Edina at Lakeville North 12/4/14

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

Edina
29
69%
Lakeville North
13
31%
 
Total votes: 42

nahc
Posts: 578
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:10 pm

Edina at Lakeville North 12/4/14

Post by nahc » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:03 pm

Thursday's tussle between Edina and Lakeville North should tell just how good the Panthers are this year....... Edina is still the team to beat and has played a few more games up to this point.

Sats81
Posts: 2732
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:29 am

Post by Sats81 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:12 pm

nahc wrote:Thursday's tussle between Edina and Lakeville North should tell just how good the Panthers are this year....... Edina is still the team to beat and has played a few more games up to this point.
LN better bring their A game and can't give up double digit breakaways like last week in Farmington game....ill go with Edina 6-3.

SidneysDogHouse
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:22 am

Post by SidneysDogHouse » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:13 pm

nahc wrote:Thursday's tussle between Edina and Lakeville North should tell just how good the Panthers are this year....... Edina is still the team to beat and has played a few more games up to this point.
Anyone going better go early. Hearing of limited ticket sales already.

notTONIGHT
Posts: 1027
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:05 pm

Post by notTONIGHT » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:28 pm

SidneysDogHouse wrote:
nahc wrote:Thursday's tussle between Edina and Lakeville North should tell just how good the Panthers are this year....... Edina is still the team to beat and has played a few more games up to this point.
Anyone going better go early. Hearing of limited ticket sales already.
Will it be streamed?

Just Checking
Posts: 179
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:12 pm

Post by Just Checking » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:47 pm

I predict a 3 to 3 tie with Edina having 10 more shots.

But I would be doubling down on CDH tonight. The spread would no doubt be 3-4 goals. #1 vs #15-20? At Breamar, CDH just lost to an #5 ish A team, good A team but still an A team.

I call the The Raiders to cover. May not win but will keep it close.

Tenoverpar
Posts: 514
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:40 pm

f

Post by Tenoverpar » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:52 pm

If Mahtomedi puts up 7 on CDH..Edina puts up 10...

10-5 Edina..CDH can score it seems

Edina 5-3 over North, all 5 goals on the Power Play, all on penalties that resulted from stupid decisions after the whistle...by the same 2 kids

SidneysDogHouse
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:22 am

Re: f

Post by SidneysDogHouse » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:32 pm

Tenoverpar wrote:If Mahtomedi puts up 7 on CDH..Edina puts up 10...

10-5 Edina..CDH can score it seems

Edina 5-3 over North, all 5 goals on the Power Play, all on penalties that resulted from stupid decisions after the whistle...by the same 2 kids
It will be interesting to see how the refs handle this game. It's in Lakeville which isn't usually good for the opposition. However, I don't see Edina ever having an issue in this one. Crowd/fans will crazy though!!!

Juggernaut
Posts: 81
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:56 am

Post by Juggernaut » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:51 pm

With a lot of home cooking in Lakeville, this game will be closer than most think. 5-4 Edina wins it.

badgermom78
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:40 am

Post by badgermom78 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:54 pm

Lakeville Nth - 1
Edina - 18

Sats81
Posts: 2732
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:29 am

Post by Sats81 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:44 pm

badgermom78 wrote:Lakeville Nth - 1
Edina - 18
BADgerDAD ! Nice to see you came out of hibernation now that the BADgers managed to get a W before the new year!

Sats81
Posts: 2732
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:29 am

Post by Sats81 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:46 pm

Juggernaut wrote:With a lot of home cooking in Lakeville, this game will be closer than most think. 5-4 Edina wins it.

How many games have you actually been to at Ames with LN playing where the refereeing has made a big impact on the outcome of the game?

Refs will let them play thursday. Edina still the better team, bottom line. LN has lots to sort out before they get rolling here

Nuts&Bolts
Posts: 679
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:12 pm

Post by Nuts&Bolts » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:29 pm

Not sure how you get 1 penalty minute. Unless your saying total penalties per team. No way does LN get out with only 1 but 18 for Edina might be close. :lol:

karl(east)
Posts: 6358
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:03 pm
Contact:

Post by karl(east) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:37 pm

I split this off from the AA rankings since I think this game deserves its own thread.

green4
Posts: 1479
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:02 am
Location: Edina

Post by green4 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:20 pm

karl(east) wrote:I split this off from the AA rankings since I think this game deserves its own thread.
Is it possible to add a poll feature for this game?

