Goalies 2014-2015

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

BP

Post by BP »

Deep Breath wrote:
SidneysDogHouse wrote:
OneMoreYear wrote: Yes, but it will be Long's net to lose. And Wendlandt will be watching from the bench quickly when Lechs sees what he has in Begley.
Both young goalies that came in, left.
Long and Bischel will be the BSM goalies this year, just as it was last year.

Where did the other 2 goalies go?
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

SuperStar:

Agree with your individual talent additions, but don't see those as Top 10 teams right now.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

WestMetro wrote:SuperStar:

Agree with your individual talent additions, but don't see those as Top 10 teams right now.

Yea, I just re-read that and I noticed that I read it wrong... :) The "TOP TEAMs goalies". Gotcha, Thanks.
PuckDaddy

Post by PuckDaddy »

SuperStar wrote:
WestMetro wrote:SuperStar:

Yea, I just re-read that and I noticed that I read it wrong... :) The "TOP TEAMs goalies". Gotcha, Thanks.
All very interesting perspectives. How about for those teams just outside the top ten bubble that could upset things....EP, Prior Lake - guess you have HF and East in there. Who else can upset things with a hot tender?
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

PuckDaddy

Ive got EP out of my top 10 this preseason, graduated too much talent.

BP has Eden Prairie in his top 10, so he is more optimistic about them reloading than me. We both agree Michael Graham is huge talent, and that this could be the last year we see him there with the Eagles
CreaseMonkey

Post by CreaseMonkey »

SuperStar wrote:Keep your eye on Zach Fritz from St. Cloud. The kid does a excellent job. He is Playing for the U18 Blades this fall.
Fritz is a good, but I thought this thread was about AA goalies.
SidneysDogHouse

Post by SidneysDogHouse »

BP wrote:
Deep Breath wrote:
SidneysDogHouse wrote: Both young goalies that came in, left.
Long and Bischel will be the BSM goalies this year, just as it was last year.

SMA goalie left for AAA, Stauber to Holy Family...
PuckDaddy

BSM Goalies

Post by PuckDaddy »

So did Seitz stay at BSM or where did he end up?
BP

Post by BP »

SidneysDogHouse wrote:
BP wrote:
Deep Breath wrote: Long and Bischel will be the BSM goalies this year, just as it was last year.

SMA goalie left for AAA, Stauber to Holy Family...

Lots of goalies heading to HF, with the Bemidji kid, Stauber, and the good A Bantam goalie from New Prague.
SidneysDogHouse

Re: BSM Goalies

PuckDaddy wrote:So did Seitz stay at BSM or where did he end up?
He's still there...
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Regarding Eden Prairie, last year Durocher and Thompson roughly split the JV minutes, and each was above 90% SV % and 2.0 GAA against the tough Lake Conference and non conference EP schedule.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Dittmer, Lubbesmeyer, and Heifort leading the pack in mid season Elite Goalie stats
C-dad

Post by C-dad »

SidneysDogHouse wrote:
He's still there...
Gone now, rumored to Prior Lake.
SidneysDogHouse

C-dad wrote:
SidneysDogHouse wrote:
He's still there...
Gone now, rumored to Prior Lake.

Heard the same...
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

So BSM is sticking with Long and Bischell?
Bluewhitefan

Post by Bluewhitefan »

WestMetro wrote:So BSM is sticking with Long and Bischell?
Coach told Seitz he'd be playing JV, so he bolted to PL.
ThePuckStopsHere

Post by ThePuckStopsHere »

Bluewhitefan wrote:
Scratching my Head??

Sietz plays youth in Maple Grove, bolts his program for greener pastures in AAA hockey world. Returns home and has no chance of playing High School in Maple Grove so rumored to have shopped his talents to Breck, BSM and now is going to PL?

Stauber plays youth in Wayzata program last year, and then this year he was going to go to BSM and now is at Holy Family?

Would like an explanation from the High School League how this movement is possible? It appears as long as BSM is part of the equation it’s acceptable.
:?
nahc

Post by nahc »

Lakeville rule.......... :?
100percenteffort

Post by 100percenteffort »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Not even close. Everything Lakeville has done is above board and within the rules of the MSHSL.
badgermom78

Post by badgermom78 »

ThePuckStopsHere wrote:
Bluewhitefan wrote:
Scratching my Head??

