St. Francis @ Cloquet (online video streaming)

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

TheHockeyDJ

St. Francis @ Cloquet (online video streaming)

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

http://www.highschoolcube.com/event/st- ... -jv-305541

This is going to be very interesting. St. Francis has the strongest team they've ever had and are looking to be a bracket buster. Cloquet on paper should win this game but their offense and power play have really struggled in the last few games. If St. Francis wins this game they go from an outside shot to upset to a legit team going into sections.
YouTube.com/BarbellMedicine
pipersniper12

Post by pipersniper12 »

Varsity feed?
Hunt|Fish|Hockey
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

pipersniper12 wrote:Varsity feed?
Here we go: http://www.highschoolcube.com/event/st- ... ity-305542
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

pipersniper12 wrote:Varsity feed?
Sorry about that, last time both were on one feed.
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

Through 2 periods this is about what I thought these teams would be at the beginning of the year. St. Francis only few chances have come when a CEC player has made a very poor decision to pinch on a play he should of held back on. Not saying you can take St. Francis lightly, but Forest Lake looks like a better shot for a 1st round upset right now.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

TheHockeyDJ wrote:Through 2 periods this is about what I thought these teams would be at the beginning of the year. St. Francis only few chances have come when a CEC player has made a very poor decision to pinch on a play he should of held back on. Not saying you can take St. Francis lightly, but Forest Lake looks like a better shot for a 1st round upset right now.
Yeah...while they're good for a 7-seed and have a handful of nice players, from what I've seen tonight, Franny is not on the same level as Forest Lake or the other middle-seeds in 7AA.

CEC broke up the big line again, though they went a step further tonight by keeping Westin Michaud with the 2s even when on the PP. The PP does look better tonight, with a lot more movement and some creativity with the cycling, though some of that might be due to the passive opponent. The Jacks are still committing too many turnovers in their own zone.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

6-4 final after a very strong 3rd from the Saints. After watching some period, I do understand how they beat GR and kept Benilde within 3 (earlier on, I was seriously wondering). They do a good job of finishing on the chances they have, and with good goaltending, they could at least make the 7AA 2-seed a bit uncomfortable.

CEC really needs to clean up its act defensively if they want to go far in sections.