Edina Holiday Classic

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who "wins" the EHC?

Elks
16%
Eagles
3%
Indians
22%
Hornets
59%

Total votes: 37

grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 »

Elk River wins a good back and forth game 5-4.

Jaremko is a very nice player.
sterfry9

Post by sterfry9 »

EP scores an ENG to tie it up at 3. going to OT
Bonin2121

Post by Bonin2121 »

I'm guessing it wasn't an ENG...
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

Edina wins in OT 4-3.
sterfry9

Post by sterfry9 »

Bonin2121 wrote:I'm guessing it wasn't an ENG...
i ment EP tied it up with an extra attacker. looks like malmquist got credited with the GWG. crashed the next couldnt see the goal very well from the stream
Bayside Tigers

Post by Bayside Tigers »

High flying, entertaining 3 days of hockey at Braemar. Fantastic arena to watch hockey, in the first place.

I hope you all were putting big $ on the overs. Waves of goals from beginning to end. An average of 9 goals exactly per game between all 3 days. I'd like to see a calculation of all combined goalie stats. How many 3rd period (and overtime) goals did Edina score? Seemed like a ton. They only get better as the game goes on after wearing opponents down. It's a battle to keep up with the champions for 51 full minutes. Edina & EP both had great goal tending tonight in their head to head matchup. Still 7 goals scored. Couldn't compute ER pulling their goalie against Grand Rapids. But hey, it worked. Weird that sometimes that seems like a mental change of pace that will get a team going. It's my opinion that Ben Meyers is their best option in net. Not sure if the coaches agree. He seems much more composed when under pressure. Jaremko & Malmquist, both fantastic hockey players. They make any game they're playing in exciting to watch. One last note, was it just me, or were about 40% of the whistles due to the nets being kicked off? Seemed like almost every play they had to put the net back on. I know the pegs are designed different in high school than in college & the pros so they come off easier as to prevent injury, but do the kids use this to their advantage to kick it off sliding too hard into it when under pressure? Do goal pegs differ in design between different arenas? I don't recall this being so rampant in years previous. Discuss.
hshockeyfan8

Post by hshockeyfan8 »

Bayside Tigers wrote:High flying, entertaining 3 days of hockey at Braemar. Fantastic arena to watch hockey, in the first place.

I hope you all were putting big $ on the overs. Waves of goals from beginning to end. An average of 9 goals exactly per game between all 3 days. I'd like to see a calculation of all combined goalie stats. How many 3rd period (and overtime) goals did Edina score? Seemed like a ton. They only get better as the game goes on after wearing opponents down. It's a battle to keep up with the champions for 51 full minutes. Edina & EP both had great goal tending tonight in their head to head matchup. Still 7 goals scored. Couldn't compute ER pulling their goalie against Grand Rapids. But hey, it worked. Weird that sometimes that seems like a mental change of pace that will get a team going. It's my opinion that Ben Meyers is their best option in net. Not sure if the coaches agree. He seems much more composed when under pressure. Jaremko & Malmquist, both fantastic hockey players. They make any game they're playing in exciting to watch. One last note, was it just me, or were about 40% of the whistles due to the nets being kicked off? Seemed like almost every play they had to put the net back on. I know the pegs are designed different in high school than in college & the pros so they come off easier as to prevent injury, but do the kids use this to their advantage to kick it off sliding too hard into it when under pressure? Do goal pegs differ in design between different arenas? I don't recall this being so rampant in years previous. Discuss.
I don't know about saying people can't keep up with Edina in the 3rd. Eden Prairie scored 3 goals in the 3rd, even the last 10 minutes. Made for one of the best high school hockey games I've seen in a while.
NLHockey

Post by NLHockey »

Bayside Tigers wrote:High flying, entertaining 3 days of hockey at Braemar. Fantastic arena to watch hockey, in the first place.

:roll: refs were blowing whistle even when they THOUGHT the net might be off. For crying out loud, goalies have enough to worry about let alone figuring out how the knock the net off purposefully. When you have big guys sliding post to post in this butterfly pad slide age, posts r coming off. Agreed, great weekend of hockey. Dont agree on this net post dislodgement conspiracy BS.
boblee

Post by boblee »

Recaps from the GR side:

Offensive outburst leads Edina to 8-3 win over GR

http://grhshockey.com/teams/default.asp ... wsID=34198

Late period goal sparks offensive surge from Eagles

http://grhshockey.com/teams/default.asp ... wsID=34206

Elk River wins back and forth battle over Grand Rapids

http://grhshockey.com/teams/default.asp ... wsID=34212