Section 3A 2014 - 2015

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

I truly wish the best for hutch. Great season and great effort. Good luck to the seniors and bring it back next year!
Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 »

Anybody smell a little bald eagle?
MrGoalieBoy

Post by MrGoalieBoy »

Really though, where is Scout? Didn't even get any predictions from him today!
Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 »

Didnt realize BUCK was in the house!!http://youtu.be/UGYE77y4qY4
Section 3A HockeyScout

Post by Section 3A HockeyScout »

Well we are down to just two now.

#1 Luverne over #4 Marshall 9 to 2

Luverne took care of Marshall in the first game yesterday. Sloppy game all around. Was a boring game at times and Marshall just does not have the talent they use to have and that was glaring in this one. I think the Tigers got past the red line maybe 3 to 4 times in the ENTIRE third period. Tough game to watch at times.

Not sure how Marshall beat LDC :shock: :shock:

InigoMontoya to your claim that your Dragons would of won the Big South Conference this year. NO they would not have they couldn't even beat Marshall in either game they played this year. The Dragons will be very tough next year bring back their entire team so hopefully the loss will motivate your boys over the summer.

The drop off after the top 3 teams in this section was really dramatic this year. Still not sure why Hutchinson with an undefeated Section 3A Record was given a 2 seed

#3 New Ulm over #2 Hutchinson 6-5 OT

I will say the second game is a tough pill to swallow as this year's Hutchinson club I thought they deserved a better fate. It was a classic battle to watch. Looked like a Section Final. New Ulm found a way to win with the help of the officials who refused to let Hutchinson play a physical game. Not only that but they seemed to have target against Hutch's best defenseman #11 Keegan Macemon calling him for 3 penalties all resulting in power play goals for New Ulm. Congrats to New Ulm though they brought their "A" game and won a dramatic overtime affair.

I still think Hutchinson had top end talent this year. The penalties really hurt the Tigers and also Hutch was without the services of one of their top junior forwards #7 Kendall Glaser in the third period who hurt his hip again and was forced to leave the game. Having Glaser out forced hutch into playing only really two lines and still they found a way to tie it but they just could not find a way to finish it. Another disappointing end for the Tigers. Their is still hope as they got a great goaltending performance from a promising freshman and they will bring back a great senior group next year that went to State as A Bantams.

Good Luck to Luverne and New Ulm in the finals these programs will meet in the Section Final for the third time in four years. New Ulm is playing well right now and getting really good goaltending. Should be a Classic on Wednesday Night!
pats12

Post by pats12 »

Which Luverne team will show up on Wednesday? New Ulm will show up to play, they have been very consistent. Who will take 10 steps forward in this one?
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

I think Yesterday was a tribute to the kind of game Redwood played against Luverne on Thursday. More so, the game the redwood goaltender played. You can bank on Lord getting his tendy ready to knock the net off, that would have really helped Marshall out during the periods of intense pressure that Trout mentioned. Marshall would get caught out there for multiple Luverne shift changes throughout the second and first periods. The penalties against Luverne in the first period truly neutralized the possesion advantage.

Wednesday IMO will come down to goalies. If the goalies play even Luverne will will, if New Ulm has a red hot goalie Like Redwood they may pull the upset again for the second time this year. Expect a Luverne team that won't take anything for granted. If New Ulm wins it will be because they earned it. When these two teams played for the first time this season last month it was a blowout. An absolute, run time, no questions left unanswered blowout. I think we may see something like that again. The second time they played in New Ulm, Luverne played as bad as they have in years.

Who's going to be there? Should be a great atmosphere.
gopherfan7

Post by gopherfan7 »

notTONIGHT wrote:I think Yesterday was a tribute to the kind of game Redwood played against Luverne on Thursday. More so, the game the redwood goaltender played. You can bank on Lord getting his tendy ready to knock the net off, that would have really helped Marshall out during the periods of intense pressure that Trout mentioned. Marshall would get caught out there for multiple Luverne shift changes throughout the second and first periods. The penalties against Luverne in the first period truly neutralized the possesion advantage.

Wednesday IMO will come down to goalies. If the goalies play even Luverne will will, if New Ulm has a red hot goalie Like Redwood they may pull the upset again for the second time this year. Expect a Luverne team that won't take anything for granted. If New Ulm wins it will be because they earned it. When these two teams played for the first time this season last month it was a blowout. An absolute, run time, no questions left unanswered blowout. I think we may see something like that again. The second time they played in New Ulm, Luverne played as bad as they have in years.

