Class AA Final - (1) Edina Vs (2) Lakeville North

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who takes the cake?

Edina
66%
Lakeville North
34%

Total votes: 38

goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

Come in Sats, that was a pretty brutal display by North at the end. Embarrassing really. North had a great season and stuff to build on for next year, two ot games took it out of them and Edina is very good.

Oh Luverne still has more big boy state titles than North. 👍
DanFromWoodbury

Post by DanFromWoodbury »

puckbreath wrote:
sinbin wrote:
BlueLineSpecial wrote:And then I see more than one LN player in the handshake line not take their glove off or extend their hand. Edina players were just patting LN players on their arms. LN you are a joke. Glad you lost
You know it's bad when you're forced to actually root for Edina in a game.

Edina leaving their starters in the entire game, with a lead like that, was interesting to say the least.

Who knows; maybe that's part of what set ln off.
Clearly you never played sports. That's not a questionable move. Did you want them to suit up the JV for the 3rd?
UntouchableFlow

Post by UntouchableFlow »

puckbreath wrote:
sinbin wrote:
BlueLineSpecial wrote:And then I see more than one LN player in the handshake line not take their glove off or extend their hand. Edina players were just patting LN players on their arms. LN you are a joke. Glad you lost
You know it's bad when you're forced to actually root for Edina in a game.

Edina leaving their starters in the entire game, with a lead like that, was interesting to say the least.

Give me a break, for the seniors it's the last game of their HS careers. Is Giles supposed to sit them in the third? :roll:
Karma 29

Post by Karma 29 »

Got to give a little shout out to skatesharpener...(Karma 29) get it.LOL where's the like button.
celly93

Post by celly93 »

A lot of young fire power on both of these teams. I really hope Malmquist and the Poehlings come back next year.
puckbreath

Post by puckbreath »

UntouchableFlow wrote:
puckbreath wrote:
sinbin wrote: You know it's bad when you're forced to actually root for Edina in a game.

Give me a break, for the seniors it's the last game of their HS careers. Is Giles supposed to sit them in the third? :roll:
Of course not.

But not missing hardly a shift, if at all for some, is a bit much too :roll: back at ya.
sinbin

Post by sinbin »

I wasn't counting shfit times, etc., but normally with a huge lead, you take your foot off the gas. However, if your opponent is continuing to be chippy and beyond, I'm fine with teaching them a little lesson. The choice is entirely up to them.
puckbreath

Post by puckbreath »

sinbin wrote:I wasn't counting shfit times, etc., but normally with a huge lead, you take your foot off the gas. However, if your opponent is continuing to be chippy and beyond, I'm fine with teaching them a little lesson. The choice is entirely up to them.
I missed a few minutes of the game; which came first, the chippy play, or the continued starter play ?
SidneysDogHouse

Post by SidneysDogHouse »

Sats81 wrote:
bemused wrote:Brutal display by the South Metro Selects
Typical classless response. No surprise.

Congrats to Edina who is hands down best team in MN. They are loaded and could easily win again next year. There are 10 kids who will play d1 on that team. Congrats to LN on a great season and hopefully a lot of the great juniors will all stick around and take another run next yr. coach Eigner and staff had a great run.
Agreed, but was anyone really surprised? LN goaltender looked like a freshman (in the last two games). They should've pulled him mid way through! They tried to hard to be chippy against a team who rose above it. In the end LN majorly embarrassed themselves, not only the players, but the coaches who let it happen. Good run, but an awful way to go out...that's what will be remembered...4 guys in the box to end the game, and refs delaying last 30 seconds to stop the bleeding. Gotta act like you've been there!
Nostalgic Nerd

Post by Nostalgic Nerd »

You shouldn't knock success. It's something to appreciate. Congratulations to the Hornets! :)
I can splash in the rink puddles!
FREDFLINTSTONE

Post by FREDFLINTSTONE »

[quote="Nostalgic Nerd"]You shouldn't knock success. It's something to appreciate. Congratulations to the Hornets! :)[/quo

Edina chucks

they still chuck......hate those....(fill in the blank)
puckbreath

Post by puckbreath »

DanFromWoodbury wrote:
puckbreath wrote:
sinbin wrote: You know it's bad when you're forced to actually root for Edina in a game.

Clearly you never played sports. That's not a questionable move. Did you want them to suit up the JV for the 3rd?
Clearly, you have no idea what I did.
bafata88

Post by bafata88 »

Just a little fun fact for Edina hockey purists out there. At least two of the champions are originally Minneapolis Southwest Lakers. Nice that Edina opened its borders. Regardless, nice run. What a dominant team!
Sartellcelly

Post by Sartellcelly »

bafata88 wrote:Just a little fun fact for Edina hockey purists out there. At least two of the champions are originally Minneapolis Southwest Lakers. Nice that Edina opened its borders. Regardless, nice run. What a dominant team!
one family moved to Edina when the skater was entering PeeWees. The other enrolled in time for high school and played JV all of last year. A solid third-liner this season. Not sure what's so troubling here, but maybe some elaboration would help.
bafata88

Post by bafata88 »

Seriously, it was posted as a "fun fact". Hockey purists. Hornets vs. Lakers. Late 60s, early 70s. East of France vs. West of France. Kind of ironic after all these years. Poetic justice. No controversy at all. Some of you forum peeps are a little on edge. As I said, this year's team was phenomenal.
Karma 29

Post by Karma 29 »

Sats, I thought I would dig this out of the archives for you. Your getting a little to cocky and since the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, one can only assume your ( boys, nephews, etc.) may be also. Take a step a back and enjoy the ride. This game isn't about you! I would hate to see the majority people cheering for Edina again. Provided you both get there.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

I dont know if this is going to become the official thread for the March 7 2015 title game, but in case it is: here are my thought reposted from a different thread a while back on Feb 7, and Ive seen nothing to change my opinion since::

Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:02 pm

Absent an act of god or multiple key injuries, the Panthers will win 25, then 28, then 30. Only remaining question is the 31st game against Edina at the X on March 7

Edina has been on a long run, just like LVN. Recently crushed EP and Wayz

Last years championship game, and talent comparison, is mute at this point.

For this years rematch, Panthers have an edge in goaltending, first D pair, slight edge in 2nd DP pair. First lines both are spectacular, second lines quite even but slight edge to Edina, 3rd and 4th edge to Edina. PP edge to LV and PK edge to Edina. Coaching and rink size edge to Edina.

Game outcome will likely ride on the goaltender, neither has X playing experience. Boe was there last year on the bench. But Edquist has more big game experience in more venues.

I guess with this kind of parity, a person has to look at the hard evidence of the December 4th Panther win. So give the nod to the Panthers. Although that was home ice, on large rink, and only a 1 goal win.

Keys : For Edina, Boe remain steady and not give up any early goals.

For Panthers, key people stay out of penalty box. Dont respond to
Mishmash taunts
Karma 29

Post by Karma 29 »

Sats.... Quiet day yesterday for you. As loud as you were on Saturday, one can only assume you had a head ache , or you were busy digging yourself out of your hole.