Naming places in duluth by hockey

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

grandmeadowhockeyfan

Naming places in duluth by hockey

Post by grandmeadowhockeyfan »

The Dan B show on kfan has been naming places by hockey greats. The talk was about naming the duluth lift bridge the spehar. I thought they have to be kidding. We'll how about this.

Talk from duluth radio

If we are going to name things in duluth by hockey events, teams, etc. well how about naming "2nd streets" in the twin ports areas. Rename them from "2nd street" to "Hermantown street " in reverence to the great run by Hermantown. Let me know what you think.
hermantown2000

Post by hermantown2000 »

Well lets change
AMSOIL Arena-Jack Connolly and Schimdt Arena
Duluth East High School-Mike Randolph High School
Enger Park-goalie park
Lakewalk-Junior Lessard walk
Grandmas Sports Garden-UMD Hockey Post Game Party/Dance Garden
Miller Hill Mall-The Stick Mall
Superior St-Scott Sandelin St
Grand Ave-Mask and glove Ave
Holiday Mall/Center-Empty netter Mall
Heritage Center-Hound and Hunter Center
Hermantown Arena-Bruce Plante Arena
I suppose they should rename the XCEL Center The Hockey Rink
Madison Square Garden-Messier Arena.
Edmonton Oilers stadium-Gretzky Arena.
:lol:
HSPuckFan

Post by HSPuckFan »

I've always thought the thought the lift bridge looks like a goal.So I'll just call it "That thing ship captions like to pretend is a goal because they also like to pretend there ship is a puck"....I mean hell there's even a goal horn,except it goes off just before the puck enters the net. :P
Go Zephyrs
Nevertoomuchhockey

Post by Nevertoomuchhockey »

If he wasn't a senior I'd totally move so my son could attend Mike Randolph High School.
And this was awhile ago but isnt there a street near the soccer fields in Proctor named "Pionk?"
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Nevertoomuchhockey wrote:If he wasn't a senior I'd totally move so my son could attend Mike Randolph High School.
And this was awhile ago but isnt there a street near the soccer fields in Proctor named "Pionk?"
Pionk Drive.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
Wet Paint

Post by Wet Paint »

Nevertoomuchhockey wrote:If he wasn't a senior I'd totally move so my son could attend Mike Randolph High School.
And when you move your son to MRHS you will be able to rest assured that he will be safe as there will never be any trapping done around there. :roll:
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Wet Paint wrote:
And when you move your son to MRHS you will be able to rest assured that he will be safe as there will never be any trapping done around there. :roll:
True, but there will be the nearly annual event called the End Grand Rapids & Elk River's Season Fest. :)

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006