Edina at Lakeville North 12/4/14

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

Edina
69%
Lakeville North
31%

Total votes: 42

nahc

Edina at Lakeville North 12/4/14

Post by nahc »

Thursday's tussle between Edina and Lakeville North should tell just how good the Panthers are this year....... Edina is still the team to beat and has played a few more games up to this point.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

nahc wrote:Thursday's tussle between Edina and Lakeville North should tell just how good the Panthers are this year....... Edina is still the team to beat and has played a few more games up to this point.
LN better bring their A game and can't give up double digit breakaways like last week in Farmington game....ill go with Edina 6-3.
SidneysDogHouse

Post by SidneysDogHouse »

nahc wrote:Thursday's tussle between Edina and Lakeville North should tell just how good the Panthers are this year....... Edina is still the team to beat and has played a few more games up to this point.
Anyone going better go early. Hearing of limited ticket sales already.
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

SidneysDogHouse wrote:
Anyone going better go early. Hearing of limited ticket sales already.
Will it be streamed?
Just Checking

Post by Just Checking »

I predict a 3 to 3 tie with Edina having 10 more shots.

But I would be doubling down on CDH tonight. The spread would no doubt be 3-4 goals. #1 vs #15-20? At Breamar, CDH just lost to an #5 ish A team, good A team but still an A team.

I call the The Raiders to cover. May not win but will keep it close.
Tenoverpar

f

Post by Tenoverpar »

If Mahtomedi puts up 7 on CDH..Edina puts up 10...

10-5 Edina..CDH can score it seems

Edina 5-3 over North, all 5 goals on the Power Play, all on penalties that resulted from stupid decisions after the whistle...by the same 2 kids
SidneysDogHouse

Re: f

Post by SidneysDogHouse »

Tenoverpar wrote:If Mahtomedi puts up 7 on CDH..Edina puts up 10...

10-5 Edina..CDH can score it seems

Edina 5-3 over North, all 5 goals on the Power Play, all on penalties that resulted from stupid decisions after the whistle...by the same 2 kids
It will be interesting to see how the refs handle this game. It's in Lakeville which isn't usually good for the opposition. However, I don't see Edina ever having an issue in this one. Crowd/fans will crazy though!!!
Juggernaut

Post by Juggernaut »

With a lot of home cooking in Lakeville, this game will be closer than most think. 5-4 Edina wins it.
badgermom78

Post by badgermom78 »

Lakeville Nth - 1
Edina - 18
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

badgermom78 wrote:Lakeville Nth - 1
Edina - 18
BADgerDAD ! Nice to see you came out of hibernation now that the BADgers managed to get a W before the new year!
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Juggernaut wrote:With a lot of home cooking in Lakeville, this game will be closer than most think. 5-4 Edina wins it.

How many games have you actually been to at Ames with LN playing where the refereeing has made a big impact on the outcome of the game?

Refs will let them play thursday. Edina still the better team, bottom line. LN has lots to sort out before they get rolling here
Nuts&Bolts

Post by Nuts&Bolts »

Not sure how you get 1 penalty minute. Unless your saying total penalties per team. No way does LN get out with only 1 but 18 for Edina might be close. :lol:
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

I split this off from the AA rankings since I think this game deserves its own thread.
green4

Post by green4 »

karl(east) wrote:I split this off from the AA rankings since I think this game deserves its own thread.
Is it possible to add a poll feature for this game?
Just Checking

Post by Just Checking »

Just Checking wrote:I predict a 3 to 3 tie with Edina having 10 more shots.

But I would be doubling down on CDH tonight. The spread would no doubt be 3-4 goals. #1 vs #15-20? At Breamar, CDH just lost to an #5 ish A team, good A team but still an A team.

I call the The Raiders to cover. May not win but will keep it close.
I will call myself out. Terrible call, 7-2 does not cover. Need some more chips. :oops:
nahc

Post by nahc »

Edina wins 8-3 due to penalties and the North D not really being that strong.........
observer

Post by observer »

Can't beat Edina shorthanded.

If I'm the Lakeville coach I tell my players they'll sit if penalized. I don't care if it's any of the three types of penalties. Accidental, stupid or not worth the risk. Only way for LVN to win is for Edina to take more penalties. Zero penalties for LVN has to be their goal.
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

observer wrote:Accidental, stupid or not worth the risk.
But from the player's perspective, why risk having to sit out by playing aggressive? Better to be passive and avoid physical contact altogether, and get to play the whole game? :roll: It is always wise to avoid taking penalties whenever possible, and I can completely understand the coach sitting a player for taking a penalty that's unnecessary and completely avoidable, given the circumstances. But the proper balance needs to be struck, because if you're going to be successful against a talented team like Edina you'll need your players to compete hard all over the ice.
observer

Post by observer »

Hear ya. And I understand the not worth the risk is the grey area. Know the ref and remember he can call whatever he wants.

I'll stick by my comment. Can't beat Edina shorthanded. We'll see how LVN handles it.
nahc

Post by nahc »

North had better be at the top of their game and carry the play all over the ice. Edina will be bringing it and know they will be very prepared to take on the currently ranked #2 team in the State...... And as being ranked #! in the State, am sure Edina relishes the idea of coming into a nasty environement to play the game!!!
Wblhcky2424

Post by Wblhcky2424 »

No pre sale tickets and they're only letting 800 people in but it will be streamed per the North AD on Twitter https://twitter.com/lnhspanthersad/stat ... 7756483585
OneMoreYear

Post by OneMoreYear »

Edquist bounces back, holds Hornets to 2 goals - 3-2 Panthers
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

nahc wrote:North had better be at the top of their game and carry the play all over the ice. Edina will be bringing it and know they will be very prepared to take on the currently ranked #2 team in the State...... And as being ranked #! in the State, am sure Edina relishes the idea of coming into a nasty environement to play the game!!!
Woody-

You gonna be at the game?
green4

Post by green4 »

observer wrote:Can't beat Edina shorthanded.

If I'm the Lakeville coach I tell my players they'll sit if penalized. I don't care if it's any of the three types of penalties. Accidental, stupid or not worth the risk. Only way for LVN to win is for Edina to take more penalties. Zero penalties for LVN has to be their goal.
Edina's PP is 2 for 14 right now. It has been one of their few soft spots so far
Defensive Zone

Post by Defensive Zone »

observer wrote:Can't beat Edina shorthanded.

Agree.