Scrimmages

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

air force one wrote:Anybody have the schedule for the Moorhead jamboree on the 14th?
Anyone have any info on Moorhead scrimmages?
Gotothenetman

Post by Gotothenetman »

Rosemount 2 Marshall 1
Rosemount 3 Denfield 1
Rosemount 2 Herman town 1

From Duluth
pats12

Post by pats12 »

elliott70 wrote:
air force one wrote:Anybody have the schedule for the Moorhead jamboree on the 14th?
Anyone have any info on Moorhead scrimmages?
I think Luverne went, who else was there?
Hockey7326

Post by Hockey7326 »

St. Cloud Apollo results from Burnsville
3-1 Loss vs Lakeville North
1-0 Loss vs Moundsview
6-5 Win vs Forest Lake

St. Cloud Cathedral results from Moorhead
3-3 Tie vs EGF
2-0 Loss vs Farmington
3-0 Loss vs Moorhead
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Blaine loses scrimmage to Mahtomedi. Maht scrimmage schedule has been brutal and they've been consistently winning. Maht may be underrated. Good offensive depth. Will Swanson steady in goal , following good Elite season
GraniteCity22

Post by GraniteCity22 »

Hockey7326 wrote:St. Cloud Apollo results from Burnsville
1-0 Loss vs Moundsview
6-5 Win vs Forest Lake

3-3 Tie vs EGF
2-0 Loss vs Farmington
3-0 Loss vs Moorhead
Little late to the party but the Farmington/SCC game was cut short due to a scary leg injury to a SCC defender anyone know what happened?
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

Anyone go to the GR/BSM scrimmage today?
YouTube.com/BarbellMedicine
Immigrant Fan

Post by Immigrant Fan »

Yes, went to BSM v GR scrimmage today. It was ugly for GR. BSM outscored Rapids 4-0 before the break. After the break they were working on penalty kills. I only stuck around for about 20 minutes of that.

Rapids looked like they had never played together in their lives. BSM looked pretty complete and in-sync.
Not born here...
...but, would hate to leave
ThePuckStopsHere

Post by ThePuckStopsHere »

Immigrant Fan wrote:Yes, went to BSM v GR scrimmage today. It was ugly for GR. BSM outscored Rapids 4-0 before the break. After the break they were working on penalty kills. I only stuck around for about 20 minutes of that.

Rapids looked like they had never played together in their lives. BSM looked pretty complete and in-sync.
Is DJ on suicide watch?
Edinahopkins

Post by Edinahopkins »

Rapids is over rated it's east and elk rivers section
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

Edinahopkins wrote:Rapids is over rated it's east and elk rivers section
What happened to the poems with the call for a new coach?
Hockeyisnotlife

Post by Hockeyisnotlife »

TheHockeyDJ wrote:
Edinahopkins wrote:Rapids is over rated it's east and elk rivers section
What happened to the poems with the call for a new coach?
What happened to hadenuf blaming the goaltending? Oh yeah, it's going to be the blue line this year. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just a scrimmage .... Like Randolph said on ESPN 1500 this morn. The only games that matter are at the end of the year.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Edinahopkins, speaking of overrated, Edina barely beat the Fire and lost to Wayz tonite , Farmington game Tuesday will be interesting
Edinahopkins

Post by Edinahopkins »

Did Farmington keep all their kids from that talented youth
Group a few years back ? And I had a nephew that played
Youth hockey for the best coach I ever scene and I wanted
Him to coach and for all you rapids fans would stop crying ever
Year or brag about how good you are tell you go to state stop
Immigrant Fan

Post by Immigrant Fan »

It is just a scrimmage, so I'm not getting too wound-up one way or the other. GR looked pretty good against H-M last weekend, and generally disinterested against BSM today. It will be more telling to see how they do against the Red Knights next weekend. It did not look to me like Jonah Bischoff was on the ice today; I wonder what was up with that.

But for now, it is time for the games to start counting - at home against Bemidji on Tuesday night. I'll wait to get through November before I start speculating regarding late-February.
Not born here...
...but, would hate to leave
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

Yes Jonah is on the IR, shouldn't be long though. Some of the players on the radio in the morning were asked about how you want to play a scrimmage vs a team you play in the regular season in a week and maybe there was a feeling of not wanting to show your hand in a scrimmage. Rapids has players that have proven themselves in the past, there is no denying what they have accomplished as individuals and winning a bantam state title for the current juniors and sophomores. But they gotta live by their slogan of "right here, right now". Klatt said it himself, it doesn't matter what the past is, it's what you'll do tomorrow.
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

