Percent chance LVN does not lose a game.

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

% chance LVN does not lose a game

>80%
32%
60% -80%
15%
40%-60%
8%
20%-40%
12%
<10%
32%

Total votes: 59

team22tank

Post by team22tank »

nahc wrote:Team22, so the consolation championship and 3rd place finishing teams were just chump teams? What bus did you just fall off of?
Lakeville South finished 3rd. I was referring to the Lakeville Panthers/North and I acknowledge their very successful years the last two.

Just like South had a very good team a few years back.

Are we really pretending that section 1AA hasn't been very horrible since about 2000 roughly speaking?
team22tank

Post by team22tank »

WestMetro wrote:I wonder if I can help get this thread back on positive direction by trying to reiterate some of the history than may be unfolding at the X if , as expected, the Panthers face Edina in the championship game:

1) First contestant going for undefeated season since 1993 Jags

2) Vs First contestant going for three peat since 1994 Jags

3) Someone double check me on this but I think: First undefeated contestant going against a one loss contestant in championship game since the Edina East vs Bemidji championship game in 1974. Ironically, the Jacks could be back at the X to witness the event!
Also to add to your #2, Jeffeson won in 89' giving them 4 in 6 years. Edina would also match that winning it this year as the won it all in 2010.

I am a bit bias but I have to give the tie breaker to the Jags, only three losses over the 3-peat seasons, that still blows my mind!
nahc

Post by nahc »

The march continues. Will be 8 teams left after tonight. Good luck to all (but not too much luck when playing the Panthers!!)!!
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

SATS convinced me about the Panther march in early January, after they ran the very difficult gauntlet in December.

Absent a miraculous upset along the way, should be a great final March 7 game against Edina. For the reasons mentioned in my February 7 post on this thread, I give the Panthers a slight edge. But the Edina machine win over Burnsville the other night took a bit more off the word "slight"

92,93,94 Jags better dust off their jerseys and Blades of Glory book, and look at them one more time before either :

o Their 93 undefeated championship season is matched
o Their three-peat is matched
nahc

Post by nahc »

Since Sats81 has been so silent, guess its up to me to keep this thread going!!! Two wins away........ two very tough teams starting with EP tonight......
nahc

Post by nahc »

History made tonight!!! LOVE Duluth East.......
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Congrats to all the boys and entire staff for doing something extremely rare and something that won't likely be seen again for a very long time. Great work!
Just Checking

Post by Just Checking »

Sats81 wrote:Congrats to all the boys and entire staff for doing something extremely rare and something that won't likely be seen again for a very long time. Great work!
Yes indeed. Congrats. The Team was very impressive in every aspect of the game.
Good luck to all of the boys who move on, and those that stay as well.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Bump.

Has to be in top 5 teams of the modern era
observer

Post by observer »

I honestly believe with the year round training all players do now a days current teams would wax former teams. Hockey, more than any other sport, has totally transformed. Players are better every year.
DrGaf

Post by DrGaf »

observer wrote:I honestly believe with the year round training all players do now a days current teams would wax former teams. Hockey, more than any other sport, has totally transformed. Players are better every year.
100% agree here ...if you could ACTUALLY put the same teams on the ice, it's turns into more and more of a no-contest as the years progress.

I believe you can only compare their record against history. The domination they enjoyed at those times.

The kids are BIGGER, FASTER, STRONGER than ever before, this is true in every sport.
Sorry, fresh out, Don't Really Give Any.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

observer wrote:I honestly believe with the year round training all players do now a days current teams would wax former teams. Hockey, more than any other sport, has totally transformed. Players are better every year.
Agreed. If you watch some of the old state tourney videos (Mid 80's for example) there were very few players who even skated well and the puck skills kids have now is simply off the charts.
gitter

Post by gitter »

While I tend to agree with this, I think the 90's teams are considered 'new era' and wouldn't be waxed. The 93 Jefferson team was playing against the likes of Jamie Langenbrunner, who just retired from the NHL 2 years ago, Matt Cullen, who is STILL playing in the NHL, etc. If these guys were such dinosaurs they would have been out of the NHL years and years ago. Don't forget, the NHL is also bigger and faster than ever before too.