4AA SEMIFINALS #4 ROSEVILLE VS #1 HILL-MURRAY

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

SUBURBAN EAST AGAINST CLASSIC SUBURBAN

Poll ended at Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:49 pm

ROSEVILLE
25%
HILL-MURRAY
75%

Total votes: 28

wbmd

4AA SEMIFINALS #4 ROSEVILLE VS #1 HILL-MURRAY

Post by wbmd »

Could be better than it appears on paper.
Pioneerprideguy

Re: 4AA SEMIFINALS #4 ROSEVILLE VS #1 HILL-MURRAY

Post by Pioneerprideguy »

wbmd wrote:Could be better than it appears on paper.
Because?
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Hill 5-1
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Pioneerprideguy wrote:
Because?
Because Hill Murray folks go in with big heads and sometimes lose to teams that they shouldn't.
Pioneerprideguy

Post by Pioneerprideguy »

MrBoDangles wrote:
Pioneerprideguy wrote:
Because?
Because Hill Murray folks go in with big heads and sometimes lose to teams that they shouldn't.
I can accept that. Although, history has shown they haven't lost too many times in sections and rarely outside of the finals.

This is not a great HM team and those close to the program realize this. But this is a good team in a year without any dominant teams. I will be surprised if HM struggles with Roseville. I see them rolling all 3 lines and winning by 4. Nothing fancy, just advancing.
BlueLineSpecial

Post by BlueLineSpecial »

MrBoDangles wrote:
Pioneerprideguy wrote:
Because?
Which players and/or coaches do you know personally? Curious to hear who goes in with big heads?
The City of Hill Murray is beautiful this time of year
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

Pioneerprideguy wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
Pioneerprideguy wrote: Because?
I can accept that. Although, history has shown they haven't lost too many times in sections and rarely outside of the finals.

This is not a great HM team and those close to the program realize this. But this is a good team in a year without any dominant teams. I will be surprised if HM struggles with Roseville. I see them rolling all 3 lines and winning by 4. Nothing fancy, just advancing.
Good news is the last two state titles for HM were good, not great teams. I'm not expecting it this year, but wouldn't be surprised either. I don't think they'll have any trouble with Roseville either. Friday is coming and I don't think any natural event could stop a WBL v HM section final to close the coliseum. Too much karma on hand for that to happen.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

BlueLineSpecial wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
Which players and/or coaches do you know personally? Curious to hear who goes in with big heads?
If they go in as cocky as some of the Hill fans on here.

:D
BlueLineSpecial

MrBoDangles wrote:
BlueLineSpecial wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote: Because Hill Murray folks go in with big heads and sometimes lose to teams that they shouldn't.
If they go in as cocky as some of the Hill fans on here.

:D
It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am
-Muhammad Ali :wink:
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

BlueLineSpecial wrote:
Cassius did not attend Hill.
Nor any private school.
BlueLineSpecial

elliott70 wrote:
BlueLineSpecial wrote:
Nor any private school.
Oh he didn't attend Hill? Gee then I guess my post was irrelevant, trolling, and stupid. Well one of our posts was anyway
mnhockfan99

Post by mnhockfan99 »

I like HM by a couple but the Roseville G has had an excellent year and in one game type of playoffs goaltending is as big a factor in the outcome as anything...HM goalie has been very good too...hope for a competitive game! Interesting Anderson will be going against Roseville, his youth association and where his pop used to help coach the HS team a while back....
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

BlueLineSpecial wrote:
elliott70 wrote:
BlueLineSpecial wrote:
Nor any private school.
Oh he didn't attend Hill? Gee then I guess my post was irrelevant, trolling, and stupid. Well one of our posts was anyway
Just added manic with the cocky....
badgermom78

Post by badgermom78 »

What associations are the Hill players from?
inthetwine

Post by inthetwine »

badgermom78 wrote:What associations are the Hill players from?
It's a good bet none of them are from the Hill youth program!
stpaul

Post by stpaul »

inthetwine wrote:
I believe 3rd graders who start playing in a community youth association hockey program should sign a contract that legally binds them to attend the local public high school. As the years go by they can only be released from that contract if they're not very good. (Of course this rule would have stopped TJ Oshie from going to Warroad.)
Last edited by stpaul on Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Pioneerprideguy wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:

They always look great to most of us that aren't "close"..... It's why we give ya a extra dose of ribbing.

:wink:
stpaul

Post by stpaul »

inthetwine wrote:
WBL, Stillwater and Roseville High Schools also do not have youth programs. The communities of WBL, Stillwater and Roseville do.
Nevertoomuchhockey

Post by Nevertoomuchhockey »

MrBoDangles wrote:
Pioneerprideguy wrote:
Because?
Like every other team having a good season and lose in an upset?
Like every other team not having a good season who blame it on puck bounces and private schools and anything other than their team isn't as good this year?
Confidence does not equal cocky, especially among parents! We know how quickly it can go the other way.
Nevertoomuchhockey

Post by Nevertoomuchhockey »

stpaul wrote:
inthetwine wrote:
I believe 3rd graders who start playing in a community youth association hockey program should sign a contract that legally binds them to attend the local public high school. As the years go by they can only be released from that contract if they're not very good. (Of course this rule would have stopped TJ Oshie from going to Warroad.)
Is this a serious suggestion or am I just sluggish from the girls tourney...
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Nevertoomuchhockey wrote:
stpaul wrote:
inthetwine wrote: It's a good bet none of them are from the Hill youth program!
Is this a serious suggestion or am I just sluggish from the girls tourney...
You're extremely-sluggish in comprehending all the posts above.....

:lol:
mnhockfan99

Post by mnhockfan99 »

I'm gonna get skewered here but I know quite a few of the HM players from recent years, I've found them to be great kids from great families. Having a relative just finish playing HS last weekend at a public school with a 'two hour a day coach' who taught him nothing in three years and had no goals or standards for the program, I can't argue with kids who want better.
stpaul

HM

Post by stpaul »

mnhockfan99 wrote:I'm gonna get skewered here but I know quite a few of the HM players from recent years, I've found them to be great kids from great families. Having a relative just finish playing HS last weekend at a public school with a 'two hour a day coach' who taught him nothing in three years and had no goals or standards for the program, I can't argue with kids who want better.
Thank you. This is the truth. Bill Lechner (boys hockey & baseball), Bill Schafhauser (girls hockey), Erin Herman (girls basketball) and Dick Ghizone (boys basketball) and most of the coaches at Hill-Murray are there and in the school building full-time. This also goes for band & theatre kids and their directors. The school is small enough (800 or so in 6 grades) that they know everbody. They interact with the kids during the day and all year. They are great role models. Kids know they better be at school, behaving and doing well in class to play. I don't think you have to get skewered for saying this out loud but agree you probably will.
Miracle On Ice

Post by Miracle On Ice »

Hill 6-1
Hill is going to jump out on top early in this game and never going to look back. We all just want to see one more exciting HIll vs WBL game at the Colesium.
Once a Bear, Always a Bear
Wblhcky2424

Post by Wblhcky2424 »

Hill wins 5-2 with a Joey A hat trick against his youth program.

Andrew Colvard with both goals for the Raiders