Mr. Hockey 2016

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

TheNightman

Post by TheNightman »

Here's my best guess for semifinalists. Things get a bit tricky towards the end, I'd be interested to see what others would have for a top 10 right now.

Riley Tufte
Mitchell Mattson
Michael Graham
Luke Notermann
Will Garin
Cade Gleekel
Tyler Jette
Wyatt Aamodt
Chase Ellingson
Max Johnson

Others: Billy Jerry, Mark Senden, Casey Dornbach, Nick Leitner
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

That's a pretty good list. I might sub in Jackson Cates for Jette
TheNightman

Post by TheNightman »

WestMetro wrote:That's a pretty good list. I might sub in Jackson Cates for Jette
Cates was the last guy I left off, and I did so because he's being outscored by his younger brother.

Jette has a decent chance of being drafted, which seems to be a pretty large factor.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

TheNightman wrote:Here's my best guess for semifinalists. Things get a bit tricky towards the end, I'd be interested to see what others would have for a top 10 right now.

Riley Tufte
Mitchell Mattson
Michael Graham
Luke Notermann
Will Garin
Cade Gleekel
Tyler Jette
Wyatt Aamodt
Chase Ellingson
Max Johnson

Looks pretty good...Couple of guys on there living off their reputation though more than their performance this year. Won't name names. :o :o
Bonin2121

Post by Bonin2121 »

Since number two and three are living off their reputations, this one is a no brainer this year and has been for a few months.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Yeay Nightman, been following the stats and hear you on that one. Saw both brothers on full display recently against Hill Murray , impressive.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Bonin2121 wrote:Since number two and three are living off their reputations, this one is a no brainer this year and has been for a few months.
You "named" them for me! Thanks
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Oh and ps if max Johnson isn't a mr hockey finalist this thing is more rigged than most think. I would say that even if he played for Lakeville south.
green4

Post by green4 »

Could Smedsrud make the list? I don't think he is as talented as the others that were mentioned, but he does have a little more credibility than the typical, random, high point scoring senior that plays poor competition.
chester1991

Mr Hockey Top 10

Post by chester1991 »

1) Tufte Blaine 33 goals

2) Koepke Hermantown 27 goals

3) Ellingson Breck 54 points

4) Johnson Lakeville North 24 goals

5) Turnquist Spring Lake Park 28 goals

6) Nottermen Blaine 59 points

7) Gleekel BSM 54 points

8) Jackson Cates Stillwater 47 points

9) Mattson Grand Rapids 38 points

10) Graham Eden Prairie 38 points
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

While this is a very forward-heavy year, some of the lists getting kicked around seem to forget D completely. Aamodt is a shoo-in for the list, and Jette probably has decent odds. Staum probably shouldn't be one since he's been hurt for a lot of the year, but he otherwise has the draft stock, and that simple fact hasn't stopped them from nominating people in the past, despite long injuries.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

karl(east) wrote:While this is a very forward-heavy year, some of the lists getting kicked around seem to forget D completely. Aamodt is a shoo-in for the list, and Jette probably has decent odds. Staum probably shouldn't be one since he's been hurt for a lot of the year, but he otherwise has the draft stock, and that simple fact hasn't stopped them from nominating people in the past, despite long injuries.
Have you seen Jette play?
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Sats81 wrote:
karl(east) wrote:While this is a very forward-heavy year, some of the lists getting kicked around seem to forget D completely. Aamodt is a shoo-in for the list, and Jette probably has decent odds. Staum probably shouldn't be one since he's been hurt for a lot of the year, but he otherwise has the draft stock, and that simple fact hasn't stopped them from nominating people in the past, despite long injuries.
Have you seen Jette play?
No, but I'm going off of consideration of draft stock, which, I'm afraid, tends to be more important than actual performance when it comes to being a Mr. Hockey finalist.
InYourFace09

Post by InYourFace09 »

TheNightman wrote:Here's my best guess for semifinalists. Things get a bit tricky towards the end, I'd be interested to see what others would have for a top 10 right now.

Riley Tufte
Mitchell Mattson
Michael Graham
Luke Notermann
Will Garin
Cade Gleekel
Tyler Jette
Wyatt Aamodt
Chase Ellingson
Max Johnson

Put in Staum for Johnson and you nailed it!!
The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One »

http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/news_article/show/606964

Aamodt
Ellingson
Garin
Gleekel
Graham
Jette
Mattson
Notermann
Staum
Tufte

7/10 from my preseason prediction. Not too bad!
Last edited by The Exiled One on Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
barsouth

Post by barsouth »

Yikes... 9 games played 6 points 13 Regular season high school hockey points and gets named Mr. Hockey Finalist?
barsouth

Post by barsouth »

barsouth wrote:Yikes... 9 games played 6 points 13 Regular season high school hockey points and gets named Mr. Hockey Finalist?
Make that 13 total High School Hockey Points and 23 Elite League points.
FadedRedLine

Post by FadedRedLine »

barsouth wrote:
barsouth wrote:Yikes... 9 games played 6 points 13 Regular season high school hockey points and gets named Mr. Hockey Finalist?
Per Hockey Hub: 66 games, 22pts and a combined +/- of -1.

Anyone know if Hockey Hub stats are correct for Hill Murray?
Last edited by FadedRedLine on Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
barsouth

Post by barsouth »

FadedRedLine wrote:
barsouth wrote:
Per Hockey Hub: 66 games, 25pts and a combined +/- of -1.

Anyone know if Hockey Hub stats are correct for Hill Murray?

Correction 9 2013-14 7 2014-15 6 2015-16 22 TOTAL POINTS
TheNightman

Post by TheNightman »

Riley Tufte
Mitchell Mattson
Michael Graham
Luke Notermann
Will Garin
Cade Gleekel
Tyler Jette
Wyatt Aamodt
Chase Ellingson
Max Johnson

Looks like I was off by one. Not sure how they took Staum over Johnson.
The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One »

CoachRabbit wrote:Well congrats to you! :roll: :roll:
Thanks! 8)
Nuts&Bolts

Post by Nuts&Bolts »

Same old stuff but at least it's pretty clear that Tufte has all but received the award. But in defense of Stats (RIP pal) Johnson should have made the list even though he wasn't in the top 2 in LN scoring and there were 'easily' a few D men that could have replaced a couple on this list.
Bluelightspecial-II

Post by Bluelightspecial-II »

Nuts&Bolts wrote:Same old stuff but at least it's pretty clear that Tufte has all but received the award. But in defense of Stats (RIP pal) Johnson should have made the list even though he wasn't in the top 2 in LN scoring and there were 'easily' a few D men that could have replaced a couple on this list.
Some might question wether one particular D-Man is even the best on their team yet alone Mr. Hockey Finalist!
Nuts&Bolts

Post by Nuts&Bolts »

Maybe a couple of teams if you think about it.
Crusty

Post by Crusty »

You guys are over thinking this, Tufte has got this thing wrapped up. Their last 3 games are a bunch of cupcake teams, Tufte will just be padding his stats.