@cohshockeypod Weekly Recap Show

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

SquirtC'00

@cohshockeypod Weekly Recap Show

Post by SquirtC'00 »

On today's show Tom and Danny were Karl-less and discuss Danny's road trip up north for Friday's games. Also covered on the show is next weeks match ups between EGF/Breck & SPA, Blaine/Edina, Benilde/Hill. For stats, updates, and pics of the games, follow @cohshockeypod.

https://audioboom.com/boos/3883774-11-2 ... ey-podcast
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Sorry to deprive you of my wisdom this week. Schedule permitting, I should be back on board next weekend.
green4

Post by green4 »

I don't understand the stance that is being made about Burnsville on this show.
Last week they made it sound like Burnsville was a surprise team who was better than expected. They were impressed by the close score with Hill and how they doubled them in shots.
This week Burnsville goes to OT with Edina, which should backup their point from last week. Instead of mentioning how Burnsville could be better than expected, they just talked about how Edina is a superior team and thus should have never let it go to OT.
Edina and Hill are placed near one another in the rankings, yet they had two different views on the games.
Even more confusing was how they talked up Benilde as perhaps the best team in the state to only predict them to lose this week to Hill.

I like what they are doing, and I enjoy listening while I work on stuff, but it seems like they contradicted themselves throughout this show.
FadedRedLine

Post by FadedRedLine »

green4 wrote:I don't understand the stance that is being made about Burnsville on this show.
Last week they made it sound like Burnsville was a surprise team who was better than expected. They were impressed by the close score with Hill and how they doubled them in shots.
This week Burnsville goes to OT with Edina, which should backup their point from last week. Instead of mentioning how Burnsville could be better than expected, they just talked about how Edina is a superior team and thus should have never let it go to OT.
Edina and Hill are placed near one another in the rankings, yet they had two different views on the games.
Even more confusing was how they talked up Benilde as perhaps the best team in the state to only predict them to lose this week to Hill.

I like what they are doing, and I enjoy listening while I work on stuff, but it seems like they contradicted themselves throughout this show.
I agree with Green4 - cool idea and could develop into a niche for MN HS hockey. But, not sure if they need to do a little more prep before the show or something because it seems like they get caught off guard and have to say something.

Not trying to be negative but, like Green4 did, providing a little constructive criticism to help improve the program.
SquirtC'00

Post by SquirtC'00 »

Thanks for listening and offering your opinions. We value both. See you at the Blaine/Edina Saturday.