Just Checking
Posts: 179
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:12 pm

Post by Just Checking » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:29 pm

Just Checking wrote:I predict a 3 to 3 tie with Edina having 10 more shots.

But I would be doubling down on CDH tonight. The spread would no doubt be 3-4 goals. #1 vs #15-20? At Breamar, CDH just lost to an #5 ish A team, good A team but still an A team.

I call the The Raiders to cover. May not win but will keep it close.
I will call myself out. Terrible call, 7-2 does not cover. Need some more chips. :oops:

nahc
Posts: 578
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:10 pm

Post by nahc » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:52 am

Edina wins 8-3 due to penalties and the North D not really being that strong.........

observer
Posts: 2225
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:45 pm

Post by observer » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:23 am

Can't beat Edina shorthanded.

If I'm the Lakeville coach I tell my players they'll sit if penalized. I don't care if it's any of the three types of penalties. Accidental, stupid or not worth the risk. Only way for LVN to win is for Edina to take more penalties. Zero penalties for LVN has to be their goal.

MNHockeyFan
Posts: 7059
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:28 pm

Post by MNHockeyFan » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:07 am

observer wrote:Accidental, stupid or not worth the risk.
But from the player's perspective, why risk having to sit out by playing aggressive? Better to be passive and avoid physical contact altogether, and get to play the whole game? :roll: It is always wise to avoid taking penalties whenever possible, and I can completely understand the coach sitting a player for taking a penalty that's unnecessary and completely avoidable, given the circumstances. But the proper balance needs to be struck, because if you're going to be successful against a talented team like Edina you'll need your players to compete hard all over the ice.

observer
Posts: 2225
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:45 pm

Post by observer » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:56 am

Hear ya. And I understand the not worth the risk is the grey area. Know the ref and remember he can call whatever he wants.

I'll stick by my comment. Can't beat Edina shorthanded. We'll see how LVN handles it.

nahc
Posts: 578
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:10 pm

Post by nahc » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:42 pm

North had better be at the top of their game and carry the play all over the ice. Edina will be bringing it and know they will be very prepared to take on the currently ranked #2 team in the State...... And as being ranked #! in the State, am sure Edina relishes the idea of coming into a nasty environement to play the game!!!

Wblhcky2424
Posts: 291
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:53 am

Post by Wblhcky2424 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:33 pm

No pre sale tickets and they're only letting 800 people in but it will be streamed per the North AD on Twitter https://twitter.com/lnhspanthersad/stat ... 7756483585

OneMoreYear
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:40 pm

Post by OneMoreYear » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:52 pm

Edquist bounces back, holds Hornets to 2 goals - 3-2 Panthers

Sats81
Posts: 2732
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:29 am

Post by Sats81 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:58 pm

nahc wrote:North had better be at the top of their game and carry the play all over the ice. Edina will be bringing it and know they will be very prepared to take on the currently ranked #2 team in the State...... And as being ranked #! in the State, am sure Edina relishes the idea of coming into a nasty environement to play the game!!!
Woody-

You gonna be at the game?

green4
Posts: 1479
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:02 am
Location: Edina

Post by green4 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:47 pm

observer wrote:Can't beat Edina shorthanded.

If I'm the Lakeville coach I tell my players they'll sit if penalized. I don't care if it's any of the three types of penalties. Accidental, stupid or not worth the risk. Only way for LVN to win is for Edina to take more penalties. Zero penalties for LVN has to be their goal.
Edina's PP is 2 for 14 right now. It has been one of their few soft spots so far

Defensive Zone
Posts: 234
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:37 am

Post by Defensive Zone » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:35 am

observer wrote:Can't beat Edina shorthanded.

If I'm the Lakeville coach I tell my players they'll sit if penalized. I don't care if it's any of the three types of penalties. Accidental, stupid or not worth the risk. Only way for LVN to win is for Edina to take more penalties. Zero penalties for LVN has to be their goal.
Agree.

Locked