Goalies 2014-2015

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

SidneysDogHouse

Post by SidneysDogHouse »

OTB987 wrote:
SidneysDogHouse wrote:
WestMetro wrote:(I think youve got to adjust for some starters, and some full rotators, ie. Bemid, BSM, Blaine, Actually, most of those other names will be over .90 also, I recall.)

Anyway, funny how if you look back at beginning of the preseason how most of these names match up at the end of the season. Over time, many of their stats have risen, i.e Howg, Meyers, Heifort, so they are all almost up to or over 90%

Somebody double check me on this, I think I posted it before somewhere. The only two that actually have on ice state tourney experience are Dittmer and Howg, and neither favored to win their sections. In which case, the tourney starters will all be out there with the same set of fresh nerves

I just took the higher ranked goalie as starters and back ups aren't always known. All of these goalies are above 500 minutes as well. The Hub uses 40% to show up on their stats, all of these are right in there.

You did post that somewhere, but I haven't found it.

Let the nerve shattering begin!
Were there any other goalies not on top 20 team that jumped out to you when looking at the data?
Yes, there are some very good goalies outside the top 20, just look at who comprises the stats (top 10 goalies). Gotta love the kids who make mediocre team good just by stopping the puck. The list could get long, but I would say some of the best goalies aren't on the top 10 teams. That's looking at battle, athleticism, puck tracking and adversity management. Just having good stats doesn't always tell the story.