Goalies 2014-2015

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

MNHockeyFan wrote:Just curious: Did the girl who decided to play with the Andover boys this season end up making their varsity?
Guess so: http://www.mshsl.org/mshsl/schoolactpag ... actnum=410

Good luck to the young lady!
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

They've got a brutal schedule in December, hope she is up to the task.
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

WestMetro wrote:They've got a brutal schedule in December, hope she is up to the task.
Last year with the girls she had a regular season save percentage of .934. The team in front of her had a record of 13-9-3. It will be interesting to see how she does this season, taking the relative strength of Andover's boys team into account. BTW, she's a UMD women's team commit.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Sidneys, no last minute transfer drama with the HF roster?
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

In terms of goalie performance at the Turkey Trot Tourney

Boe, a bit of an unknown in my mind, looked pretty good both Friday and Saturday night, admittedly with a low SOG count.

Schilling looked very strong in Wayzatas OT shootout loss to Edina Saturday night. Got to be impressed with a kid with little varsity experience holding the Hornets to 3 goals after facing 30 SOGS including many high quality chances. ( Especially since the more experienced and higher ranked Gabe Heifort couldn't do it Friday night against Hornets, although with lesser quality protection.)

Was happy to see Gabe come back to get the job done against MG Saturday night, and Goodman had a good game in net too.
northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

MNHockeyFan wrote:
MNHockeyFan wrote:Just curious: Did the girl who decided to play with the Andover boys this season end up making their varsity?

She should be playing girls hockey. MN progressive PC BS!
Froggy Richards

Post by Froggy Richards »

northwoods oldtimer wrote:
MNHockeyFan wrote:

Either that or she gives the team the best chance to win and the coach wanted her on the boy's team.
icedad

Post by icedad »

Watching McKinney from Maple Grove, particularly the first period against Wayzata, that kid is here to play this season.
PuckDaddy

Stats

Post by PuckDaddy »

Just looking through some of the stats for Varsity and JV goalies on MN Hockey Hub. Can anyone explain to me why some goalies - after playing one game - 51 minutes - that have given up one goal have a GAA of below 1??? Looks like whom ever is calculating the stats is not paying attention...
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

Froggy Richards wrote:
MNHockeyFan wrote: Guess so: http://www.mshsl.org/mshsl/schoolactpag ... actnum=410

Either that or she gives the team the best chance to win and the coach wanted her on the boy's team.
Good call Froggy, 40+ saves tonight.
u12dad

Post by u12dad »

alcloseshaver wrote:
Froggy Richards wrote:
northwoods oldtimer wrote: She should be playing girls hockey. MN progressive PC BS!
I'm guessing that if you ask the boys from her team if they are happy she can make 40+ saves against a top team, they would say she belongs there. Nice job MR!
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Looking at HUB starting goaltender save percent data for top AA teams through Dec 17 games , I note that Durocher (EP) , Scites (PL), and both of the rotating WBL goalies are right up there with the other top goalie names expected at the beginning of the season.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Best Goalie Save Percent Stats Thru Jan 3
From Hockey Hub Data

(From Amongst Top AA Teams)

Scites PL .924
Snow STA .923
Wendlandt HM .920
Edquist LVN .917
Lubbes BVL .914
Parent WBL .913
Dittmer Moor .912
Schilling WYZ .909
Boe ED .906
Both BL .904
northwoods oldtimer

u12dad wrote:
alcloseshaver wrote:
Froggy Richards wrote: Either that or she gives the team the best chance to win and the coach wanted her on the boy's team.
I'm guessing that if you ask the boys from her team if they are happy she can make 40+ saves against a top team, they would say she belongs there. Nice job MR!
I will break it down for you. It's real simple.
girls play girls hockey.
boys play boys hockey.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

WestMetro wrote:Best Goalie Save Percent Stats Thru Jan 3
From Hockey Hub Data

Scites PL .924
Snow STA .923
Wendlandt HM .920
Edquist LVN .917
Lubbes BVL .914
Parent WBL .913
Dittmer Moor .912
Schilling WYZ .909
Boe ED .906
Both BL .904
Why did you leave some out?
Froggy Richards

Post by Froggy Richards »

u12dad wrote:
alcloseshaver wrote:Good call Froggy, 40+ saves tonight.
girls play girls hockey.
boys play boys hockey.
You must not get out much. There are girls on boys teams all over the State, including at the High School level.
CasseauCougar

Post by CasseauCougar »

WestMetro wrote:Best Goalie Save Percent Stats Thru Jan 3
From Hockey Hub Data

Scites PL .924
Snow STA .923
Wendlandt HM .920
Edquist LVN .917
Lubbes BVL .914
Parent WBL .913
Dittmer Moor .912
Schilling WYZ .909
Boe ED .906
Both BL .904
After all of his travels around the country, didn't realize Scites was spending a year in Prior Lake. Good for them. Guess LN already had brought in a goalie.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

To Elliotts Question:

Yes, Kuehnichel (HOPK .932) and Tharaldson (BEMJ .917) have also been huge contributors to team success thru Jan 3.

Wartick at AV also has great stats at .928
GOALIEPOPS

Post by GOALIEPOPS »

WestMetro wrote:To Elliotts Question:

Yes, Kuehnichel (HOPK .932) and Tharaldson (BEMJ .917) have also been huge contributors to team success thru Jan 3.

I've watched Tharaldson play a handful of games over the past few years. Doesn't get much mention but a true competitor.
Thehockeyman28

Post by Thehockeyman28 »

WestMetro wrote:To Elliotts Question:

Hayden of STMA is left out as well at .931
northwoods oldtimer

Froggy Richards wrote:
u12dad wrote: I'm guessing that if you ask the boys from her team if they are happy she can make 40+ saves against a top team, they would say she belongs there. Nice job MR!
girls play girls hockey.
boys play boys hockey.
You must not get out much. There are girls on boys teams all over the State, including at the High School level.
girls should be playing girls hockey. its the reason for creating girls hockey in the first place.
green4

Post by green4 »

Froggy Richards wrote:
northwoods oldtimer wrote: I will break it down for you. It's real simple.
girls play girls hockey.
boys play boys hockey.
girls should be playing girls hockey. its the reason for creating girls hockey in the first place.
Actually, the reason girl's hockey was created was that ALL girls could play if they wanted to. Back in the day a bit, girls that were very talented were already playing with the boys. Girl's hockey was created so those that were not superstars had a chance to enjoy the game in a structured way.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

u12dad wrote:
alcloseshaver wrote:Good call Froggy, 40+ saves tonight.
girls play girls hockey.
boys play boys hockey.
http://s35.photobucket.com/user/delonge ... n.jpg.html
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Funny how so many of the statistically top goalies as of Jan 3 were off their mark the following week. Although Schilling without Stevens is more understandable...better get used to it.
Just Checking

Post by Just Checking »

Is Luke Olson from Hermantown the 5'5" goalie Bruce Plante used for an excuse last year for them to stay in A? :^o

Kid has a .929 save percentage, 13 wins, and 1.6 goals against.
This has to be the kid right? He is listed at 5'7" on the Hub. Congrats to Luke if it is, for showing his, DA coach, you don't need to be over 6' to be a great goalie. Certainly helps but.....

Also noticed a Freshman from SPA Beren is putting up some unreal numbers.

.939 save % and 1.22 GA. 9-0, two shut outs, turned away 36 of 37 vs Breck and 24 for the shut out last night vs MPLS.

Oh, BTW he is listed at 5-6"
:shock: