AA Preseason Rankings 2012-2013

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

JV State Champs wrote:Karl why do you list the "Next Ten" and then put what those teams rankings would be in () later on? Why not just rank the top 25?
I probably could have done that in the preseason rankings, but during the regular season, I don't always list the same number of teams--I rank the top 15, and then go from there with a list of bubble teams that could have as few as four or go over ten--it depends on how many there are that I think deserve to be mentioned. So I try to be consistent with the top 15, instead of a top 23 one week and a top 26 the next.

Also, once you get down into the teams ranked in the 20s, those teams are generally so even that the difference between #23 and #24 is usually much smaller than the difference between #1 and #2, and arguing about their exact order can seem a bit silly. I put the team ranks in parentheses in the "sections" part just to give a general idea of how the section looks--for example, does it have one great team and three decent ones chasing them? Are there a bunch of teams jumbled together that could probably be ranked almost interchangeably, or is there a clear pecking order?
D3Referee

Post by D3Referee »

scorekeeper wrote:Eagan is a top 4 team IMO
Good call Keeper. Took a while, but they all caught up. Even got my Trojans in the right spot :wink: its all good