Hermantown vs Delano

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

howardst

Hermantown vs Delano

Post by howardst »

Tues. I believe I am going to run down to Mars Lakeview and catch this game. I know. This will make me a hawk fan now but that's ok. I like watching hs hockey. Any insight on Delano and what there montra is? Are they a puck control team or do they play a physical style? This could be a interesting game.
kniven

Re: Hermantown vs Delano

Post by kniven »

howardst wrote:Tues. I believe I am going to run down to Mars Lakeview and catch this game. I know. This will make me a hawk fan now but that's ok. I like watching hs hockey. Any insight on Delano and what there montra is? Are they a puck control team or do they play a physical style? This could be a interesting game.
http://www.marslakeview.com/download/2015HHC_V.pdf

Should be an interesting holiday tournament. On paper, Bemidji vs. Hermantown will probably meet in the championship game. But that's why they play the game on the ice and not on paper :)
hawkeyguy2

Re: Hermantown vs Delano

Post by hawkeyguy2 »

howardst wrote:Tues. I believe I am going to run down to Mars Lakeview and catch this game. I know. This will make me a hawk fan now but that's ok. I like watching hs hockey. Any insight on Delano and what there montra is? Are they a puck control team or do they play a physical style? This could be a interesting game.
Delano is not physical at all. Can you say "Ben Meyers?"
rainier

Post by rainier »

Hermantown putting a beating on Delano. 4-1 Hawks early in the 2nd.
"You can't triple stamp a double stamp." -Harry Dunn
rainier

Post by rainier »

Oof, 5-1 Hawks. They are making a statement vs a team that scored 7 goals on Breck.
pekyman

Post by pekyman »

Anybody know who advances in the Marshall/Notre Dame game? Looks like it ended in a tie. Also, nice OT win by Cloquet against Bemidgi.
Usthockey13

Post by Usthockey13 »

pekyman wrote:Anybody know who advances in the Marshall/Notre Dame game? Looks like it ended in a tie. Also, nice OT win by Cloquet against Bemidgi.
ND WON THE SHOOTOUT
pekyman

Post by pekyman »

Usthockey13 wrote:
pekyman wrote:Anybody know who advances in the Marshall/Notre Dame game? Looks like it ended in a tie. Also, nice OT win by Cloquet against Bemidgi.
ND WON THE SHOOTOUT
Thanks!
Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 »

Usthockey13 wrote:
ND WON THE SHOOTOUT
Tough break for Marshall. That program has grown leaps and bounds since they opted up to AA. Give them two years and they'll be the favorites in 7AA.
rainier

Post by rainier »

Jeffy95 wrote:
Usthockey13 wrote:
ND WON THE SHOOTOUT
Tough break for Marshall. That program has grown leaps and bounds since they opted up to AA. Give them two years and they'll be the favorites in 7AA.
I'm curious to know what you base this on. I know they are young a team and will have an excellent 5-6 players that will be upperclassmen then, but I'm curious to know if there is a wave of good area bantams set to join them.
Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 »

rainier wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote:
Usthockey13 wrote: ND WON THE SHOOTOUT
I'm curious to know what you base this on. I know they are young a team and will have an excellent 5-6 players that will be upperclassmen then, but I'm curious to know if there is a wave of good area bantams set to join them.
They are really heavy on talented Freshmen and Sophomores right now. Don't know much about Bantams other than the younger Krenzen on Duluth's AA team. I'm assuming with all of the buzz I'm hearing about their program now they will get some top kids that would have played elsewhere if they were still in class A. The school is very committed to the hockey program right now. The on-campus arena doesn't hurt either.