How about you give a team some credit when credit is due? Luverne got outplayed by New Ulm in New Ulm, no question. Outshot by 11, yeah you'll use the excuse that New Ulm had 5 PPs to Luverne's 2 and that's why they got out-shot, but if you look at the type of penalties Luverne took. 2 interference penalties. You take interference penalties when you're getting beat to loose pucks, which Luverne was in that game. Oh, and New Ulm only scored 1 PP goal. So find all the excuses you can/want, but New Ulm outplayed Luverne in New Ulm.
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

gopherfan7 wrote:
notTONIGHT wrote:I think Yesterday was a tribute to the kind of game Redwood played against Luverne on Thursday. More so, the game the redwood goaltender played. You can bank on Lord getting his tendy ready to knock the net off, that would have really helped Marshall out during the periods of intense pressure that Trout mentioned. Marshall would get caught out there for multiple Luverne shift changes throughout the second and first periods. The penalties against Luverne in the first period truly neutralized the possesion advantage.

How about you give a team some credit when credit is due? Luverne got outplayed by New Ulm in New Ulm, no question. Outshot by 11, yeah you'll use the excuse that New Ulm had 5 PPs to Luverne's 2 and that's why they got out-shot, but if you look at the type of penalties Luverne took. 2 interference penalties. You take interference penalties when you're getting beat to loose pucks, which Luverne was in that game. Oh, and New Ulm only scored 1 PP goal. So find all the excuses you can/want, but New Ulm outplayed Luverne in New Ulm.
Yes, Luverne got outplayed by New Ulm in New Ulm. The eagles clearly wanted that game more than the Cards. Out worked and outplayed = going home on Wednesday.

With that said, it wasnt nearly as ugly as the way Luverne throttled New Ulm in Luverne.
fastncrash

Post by fastncrash »

Section 3A HockeyScout wrote:Well we are down to just two now.

#1 Luverne over #4 Marshall 9 to 2

Luverne took care of Marshall in the first game yesterday. Sloppy game all around. Was a boring game at times and Marshall just does not have the talent they use to have and that was glaring in this one. I think the Tigers got past the red line maybe 3 to 4 times in the ENTIRE third period. Tough game to watch at times.

Not sure how Marshall beat LDC :shock: :shock:

InigoMontoya to your claim that your Dragons would of won the Big South Conference this year. NO they would not have they couldn't even beat Marshall in either game they played this year. The Dragons will be very tough next year bring back their entire team so hopefully the loss will motivate your boys over the summer.

The drop off after the top 3 teams in this section was really dramatic this year. Still not sure why Hutchinson with an undefeated Section 3A Record was given a 2 seed

#3 New Ulm over #2 Hutchinson 6-5 OT

I will say the second game is a tough pill to swallow as this year's Hutchinson club I thought they deserved a better fate. It was a classic battle to watch. Looked like a Section Final. New Ulm found a way to win with the help of the officials who refused to let Hutchinson play a physical game. Not only that but they seemed to have target against Hutch's best defenseman #11 Keegan Macemon calling him for 3 penalties all resulting in power play goals for New Ulm. Congrats to New Ulm though they brought their "A" game and won a dramatic overtime affair.

I still think Hutchinson had top end talent this year. The penalties really hurt the Tigers and also Hutch was without the services of one of their top junior forwards #7 Kendall Glaser in the third period who hurt his hip again and was forced to leave the game. Having Glaser out forced hutch into playing only really two lines and still they found a way to tie it but they just could not find a way to finish it. Another disappointing end for the Tigers. Their is still hope as they got a great goaltending performance from a promising freshman and they will bring back a great senior group next year that went to State as A Bantams.

Good Luck to Luverne and New Ulm in the finals these programs will meet in the Section Final for the third time in four years. New Ulm is playing well right now and getting really good goaltending. Should be a Classic on Wednesday Night!

This comment drives me nuts... what the HECK does "Deserved" have to do with ANYTHING is Sports? Either show up to play or get what you get! NOBODY deserves anything in a game of Sport. Just ONE more example of why you get so many PotShots at your ludicrous comments.
CherryPicker99

Post by CherryPicker99 »

Well Saturday showed what most of us already knew, New Ulm and Luverne are the best teams in the section this year. Luverne totally dominated Marshall in game one. Periord one was interesting with Luverne taking 3 penalties to keep things close. At the end of the first Luverne had outshot Marshall 11-10. After that Marshall had no chance. Luverne definitely had more talent. The Cardinals allowed three shots in the second and 0 in the third.

The second game was very entertaining but New Ulm in my opinion was a much better team. Hutch seems to rely on their size and playing physical. New Ulm was to fast for the slow skating Tigers. The Hutch defenseman kept getting beat by a outlet pass right up the middle of the ice sending a New Ulm player in on a break away. Also the Tigers forgot to cover the weak side post allowing New Ulm to score 2 or 3 very easy rebound goals one eventually being the game winner in OT. I think everyone Luverne fan was hoping for Hutch to win. The speed of the Luverne forwards would have been to much for slow Hutch defense. After watching Hutch for the first time this year, the only thing they deserved was a 3 seed or lower.

