WBL/Stillwater-Hill/Moundsview

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

inthetwine

WBL/Stillwater-Hill/Moundsview

Post by inthetwine »

Can Stillwater pull off the upset?, or can MV?
slacsap

Post by slacsap »

Stillwater is certainly capable of pulling off the upset. As for Mounds View,I think that depends completely on Hill. If the Pioneers play anywhere near their best, they should win fairly convincingly. This Hill team, however, has had games where they struggle to score and where their goaltending is shaky. If either of those things happen, they could lost to the fired up Mustangs.
Wblhcky2424

Post by Wblhcky2424 »

The Pioneers should have no problem with the Mustangs but weirder things have happened. if the mustangs want any kind of chance in this game, they have to stay out of the box especially 2 of their captains, Ramirez and Honkanen. The Pioneers cruise in this one 7-1

The Bears didn't play particularly well in either match up vs the Ponies this year but found a way to win both of them. The Bears had a tough time breaking out of their zone at St. Croix but I think that was mostly because Newpower was out of the line up. The Bears need to come firing out of the gate and put one in, they let Irondale hang around way too long even though the Bears were dominating play. Josh Benson is a very good goalie and the Ponies have the talent to stay with the Bears but I don't see them winning this game. The seniors for WBL aren't going to let them get upset in back to back years by Stillwater. I'll take the Bears 4-2
Bayside Tigers

Post by Bayside Tigers »

Wasn't this the setup last year, when the Little Ponies upset WBL, and then the Mean Green in the Coliseum's last affair?

My bigger question that I hope I can get an idea on ahead of time, is will the semis be hard to get tickets to, or only the final? When and where will tickets be available? Will this be like Black Friday with a line of people camping outside Aldrich all night long?
Wblhcky2424

Post by Wblhcky2424 »

Bayside Tigers wrote:Wasn't this the setup last year, when the Little Ponies upset WBL, and then the Mean Green in the Coliseum's last affair?

My bigger question that I hope I can get an idea on ahead of time, is will the semis be hard to get tickets to, or only the final? When and where will tickets be available? Will this be like Black Friday with a line of people camping outside Aldrich all night long?
For the semi's and final, tickets will go on sale at Aldrich starting at 3 the day of the game. Limit of 6 tickets per person
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

Wblhcky2424 wrote:
Bayside Tigers wrote:Wasn't this the setup last year, when the Little Ponies upset WBL, and then the Mean Green in the Coliseum's last affair?

For the semi's and final, tickets will go on sale at Aldrich starting at 3 the day of the game. Limit of 6 tickets per person
Dude, gets some sleep. :shock:
Wblhcky2424

Post by Wblhcky2424 »

What Is sleep?
WarmUpTheBus

Post by WarmUpTheBus »

Wblhcky2424 wrote:

Will the schools be selling tickets also?
Bayside Tigers

Post by Bayside Tigers »

6 per person? Seems excessive... I'll be buying 6 then and scalping 4 at $200 bucks a pop. No uppers. I'll be bringing my tent to Aldrich at midnight.
BodyShots wrote:Dude, gets some sleep. :shock:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1C1dp0QuSw
stpaul

Post by stpaul »

The semifinal double-headers at the Coliseum have not had big crowds the past few years. The Friday finals have pretty much filled the Coliseum. I suspect it will not be hard to get a seat on Tues. and Wed. but Friday will require getting in line early for ticket sales.
pioneers

Post by pioneers »

WarmUpTheBus wrote:
Wblhcky2424 wrote:

Will the schools be selling tickets also?
No There will be no presale of tickets.
Pioneers 1983, 1991 and 2008 State Champions
Bayside Tigers

Post by Bayside Tigers »

I want the Coliseum back. And Wes Herman.
East Side Pioneer Guy

Post by East Side Pioneer Guy »

Wblhcky2424 wrote:

Can adults buy student tickets?
Wblhcky2424

Post by Wblhcky2424 »

East Side Pioneer Guy wrote:
Wblhcky2424 wrote:

Can adults buy student tickets?
I would think so
Wblhcky2424

Post by Wblhcky2424 »

They just said during the HM and MV game they'll have tickets for the final on sale on Thursday Starting at 9am until 2pm And also on Friday from 3-6
WarmUpTheBus

Post by WarmUpTheBus »

