Holy Family vs: Mound Westonka

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

supertacks

Re: Mound is not bad

Post by supertacks »

fourthlinegrinder wrote:I think Runke needs to go to many times I hve seen talented Mound teams under achieve, I understand it happen,s but where did Mound go in the second period????

Just because it is the west does not make it ok
huh... :?
fourthlinegrinder

Mound needs new coach

Post by fourthlinegrinder »

Runke is not getting the best of his players and he never has, mound westonka needs to hire a coach with a resume that is thicker than his. Mound has not won a banner sine 2001, that is not ok.

Is it?
Awil95

Post by Awil95 »

Bandy wrote:
SuperStar wrote:Okay - for the 3rd time. It wasn't check from behind.

It was a clean, physical check from the front and they both went into the boards. The Mound player fell awkwardly at the very last second and the HF was going over the top of him.

The picture looks bad - but I could probably dig up 100 pictures from a 100 different games showing supposedly CFB's.
From the front? No way. You cannot be looking at the video tagged at 2:36 remaining in 3rd period. That hit, about 12 seconds into the video, clearly involves a hook which probably affected the Mounds player's balance, and a hard drive into the boards from behind. There was no need to finish a check from behind when the player is in a compromising position.

I have no kid on either team, and don't really give a crap who won. I'm just sick of cheap shots in hockey, and tired of officials who swallow their whistles. I'm sick of people tolerating this in hockey, then claiming that life-changing injuries are "freak accidents."
I was at the game and standing within 10 feet of who took this picture . The hit was not really from behind like those seeing the picture believe it to be . The hit was a lot more a collision type deal where Dylan kinda bumped the kid going towards the puck

And those who are talking about the goal at the end have clearly not seen the video of the fight melee that broke out during the game . You have a mound kid punching the hf goalie an hf kid punching that kid the goalies helmet was stuck to the top webbing of the net and that was when Dylan started fighting another kid
#19 from mound tackled a ref and was throwing punches at the ref and I believe one ref was bleeding
They could have kicked 80 percent of the kids out that were on the ice
blueblood

Picture

Post by blueblood »

"He (Dylan) kinda bumped the kid...."

You don't "bump" a guy when your skates are off the ice. It takes force to have both feet off the ice.

That my friend was an illegal check....
inthestands

Post by inthestands »

It's great to review still shots, video and discuss on message boards but this is HS hockey not the NHL.

Unless you are one of the guys that laced up their skates to call the game, your "opinion" has little meaning.

Unless you've been in that situation personally, how can you evaluate what is a good goal, what is or isn't a penalty, or what control aspects of this or any game are in or out of control?

From past experience in the stands at any level hockey game, most fans have a specific team or player they want to see succeed. Their rules knowledge is very generic, and decision making is jaded due to the team or player of interest.
Bandy

Post by Bandy »

inthestands wrote:It's great to review still shots, video and discuss on message boards but this is HS hockey not the NHL.

Unless you are one of the guys that laced up their skates to call the game, your "opinion" has little meaning.

Unless you've been in that situation personally, how can you evaluate what is a good goal, what is or isn't a penalty, or what control aspects of this or any game are in or out of control?...
Little meaning, in that I've never seen an official overturn a call due to screaming from the fans, or posts on a forum days after the game ended.

But I think it's legit for folks to speak out on real or perceived illegal contact, and the rigor with which the officials call the game. Parents, players, coaches, and officials who want to have the game played at a high level, while at the same time reduce the number of dangerous hits, should make some noise. I'm not sure what the most effective channels are to make the noise. Seems like MSHSL and USA Hockey have some pretty darned good rules in place, but enforcement is inconsistent at best.

I felt this way before the Jabby incident. I definitely feel this way in the wake of it. It would be tragic if we all just let things get "back to normal" and accepted that dangerous hits are part of the game. You're not going to make ice hockey risk free. But enforcing the rules strictly--especially when player safety at stake--reduces the risk and cleans up the play in a hurry.