Section 3A : 2015-2016

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

hawkeyguy2

Post by hawkeyguy2 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:41 pm

zamboniexhaustinhaler wrote:
hawkeyguy2 wrote:
BP wrote:
Corn Cobb wrote:
elliott70 wrote:
BP wrote:Anyone know where Chaz Smedsrud ended up this year? Can't find him on any junior rosters anywhere.

Notre Dame Hounds
Saskatchewan Juniors
Canadian Jr. A league
Interesting choice. Except for the bchl, the cjhl ain't nuthin' to write home about.
Was there no interest from any of the NAHL teams?
No idea, but I would guess not; be silly to go that part of the cjhl instead of the na.

Though some of the leagues in the cjhl do/or used to anyway, have no billet fees, so maybe that entered in to it, who knows.

Anyone know ?

They have to pay in that league from my understanding of past kids in the league that I've known.
Thanks. Seems like the past couple years, even those leagues in the cjhl that didn't charge before, are starting to.

The SJHL (Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League) is Junior A and is a step below Canadian major juniors. It is FREE to play and has free billet and also reimburses expenses typically $200 - $300 per month. College scholarships are available for every year you play of about $1,500 per year. It is considered a step below NAHL but above NA3HL.
I know about the league/CJHL thanks.

Good to hear they're still not charging. I know the MJHL didn't too, but I believe they are one that changed ?
MJHL still free... same as SJHL

zamboniexhaustinhaler

Post by zamboniexhaustinhaler » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:47 pm

hawkeyguy2 wrote:
hawkeyguy2 wrote:
BP wrote:
Corn Cobb wrote:
elliott70 wrote:
BP wrote:Anyone know where Chaz Smedsrud ended up this year? Can't find him on any junior rosters anywhere.

Notre Dame Hounds
Saskatchewan Juniors
Canadian Jr. A league
Interesting choice. Except for the bchl, the cjhl ain't nuthin' to write home about.
Was there no interest from any of the NAHL teams?
No idea, but I would guess not; be silly to go that part of the cjhl instead of the na.

Though some of the leagues in the cjhl do/or used to anyway, have no billet fees, so maybe that entered in to it, who knows.

Anyone know ?

They have to pay in that league from my understanding of past kids in the league that I've known.
Thanks. Seems like the past couple years, even those leagues in the cjhl that didn't charge before, are starting to.

The SJHL (Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League) is Junior A and is a step below Canadian major juniors. It is FREE to play and has free billet and also reimburses expenses typically $200 - $300 per month. College scholarships are available for every year you play of about $1,500 per year. It is considered a step below NAHL but above NA3HL.
I know about the league/CJHL thanks.

Good to hear they're still not charging. I know the MJHL didn't too, but I believe they are one that changed ?
MJHL still free... same as SJHL
Appreciate it.