Wblhcky2424 wrote:They just said during the HM and MV game they'll have tickets for the final on sale on Thursday Starting at 9am until 2pm And also on Friday from 3-6
Are the 9am until 2pm at Aldrich or at the High Schools?
Wblhcky2424

Post by Wblhcky2424 »

WarmUpTheBus wrote:
Wblhcky2424 wrote:They just said during the HM and MV game they'll have tickets for the final on sale on Thursday Starting at 9am until 2pm And also on Friday from 3-6
Are the 9am until 2pm at Aldrich or at the High Schools?
Aldrich
Goldyismoldy

Post by Goldyismoldy »

stpaul wrote:The semifinal double-headers at the Coliseum have not had big crowds the past few years. The Friday finals have pretty much filled the Coliseum. I suspect it will not be hard to get a seat on Tues. and Wed. but Friday will require getting in line early for ticket sales.
Attendance hasn't been the same since Hill conspired to have Centennial thrown out of this section. They used to be sitting in the isles at the Coliseum. Obviously, Hill doesn't have a huge 'territorial' draw, and White Bear fans tire of watching their team lose. Before the realignment with Centennial in that section (3AA)' and Elk River, Blaine, Anoka, & Maple Grove in 4AA, it was must see hockey.
Bayside Tigers

Post by Bayside Tigers »

It's all must see hockey, people don't come anyways. I've got about 100 posts on here, and I think 92 of them are complaining that nobody shows up to games anymore. Anywhere. Though I think Lakeville North has a bandwagon full, that's about it. But come state tournament time they'll come out in droves. Censored.

The atmosphere was sure pretty bland in comparison to the Coliseum tonight. Granted it wasn't a premier matchup, I'll give you that, but any matchup at the Coliseum at least had a playoff feel to it. I didn't even get warned that there was "Noooo smoking! At Aldrich Arena!" and I almost lit up a Marlboro!

p.s. Any idea what the repeated announcements about the "hot dogs as big as your head!" were all about? Just concessions advertising, or did that announcer think he was funny, or what? Maybe an old Oscar Meyer commercial used to use that phrase...? He said it about 7 times.
WarmUpTheBus

Post by WarmUpTheBus »

Bayside Tigers wrote:It's all must see hockey, people don't come anyways. I've got about 100 posts on here, and I think 92 of them are complaining that nobody shows up to games anymore. Anywhere. Though I think Lakeville North has a bandwagon full, that's about it. But come state tournament time they'll come out in droves. Censored.

The atmosphere was sure pretty bland in comparison to the Coliseum tonight. Granted it wasn't a premier matchup, I'll give you that, but any matchup at the Coliseum at least had a playoff feel to it. I didn't even get warned that there was "Noooo smoking! At Aldrich Arena!" and I almost lit up a Marlboro!

p.s. Any idea what the repeated announcements about the "hot dogs as big as your head!" were all about? Just concessions advertising, or did that announcer think he was funny, or what? Maybe an old Oscar Meyer commercial used to use that phrase...? He said it about 7 times.
The announcer has an extremely small head.
http://static1.squarespace.com/static/5 ... rmat=1500w
inthetwine

Post by inthetwine »

The guy promotes consession sales, he is Hills normal announcer, and Hill runs and gets a portion of sales. Home ice advantage. I did notice Hill took down all of their banners for the section tourney.
Bayside Tigers

Post by Bayside Tigers »

inthetwine wrote:The guy promotes consession sales, he is Hills normal announcer, and Hill runs and gets a portion of sales. Home ice advantage. I did notice Hill took down all of their banners for the section tourney.
Well what a weird way of going about. Not that I'm against it. It just left me more puzzled, than hungry.

I think I'll get one tonight or Friday, and if it's not as big as my head I'm going to huck it at him when he's announcing a goal.
Marty

Post by Marty »

I guess they keep their locker room as long as they are top seed ?

Or does the special locker rooms get closed off.
inthetwine

Post by inthetwine »

Marty wrote:I guess they keep their locker room as long as they are top seed ?

Or does the special locker rooms get closed off.
No, they are using it. They built it and paid for it.
stpaul

Aldrich

Post by stpaul »

There are still home and away team locker rooms on the east end. Hill-Murray built their locker rooms on the west end. Continuing to use their locker room has nothing to do with who is the top seed.

PS - Can anyone confirm that Section Final tickets will be sold at Aldrich Thursday morning starting at 9am.