Section 7AA 2013-2014?

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

CB00

Post by CB00 »

East may have to play Cambridge. Remember they went into OT this year😅 I think Randolph would like to avoid seed 7 and 8. Not surprised at the results. True to form
Slammer

Post by Slammer »

I'm still chuckling at the fact that East has the number one seed. Unbelievable
DE could've "easily" won state the last 5 years.
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

Slammer wrote:I'm still chuckling at the fact that East has the number one seed. Unbelievable
Amazing, how does that happen? SARS would have been kicking butt!
Houndhockey

Post by Houndhockey »

CB00 wrote:East may have to play Cambridge. Remember they went into OT this year�� I think Randolph would like to avoid seed 7 and 8. Not surprised at the results. True to form
I don't think Randolph or the Hounds are too worried about playing Cambridge this time of year.
Winter is Coming

Post by Winter is Coming »

Houndhockey wrote:
CB00 wrote:East may have to play Cambridge. Remember they went into OT this year�� I think Randolph would like to avoid seed 7 and 8. Not surprised at the results. True to form
I don't think Randolph or the Hounds are too worried about playing Cambridge this time of year.
Having seen the Hounds a few times this year and knowing how these things work that is bad thinking for them if he is thinking that way. Attitudes like that have teams sitting home watching the teams who were worried about everybody play the game.
TheInsider

Post by TheInsider »

Slammer wrote:I'm still chuckling at the fact that East has the number one seed. Unbelievable
It is pretty confusing..
Houndhockey

Post by Houndhockey »

Winter is Coming wrote:
Houndhockey wrote:
Having seen the Hounds a few times this year and knowing how these things work that is bad thinking for them if he is thinking that way. Attitudes like that have teams sitting home watching the teams who were worried about everybody play the game.
It's not to say that he won't have his team show up and look past this game, but the beginning of the year was awful for the Hounds. They are a much better team now, than they were in November. Maybe they can't say it, or even think it, but as a fan, I'm not worried with Cambridge. Now looking at the possible semi final matchups, that is a different story. Any team 1-5 has a shot on any given day.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Seeding:
1 East
2 Elk River
3 Andover
4 Grand Rapids
5 Forest Lake
6 St. Michael Albertville
7 CEC
8 St. Francis
9 Cambridge-Isanti

Predictions???

Play in game:
Franny over CI

Quarters:
East over Franny
GRapids over FLake

Cloquet over Elks
SMA over Andover

Semis:
GRapids over East
Cloquet over SMA

Finals:
GRapids over Cloquet in OT
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

I like your optimism, some may have it a bit different.
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

I'm pulling for Cloquet on that side of the bracket, but I Elk River vs. Andover would also be a great game to watch, there just won't be a a great atmosphere for that one. On the weak fan bases, I was surprised to see Andover's home rink only has seating for 800. Would have been a mess if they hosted Rapids.
YouTube.com/BarbellMedicine
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

Elk River doesn't travel with many fans either. Small crowd at home when they played Blaine, was surprised by it considering their girls team played a section game prior.
kniven

Post by kniven »

alcloseshaver wrote:Elk River doesn't travel with many fans either. Small crowd at home when they played Blaine, was surprised by it considering their girls team played a section game prior.
The last 2 times Cloquet went to Elk for playoffs, I swear the Lumberjacks had more fans in the stands.
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

alcloseshaver wrote:Elk River doesn't travel with many fans either. Small crowd at home when they played Blaine, was surprised by it considering their girls team played a section game prior.
Where are all those fans from Hockey Day? I think in general the norther teams have better fan bases than down south, though teams like Edina and Hill Murray have a lot show up at state. It is surprising to me given being in a large suburb and the history of Elk River that they don't have more fans. They are really missing out on a great overall experience in Duluth, not just Amsoil Arena, but everything that Duluth has to offer around the arena. I couldn't ask for anything better for the playoffs.
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

Not sure why there is not great school spirit at ER. It only has about 1500 students? Hockey Day crowd was incredible over 4,000, it was like an all time reunion for the town, thought the excitement would carry over for the rest of the season. Andover V ER crowd will be small, plenty of Room for the next game's fans.
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

andover v elk river would be after the first game at around 2:30
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

TheHockeyDJ wrote:andover v elk river would be after the first game at around 2:30
So they will have a crowd then, lot's of good hockey fans up north.
TheInsider

Post by TheInsider »

1 East
2 Elk River
3 Andover
4 Grand Rapids
5 Forest Lake
7 CEC
8 St. Francis
9 Cambridge-Isanti

Predictions:

Play in game:
Francis over CI

Quarters:
East over Francis
Rapids over FLake

Elky over Cloquet
Andover over SMA

Semis:
East over Rapids
Elk over Andover

Finals:
East over Elk
Traxler

Post by Traxler »

TheInsider wrote:1 East
2 Elk River
3 Andover
4 Grand Rapids
5 Forest Lake
7 CEC
8 St. Francis
9 Cambridge-Isanti

Predictions:

Play in game:
Francis over CI

Quarters:
East over Francis
Rapids over FLake

Elky over Cloquet
Andover over SMA

Semis:
East over Rapids
Elk over Andover

Finals:
East over Elk
I agree, no upsets. :)
HockeyStorm

Post by HockeyStorm »

CI over St. Francis

East over St. Francis
F Lake over Rapids
Elks over CEC
Andover over SMA

East over Flake
Elks over Andover

East over Elks in 2 OT
hawkenjonny

Post by hawkenjonny »

Can't really be that surprised by DE selection? I am looking forward to some great 7AA games. Picking GR to come through it. Cmon Thawks.
kniven

Post by kniven »

hawkenjonny wrote:Can't really be that surprised by DE selection? I am looking forward to some great 7AA games. Picking GR to come through it. Cmon Thawks.
Man...Grand Rapids has a ton of fans on this forum followed by Duluth East. That's great for your programs !
northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

HockeyStorm wrote:CI over St. Francis

East over St. Francis
F Lake over Rapids
Elks over CEC
Andover over SMA

East over Flake
Elks over Andover

East over Elks in 2 OT
. Think the elks might be ready for taking it this year. It will be tough east is well coached. Home ice and homer refs help give east that extra edge needed to get to Saint Paul
TheInsider

Post by TheInsider »

Traxler wrote:
TheInsider wrote:1 East
2 Elk River
3 Andover
4 Grand Rapids
5 Forest Lake
7 CEC
8 St. Francis
9 Cambridge-Isanti

Predictions:

Play in game:
Francis over CI

Quarters:
East over Francis
Rapids over FLake

Elky over Cloquet
Andover over SMA

Semis:
East over Rapids
Elk over Andover

Finals:
East over Elk
I agree, no upsets. :)
I meant elk over East. My bad. Going to be tough for East to potentially play two of the goalie of the year candidates to get to the X. Especially with East's lack of scoring at times.
Traxler

Post by Traxler »

I wanted to share a tweet I saw yesterday. Maybe Michael LaRoque is on this forum and could let us know what he expected the seeds to be:

Tweet by Michael LaRoque @TheBigMike15
@grhshockey this is absolutely ridiculous. What's the point of sectional play if it hardly affects the outcome? East should not be above 3
TheInsider

Post by TheInsider »

northwoods oldtimer wrote:
HockeyStorm wrote:CI over St. Francis

East over St. Francis
F Lake over Rapids
Elks over CEC
Andover over SMA

East over Flake
Elks over Andover

East over Elks in 2 OT
. Think the elks might be ready for taking it this year. It will be tough east is well coached. Home ice and homer refs help give east that extra edge needed to get to Saint Paul
](*,) ](*,)