Wednesday will be a great game. This could go either way. New Ulm seems to be playing good hockey right now and Luverne seems to have righted the ship. Will "Lord" get his revenge of last years finals or will the "bad boys" of section 3A go to the X again? See you all on Wednesday night!
12thgraders

Post by 12thgraders »

Bad boys? Really? If they played in any other section, except maybe 5, they would be home for the playoffs by now. Keep pumping sunshine.
CherryPicker99

Post by CherryPicker99 »

12thgraders wrote:Bad boys? Really? If they played in any other section, except maybe 5, they would be home for the playoffs by now. Keep pumping sunshine.
Someone on this thread labeled them "bad boys" awhile back. I believe it has something to do with all the chest thumping a couple boys from Luverne do on this thread. That is all.
DrGaf

Post by DrGaf »

CherryPicker99 wrote:
12thgraders wrote:Bad boys? Really? If they played in any other section, except maybe 5, they would be home for the playoffs by now. Keep pumping sunshine.
Someone on this thread labeled them "bad boys" awhile back. I believe it has something to do with all the chest thumping a couple boys from Luverne do on this thread. That is all.
I think the confusion is coming from you having it misspelled ... a.n.n.o.y.i.n.g. or perhaps e.n.t.i.t.l.e.d. is what you meant.
Sorry, fresh out, Don't Really Give Any.
CherryPicker99

Post by CherryPicker99 »

DrGaf wrote:
CherryPicker99 wrote:
I think the confusion is coming from you having it misspelled ... a.n.n.o.y.i.n.g. or perhaps e.n.t.i.t.l.e.d. is what you meant.

:D
rollCARDSroll

Post by rollCARDSroll »

DrGaf wrote:
CherryPicker99 wrote:

Just like how you spelled your Screen Name wrong Dr. D.A.f.
Figure that one out.....
fastncrash

Post by fastncrash »

rollCARDSroll wrote:
DrGaf wrote:
CherryPicker99 wrote: Someone on this thread labeled them "bad boys" awhile back. I believe it has something to do with all the chest thumping a couple boys from Luverne do on this thread. That is all.

Figure that one out.....
People, people... can we keep the eye on the ball here and just get back to Hacking on Section 3A Spaghetti Trout? Geeez. :lol:
DrGaf

Post by DrGaf »

rollCARDSroll wrote:
DrGaf wrote:
CherryPicker99 wrote: Someone on this thread labeled them "bad boys" awhile back. I believe it has something to do with all the chest thumping a couple boys from Luverne do on this thread. That is all.

Figure that one out.....
That's deep man ... glad I mean so much to you.
Sorry, fresh out, Don't Really Give Any.
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

DrGaf wrote:
rollCARDSroll wrote:
DrGaf wrote: I think the confusion is coming from you having it misspelled ... a.n.n.o.y.i.n.g. or perhaps e.n.t.i.t.l.e.d. is what you meant.

Figure that one out.....
Thats great, personally, I think its great Luverne means so much to you doc....
Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 »

notTONIGHT wrote:
DrGaf wrote:
rollCARDSroll wrote:
Figure that one out.....
Thats great, personally, I think its great Luverne means so much to you doc....
Glad somebody finally got the correct spelling of something on here....
CherryPicker99

Post by CherryPicker99 »

This is going to be a great rivalry game! This is the 3rd time in 4 years these two have met in the section final with New Ulm holding the advantage 2-1 and the second time this year in which the teams each won on home ice. New Ulm will need to shut down the Nelson/Smedsrud/Verhey line to win this game like they did in New Ulm. If that line gets loose like they did in the Luverne game, it could be ugly again. New Ulm is upper class heavy while Luverne is still young. It will be an interesting match up once again. Can't wait for tomorrow!
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

Last year's final in the (way too small) Mankato facility turned out be one of the coolest atmospheres for high school sports I've ever been to. I doubt this year can hold up to that, but we can hope right?
fastncrash

Post by fastncrash »

Is this the Radio Stream that's available?

02.25.2015 HS Boys Hockey: Section 3A Final - #3 New Ulm vs. #1 Luverne - AUDIO (SAM 107.3 KNUJ-FM)

Anyone Streaming Video?
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

Or this one for the Luverne Feed.

Love the Cards or hate them, these guys do a great job!

http://v6.player.abacast.net/2664
CherryPicker99

Post by CherryPicker99 »

fastncrash wrote:Is this the Radio Stream that's available?

02.25.2015 HS Boys Hockey: Section 3A Final - #3 New Ulm vs. #1 Luverne - AUDIO (SAM 107.3 KNUJ-FM)

Anyone Streaming Video?
You may be able to stream the game at ustream.com. Many of the Luverne games have been available here this season.