Edinahopkins wrote:Did Farmington keep all their kids from that talented youth
Group a few years back ? And I had a nephew that played
Youth hockey for the best coach I ever scene and I wanted
Him to coach and for all you rapids fans would stop crying ever
Year or brag about how good you are tell you go to state stop
Are you insinuating you really think someone else would be a better option than Klatt? Did the person you think is a great coach play 10+ years in the NHL and serve as head of scouting for an NHL team? Due to his scouting it looks like the Islanders have decent team right now.
Edinahopkins

Post by Edinahopkins »

Just because you played in the NHL and accomplished great things , make you
A great coach I am sure he well do fine do I think he was the
Best option no! I scene a lot of coaches and coaching is like playing
Some have talent for coaching some or better players ! But based on your
Words of wisdom elk river should have been destroying east
Because of their coaches achievements , I still bleed orange because I graduated their so I hope it works out for them! Except when they play
Hopkins of course ;)
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

Edinahopkins wrote:Just because you played in the NHL and accomplished great things , make you
A great coach I am sure he well do fine do I think he was the
Best option no! I scene a lot of coaches and coaching is like playing
Some have talent for coaching some or better players ! But based on your
Words of wisdom elk river should have been destroying east
Because of their coaches achievements , I still bleed orange because I graduated their so I hope it works out for them! Except when they play
Hopkins of course ;)
Again, more people putting words in my mouth. Where did I say playing in the NHL has anything to do with Elk River and East? Let's just see how Klatt does this week, plenty of tests early playing Bemidji, Minnetonka, and especially BSM. Obviously just playing in the NHL isn't a be-all-end-all, however these guys do have a unique perspective and credibility. Just listening to the 45 min worth of interviews with Klatt on KOZY I think he'll put into place solutions to the problems this team has had the last few years. The main thing I'm looking for vs Bemidji on Tuesday night is will GR play a fast game early. They put themselves in tough spots last year by waiting until the 2nd period to show up.
norcon

Post by norcon »

As they did against HM, Rapids played some kids who likely won't see much time with the varsity. Good move by coaches to see who might be able to fill-in if guys start going down due to injuries.
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

norcon wrote:As they did against HM, Rapids played some kids who likely won't see much time with the varsity. Good move by coaches to see who might be able to fill-in if guys start going down due to injuries.
I noticed they moved Brendan Mark back to D, which I think is a good move because he played there as a sophomore if my memory is correct. I also like that they put Miller on the 1st line with Mattson and Adams, he is very fast. It gives them more balance with Bischoff on line two, and Hain-McLaughlin-Harris should be a very potent 3rd line. I noticed also they put Huson with Stampohar as the first D pairing. Can't wait to get things rolling Tuesday night.
rainier

Post by rainier »

TheHockeyDJ wrote:
norcon wrote:As they did against HM, Rapids played some kids who likely won't see much time with the varsity. Good move by coaches to see who might be able to fill-in if guys start going down due to injuries.
I noticed they moved Brendan Mark back to D, which I think is a good move because he played there as a sophomore if my memory is correct. I also like that they put Miller on the 1st line with Mattson and Adams, he is very fast. It gives them more balance with Bischoff on line two, and Hain-McLaughlin-Harris should be a very potent 3rd line. I noticed also they put Huson with Stampohar as the first D pairing. Can't wait to get things rolling Tuesday night.
Hain and Mclaughlin on third line? Who is on 2nd line? Bischoff, Koehn, and Stefan? After the Elite performance by those two excellent sophomores, I wouldn't be surprised if the "third line" finds itself getting more ice time than the second.

I thought it might be a good idea to put Bischoff at D. It would be a huge upgrade for the defense, and Burnson could step into the top 9 forwards and there wouldn't be much overall drop off.

Jacks-Hawks is gonna be a good one!
tututangous

East

Post by tututangous »

Did I hear correctly that DE skipped its scrimmages this weekend due to too many injuries?
mnhockey47

Post by mnhockey47 »

GraniteCity22 wrote:
Hockey7326 wrote:St. Cloud Apollo results from Burnsville
1-0 Loss vs Moundsview
6-5 Win vs Forest Lake

3-3 Tie vs EGF
2-0 Loss vs Farmington
3-0 Loss vs Moorhead
Little late to the party but the Farmington/SCC game was cut short due to a scary leg injury to a SCC defender anyone know what happened?
Junior Defensemen Max Labine from Cathedral broke his fibula and tore tendons in his ankle.
karl(east)

Re: East

Post by karl(east) »

tututangous wrote:Did I hear correctly that DE skipped its scrimmages this weekend due to too many injuries?
Correct. To my knowledge nothing is long-term, but they were bleeding bodies earlier in the week and canceled their road trip.