Section 7AA 2015-16

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

observer

Post by observer »

old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Forest lake added Chisago/NSP. Not sue who they dropped besides SMA.
Last edited by old goalie85 on Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

Wait, what?
YouTube.com/BarbellMedicine
kniven

Post by kniven »

kniven wrote:
kniven wrote:
kniven wrote: And CEC gets 2 cracks at Grand Rapids and Duluth East every year during the regular season. I am looking forward to the challenge :)
I am uploading the game video from the 2012-2013 game in Grand Rapids vs. Cloquet/E/C. I'll post it here when uploaded.
http://youtu.be/5gkNxlc92qQ

2014-2015 Grand Rapids at Cloquet

https://youtu.be/TWjyPa34WUM
kniven

Duluth East at Cloquet 2014-2015

Post by kniven »

Edinahopkins

Post by Edinahopkins »

Rapids just lost jack dunnel big lose to the D
Usthockey13

Post by Usthockey13 »

Edinahopkins wrote:Rapids just lost jack dunnel big lose to the D
I also heard Mattson isn't coming back? Any truth?
ilovemesomehockey

Post by ilovemesomehockey »

He was out most of last year. So.....??
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

Source?
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

Usthockey13 wrote:
I also heard Mattson isn't coming back? Any truth?
Klatt named Mattson a captain for the 2015-16 season.
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

If those guys are leaving, where are they going?
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

Mattson is playing USHL before/after HS. The news on Dunnell is shocking. Still waiting to hear where he is going. I don't get why of all years a guy would leave GR this season. Very puzzling
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

Well, learned Dunnell is playing for the Rangers in the SIJHL.....
rainier

Post by rainier »

TheHockeyDJ wrote:Well, learned Dunnell is playing for the Rangers in the SIJHL.....
Ugh. That's certainly a step down from playing high level AA hs hockey. Makes you wonder if there was a player/coach/parent conflict.

Klatt will have to move one of his forwards to defense now.
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

rainier wrote:
TheHockeyDJ wrote:Well, learned Dunnell is playing for the Rangers in the SIJHL.....
Ugh. That's certainly a step down from playing high level AA hs hockey. Makes you wonder if there was a player/coach/parent conflict.

Last edited by TheHockeyDJ on Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

TheHockeyDJ wrote:
rainier wrote:

I don't get it. Top 10 team, great fans and community, best chance Rapids has had to go to state in many years. I don't know about this SIJHL but do any of their games match a sold out IRA Civic Center?
Most likely he was tired of having to play East on there home ice in the sections :D
norcon

Post by norcon »

[quote="TheHockeyDJ"]Mattson is playing USHL before/after HS. The news on Dunnell is shocking. Still waiting to hear where he is going. I don't get why of all years a guy would leave GR this season. Very puzzling[/quot

Might have something to do with academics.
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

norcon wrote:
TheHockeyDJ wrote:Mattson is playing USHL before/after HS. The news on Dunnell is shocking. Still waiting to hear where he is going. I don't get why of all years a guy would leave GR this season. Very puzzling[/quot

Might have something to do with academics.
That reaally sucks. He's got a lot of potential. With his size I would think he could play in the NAHL rather easy.
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Maybe it was those FL match-ups :lol: Best of luck to the young man. Good looking player.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

If Mattson stays in Bloomington, GR drops out of top 10 and is no longer Section 7 favorite. Darn it, I was hoping the new coach could hold the team together and make an X run next March.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

WestMetro wrote:If Mattson stays in Bloomington, GR drops out of top 10 and is no longer Section 7 favorite. Darn it, I was hoping the new coach could hold the team together and make an X run next March.
Not so sure they were 7AA favorite anyway after run DE went on end of last year and all returning players Hounds have. Whether Mattson stays or goes, GR will be fine with all incredible young talent they have coming up with Hain, Mclaughlin, Stejstal, etc. Look for Micah Miller to have a breakout year as well.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Was counting on the senior trio of Matson , Adams, and Bischoff to help develop the talented underclassmen experience. Figuring by the time March came around, that their huge potent offense could take care of Duluth Eastespecially with Howg graduated. Now the Mattsons gone, there is a little more uncertainty of how quickly everything can be pulled together, so I'm dropping them down a notch or two for the time being
kniven

Post by kniven »

so is 7AA going to be a crap-shoot like last year or 3-4 teams bunched at the top? ER dominated in the regular season, though. I know we are all high school hockey geeks in here =). ER, Duluth East, Grand Rapids, then everybody else fighting for table scraps? That seems to be the general consensus. not in that particular order.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

I'm wondering if elks have enough firepower or D experience, although Meyers is solid in goal and was above .900 save percent last year
Immigrant Fan

Post by Immigrant Fan »

Other than XO on a different thread saying he heard Mattson is staying in Bloomington all season, has anyone seen any verification of this as fact? The GR website is not showing any such news or announcements that I can find.

Call it Orange Crush and Tang induced denial, but it would be nice to know this is a fact before I throw myself off the ledge...at least I think that is what I am supposed to do to fit the GR fan stereotype.
Not born here...
...but, would hate to leave