Sietz plays youth in Maple Grove, bolts his program for greener pastures in AAA hockey world. Returns home and has no chance of playing High School in Maple Grove so rumored to have shopped his talents to Breck, BSM and now is going to PL?

Stauber plays youth in Wayzata program last year, and then this year he was going to go to BSM and now is at Holy Family?

Would like an explanation from the High School League how this movement is possible? It appears as long as BSM is part of the equation it’s acceptable.
Really not that hard to figure out if you spent a couple minutes reading the Transfer Rules posted online by MSHSL. Do you want a "personal" explanation outside of what they have published as to what is an acceptable transfer?

Not everything is a conspiracy.
SidneysDogHouse

badgermom78 wrote:
ThePuckStopsHere wrote:
Bluewhitefan wrote: Coach told Seitz he'd be playing JV, so he bolted to PL.
Scratching my Head??

Really not that hard to figure out if you spent a couple minutes reading the Transfer Rules posted online by MSHSL. Do you want a "personal" explanation outside of what they have published as to what is an acceptable transfer?

Scites was at BSM before he left for AAA, then simply returned, but was on the outside looking in, so went to find hockey elsewhere. It's as easy as moving, which they were willing to do. This has nothing to do with BSM bending or breaking any rules, it's the same for everyone. And...we don't always know the whole story on timing, family situations, jobs, etc.
Froggy Richards

Post by Froggy Richards »

SidneysDogHouse wrote:
badgermom78 wrote:
ThePuckStopsHere wrote: Scratching my Head??

Scites was at BSM before he left for AAA, then simply returned, but was on the outside looking in, so went to find hockey elsewhere. It's as easy as moving, which they were willing to do. This has nothing to do with BSM bending or breaking any rules, it's the same for everyone. And...we don't always know the whole story on timing, family situations, jobs, etc.
One thing that I'm surprised I've never heard discussed on here is, "What if you get cut from your High School team in 10th or 11th grade? I think you should have the right to be eligible right away at any other school. Maybe have the coach or AD sign a release or something. I would think that would be really hard on a kid who played his whole life and all of a sudden he's not eligible to go to the town next door and play if he wishes. Obviously if you're cut, you're not taking advantage of anything. You just want to play Varsity Hockey.
Puckstopper81

Post by Puckstopper81 »

The questions is.....why did Scites leave Compuware? Or did he not make the U16 team this year and came back? Seems like he had a good thing going in Detroit. :?
BP

Post by BP »

Froggy Richards wrote:
SidneysDogHouse wrote:
badgermom78 wrote: Really not that hard to figure out if you spent a couple minutes reading the Transfer Rules posted online by MSHSL. Do you want a "personal" explanation outside of what they have published as to what is an acceptable transfer?

One thing that I'm surprised I've never heard discussed on here is, "What if you get cut from your High School team in 10th or 11th grade? I think you should have the right to be eligible right away at any other school. Maybe have the coach or AD sign a release or something. I would think that would be really hard on a kid who played his whole life and all of a sudden he's not eligible to go to the town next door and play if he wishes. Obviously if you're cut, you're not taking advantage of anything. You just want to play Varsity Hockey.

Kids have gotten letters signed by a Varsity Coach AND AD at the former school that I know of and the state still wouldn't allow them to be eligible......
SCBlueLiner

Post by SCBlueLiner »

Froggy Richards wrote:
SidneysDogHouse wrote:
badgermom78 wrote: Really not that hard to figure out if you spent a couple minutes reading the Transfer Rules posted online by MSHSL. Do you want a "personal" explanation outside of what they have published as to what is an acceptable transfer?

Great idea. Would also probably raise the level of Varsity hockey played as programs in desperate need of players could fill their teams with some talented players who get cut at some larger schools. Also, isn't it keeping with USA Hockey's development model. Some kids develop late. By giving them an opportunity to continue playing there will be some kids who take advantage of that and develop into great players. The system now just wastes some potential talent that is out there by cutting them.