

Duluth East
50%
Grand Rapids
50%

Total votes: 24

alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

Sats81 wrote:
alcloseshaver wrote:As the great Tony Sarsland said many times, " the 3 most important games are the last three". Would have been interesting to see what SARS would have done with the run of talent that has run thru ER since he was let go.
Was there a bigger beauty then Sars?
He was quite the character, he and Randolph had a good relationship at the end.
boblee

Post by boblee »

kniven wrote:
howardst wrote:This game has really changed its meaning for both. Loser is buried with a uphill climb. Fact is they should both be happy Herm and Hibb are single A or both these teams would be on the road in playoffs and most likely one and done. My how the tides have turned on 2 way over hyped programs. All those elite players so called. Enough talk about the GR machine and the East spoiled boys.
Agreed.

Grand Rapids is a mess. I'm going with East based solely on Coach Randolph and the consistency he provides. GR goes through coaches like they grow on trees. But the have the talent to win state no matter how many games they loose. Wins/losses don't mean much as long S you have the talent to win State.
Three coaches in 17 years. Wouldn't say that's going through coaches like they grow on trees.
boblee

Post by boblee »

YouthHockeyHub wrote:If the game is going to be streamed on MN Hockey Mag, we (YHH will be doing it for them). On my way to the range right now. Won't know how good the signal is until I arrive at IRA.

I will text Karl and he will post a link here...regardless, it should be a great game. My tweet, albeit "negative" was no more negative than their coaches, players, fans and critics have been the last couple weeks.

I love the talent on both sides and can't wait to see this game, no matter how they've performed so far.
They have Ethernet connections that have worked great for our local broadcast set-up. Just make sure you get that hooked up.
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

Might want to look into the use of Ether :shock:
kniven

Post by kniven »

boblee wrote:
kniven wrote:
howardst wrote:This game has really changed its meaning for both. Loser is buried with a uphill climb. Fact is they should both be happy Herm and Hibb are single A or both these teams would be on the road in playoffs and most likely one and done. My how the tides have turned on 2 way over hyped programs. All those elite players so called. Enough talk about the GR machine and the East spoiled boys.
Agreed.

Grand Rapids is a mess. I'm going with East based solely on Coach Randolph and the consistency he provides. GR goes through coaches like they grow on trees. But the have the talent to win state no matter how many games they loose. Wins/losses don't mean much as long S you have the talent to win State.
Three coaches in 17 years. Wouldn't say that's going through coaches like they grow on trees.
Im talking about the last 2 coaches. I hope not, but I'm thing GR will be going thru several coaches over the next several years. It would be nice if Klatt worked out long term. Heck, I just read the expectations of that program on here, and I get stressed.
SquirtC'00

Post by SquirtC'00 »

Tony Scott will also be streaming this game with the YHH

http://www.youthhockeyhub.com/
sterfry9

Post by sterfry9 »

just tuned in and it looks like a bunch of 10 year olds out there what is this?
north_bear

Post by north_bear »

Rapids up 1-0 on East after 1st. Mattson on the power play. Pretty even period. Shots 6-6. I would say rapids had more chances and better of the play buy a slight margin. Rapids lines are also juggled. Mattson-Adams-Graber with Hain and Huson working the blue line to start.

No sight of McLaughlin.
Thunderhawk Fanatic!!
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

2-0 Rapids after 2. I've only been watching since the middle of the 2nd. East was generating some decent chances near the end of the period and forced some big saves out of Holum, but it sounds like they were pretty flat before that.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

I have been getting good quality stream in West Metro
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Great third period. The vertical uplifted stick was definitely above the crossbar, but whether the point of stick/puck contact was above the crossbar is another matter. Really close, could only be determined by replay I think.
coalboss

Post by coalboss »

OT in rapids
grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 »

These guys sure play some wild games.
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

Overrated/Overhyped team takes it in OT!
YouTube.com/BarbellMedicine
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Ah well. Pity. Hard to say you deserve to win when you only show up for one period.

Bottom line, this is a toss-up game if they meet again in sections. As expected. East is unlikely to get a high seed now, but not like there's a huge difference between 2 and 3. Will be interesting to see if Rapids can build off of this, and how East responds.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

TheHockeyDJ wrote:Overrated/Overhyped team takes it in OT!
Don't get too excited there big boy. Your squad just dodged a bullet from a team that is only a few weeks removed from getting beat by Marshall. Regardless you are still gonna get them in 7AA semis. Good luck getting through them and ER in back to back games. Your boys lack the fortitude to string together 2 big wins in a row.
northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

karl(east) wrote:Ah well. Pity. Hard to say you deserve to win when you only show up for one period.

Bottom line, this is a toss-up game if they meet again in sections. As expected. East is unlikely to get a high seed now, but not like there's a huge difference between 2 and 3. Will be interesting to see if Rapids can build off of this, and how East responds.
I agree Karl. That is as flat as I have ever seen an East team play in 15 years of competition. However when they did skate, holy cow what a game! HS hockey is amazing.
northwoods oldtimer

What is your PM?!
Last edited by northwoods oldtimer on Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
howardst

Post by howardst »

On top of that you really dodged a bullet with the fact that the high stick was a questionable call that 50% would not be reversed. That would mean you lost in regulation. DJ dont be puffing your feathers just yet. Rapids has not proved they can play as a team and win anything yet
greenway1969

Post by greenway1969 »

Good win for Rapids. Is this a turnaround or a one shot deal? The rest of their schedule could set them up for a strong finish. Wayzata and Holy Family (both at home) will provide them their best competition along with a game at Hibbing. The rest should be very winnable.
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

howardst wrote:On top of that you really dodged a bullet with the fact that the high stick was a questionable call that 50% would not be reversed. That would mean you lost in regulation. DJ dont be puffing your feathers just yet. Rapids has not proved they can play as a team and win anything yet
They could win state and nationals at the AAA level and you'd say the same thing. yawn. btw, Northwoods, what was your post before you edited it twice?
YouTube.com/BarbellMedicine
northwoods oldtimer

TheHockeyDJ wrote:
howardst wrote:On top of that you really dodged a bullet with the fact that the high stick was a questionable call that 50% would not be reversed. That would mean you lost in regulation. DJ dont be puffing your feathers just yet. Rapids has not proved they can play as a team and win anything yet
They could win state and nationals at the AAA level and you'd say the same thing. yawn. btw, Northwoods, what was your post before you edited it twice?
Elk River
East
Rapids
:P
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

Elks control their own destiny with the 6-2 win V Rapids even if they lose to East and Blaine. Hope East doesn't drop to the 4 seed.
Nuts&Bolts

Post by Nuts&Bolts »

DJ, I disagree with Stats. You should keep yucking it up and go celebrate and tell us how great the halloween machine is. It just makes for better entertainment in February when things come crashing to an end in the quarters or semis in 7AA. To the Ground Round you go for a wine cooler. Congratulations GR and DJ! :D
northwoods oldtimer

TheHockeyDJ wrote:
DJ, lets meet up when I get back to the north country in April. Looking forward to it big guy! Stay on your meds bud.