New Goalie Program Coming to Town????

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Stars67

New Goalie Program Coming to Town????

Post by Stars67 »

I was just browsing through some summer options for my nephew and I came across ELI WILSON GOALTENDING. It looks like he is coming to town this MEA break, he has quite the resume as he has worked with some of the biggest names in the NHL i.e. Carey Price and Devan Dubnyk.

Should be a nice opportunity to polish up some skills for high schoolers right before tryouts.

http://www.eliwilsongoaltending.com/Camps.aspx
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

Nothing but a money maker!!!!!!!!
DrGaf

Post by DrGaf »

mulefarm wrote:Nothing but a money maker!!!!!!!!
All training opportunities are money makers. Or else they would not be happening.
Sorry, fresh out, Don't Really Give Any.
hockeyfan893

Post by hockeyfan893 »

Why are you decrying it for being nothing but a money maker? What a silly argument. In case you're not aware, we live in a hybridized capitalist economic marketplace where we sell our labor for monetary compensation. Judge not by the profit motive but by the quality of the service provided.

A short list of other "money makers" for your consideration:
- Neurosurgeons
- Automakers
- Sports equipment manufacturers (Yeah guys! Easton is nothing but a money maker!)
- Restaraunts
- Prostitutes
kniven

Post by kniven »

hockeyfan893 wrote:Why are you decrying it for being nothing but a money maker? What a silly argument. In case you're not aware, we live in a hybridized capitalist economic marketplace where we sell our labor for monetary compensation. Judge not by the profit motive but by the quality of the service provided.

- Neurosurgeons
- Automakers
- Sports equipment manufacturers (Yeah guys! Easton is nothing but a money maker!)
- Restaraunts
- Prostitutes
Well said. Yea, I make money too. I guess I should feel bad about that. I don't know what I would do if I didn't make money. My kids. My wife. Maybe we should just do away with money and do everything for free.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

hockeyfan893 wrote:Why are you decrying it for being nothing but a money maker? What a silly argument. In case you're not aware, we live in a hybridized capitalist economic marketplace where we sell our labor for monetary compensation. Judge not by the profit motive but by the quality of the service provided.

- Neurosurgeons
- Automakers
- Restaraunts
- Prostitutes
Boom!
Nevertoomuchhockey

Post by Nevertoomuchhockey »

And here I thought you'd just blast him for advertising his new program on the wrong board. Instead you blasted the mere existence of for-profit sports training and development! Well that escalated quickly. Lol.
JoltDelivered

Post by JoltDelivered »

hockeyfan893 wrote:In case you're not aware, we live in a hybridized capitalist economic marketplace
I need to take a Denny Green like knee for a moment and digest that one.

Mind Blown! #-o
"I find tinsel distracting"
longrebound

Post by longrebound »

hockeyfan893 wrote:In case you're not aware, we live in a hybridized capitalist economic marketplace where we sell our labor for monetary compensation.
You're a first year grad student. You just got finished reading some Marxian Historian, Pete Garrison probably. You're gonna' be convinced of that until next month when you get to James Lemon, then you're gonna' be talking about how the economies of Virginia and Pennsylvania were entrepreneurial and capitalist way back in 1740. That's gonna' last until next year, you're gonna' be in here regurgitating Gordon Wood, talking about ya know, the Pre-Revolutionary utopia and the capital forming effects of military mobilization.
ilovemesomehockey

Post by ilovemesomehockey »

longrebound wrote:
hockeyfan893 wrote:In case you're not aware, we live in a hybridized capitalist economic marketplace where we sell our labor for monetary compensation.
You're a first year grad student. You just got finished reading some Marxian Historian, Pete Garrison probably. You're gonna' be convinced of that until next month when you get to James Lemon, then you're gonna' be talking about how the economies of Virginia and Pennsylvania were entrepreneurial and capitalist way back in 1740. That's gonna' last until next year, you're gonna' be in here regurgitating Gordon Wood, talking about ya know, the Pre-Revolutionary utopia and the capital forming effects of military mobilization.
"See, the sad thing about a guy like you is in 50 years you're gonna staht doin some thinkin on your own and you're gonna come up with the fact that there are two certaintees in life. One, don't do that. And Two, you dropped a hundred and fifty grand on a f'ingeducation you coulda got for a dollah fifty in late chahges at the public library."
bardown27

Post by bardown27 »

"do you like apples?"
"yeah."
"well i got her number, how do you like them apples?!"
WarmUpTheBus

Post by WarmUpTheBus »

[quote="longrebound"][quote="hockeyfan893"]In case you're not aware, we live in a hybridized capitalist economic marketplace where we sell our labor for monetary compensation. [/quote]

You're a first year grad student. You just got finished reading some Marxian Historian, Pete Garrison probably. You're gonna' be convinced of that until next month when you get to James Lemon, then you're gonna' be talking about how the economies of Virginia and Pennsylvania were entrepreneurial and capitalist way back in 1740. That's gonna' last until next year, you're gonna' be in here regurgitating Gordon Wood, talking about ya know, the Pre-Revolutionary utopia and the capital forming effects of military mobilization.[/quote]

James Lemon: "All they have in Virginia and Pennsylvania are prostitutes and hockey players."

Gordon Wood: "Say, my wife is from Pennsylvania."

James Lemon: "Really? What team did she play for?"
ThePuckStopsHere

Re: New Goalie Program Coming to Town????

Post by ThePuckStopsHere »

Stars67 wrote:I was just browsing through some summer options for my nephew and I came across ELI WILSON GOALTENDING. It looks like he is coming to town this MEA break, he has quite the resume as he has worked with some of the biggest names in the NHL i.e. Carey Price and Devan Dubnyk.

Should be a nice opportunity to polish up some skills for high schoolers right before tryouts.

Will you be working this event?
Wet Paint

Re: New Goalie Program Coming to Town????

Post by Wet Paint »

Stars67 wrote:I was just browsing through some summer options for my nephew and I came across ELI WILSON GOALTENDING. It looks like he is coming to town this MEA break, he has quite the resume as he has worked with some of the biggest names in the NHL i.e. Carey Price and Devan Dubnyk.

Pretty amazing stuff you can find when you are looking for training for your nephew on line. Did you also take a look at a few of the other training groups as well? Stauber's Goalcrease does a very nice job as does a couple of others.

Just saying that you need to look at all of the programs and training sessions that are out there for your nephew so that you can get the best. Not saying that these guys aren't good, but be sure to check out all of your options before you drop big bucks for a training program.
Stars67

Post by Stars67 »

Thepuck: No I would love to get the opportunity to see some of the practices however... I know there is a lot of new lingo surrounding the "head trajectory" I wouldn't mind seeing what all the craze is about...

As for local options, I would agree with you on Stuaber's I would also throw in MEGA to that category as solid options. My nephew has been on the ice with both. I was just looking for another option as something different. Goaltending is like a tool box its about stuffing as many tools into the box as possible.

The real travesty here is Tretiak isn't in Detroit Lakes anymore... I remember going to him as a kid and I still to this day have never seen anything like it. It was an amazing experience.