2022-2023 AA Preseason Rankings

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Slap Shot

Re: 2022-2023 AA Preseason Rankings

Post by Slap Shot »

Dude probably won't watch Gophers games vs. Notre Dame or Penn State either. :roll:
gitter

Re: 2022-2023 AA Preseason Rankings

Post by gitter »

Sparlimb wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:46 am
goldy313 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:27 pm If you go back to the decade of the 80’s….12 teams played in the state championship game. Today only 2 or 3 are relevant….. Hill Murray, Edina, and Grand Rapids.

Burnsville, Apple Valley, Jefferson, John Marshall, Irondale, Mariner, and Kennedy are either no longer in existence, irrelevant, or gone all together. It is hard for an old timer to accept.
I'm surprised by Burnsville and Apple Valley, as they still have a lot of kids and no reason not to have better teams. Eastview took some Apple Valley kids and diluted the pond, as it were. Mariner was the team I had to root against as a kid as my NSP team played them two consecutive years for a trip to state. Eventually John Marshall will become an outer ring suburb and could actually rise again. Irondale should have combined with Mounds View and Kennedy and Jefferson are a sad story. So many awesome teams between those two in the 80's.
The demographics of Burnsville have changed dramatically. Their youth program for the last 5-8 years just don't have the numbers. Heck I think they only have 4 peewee teams this year when they are combined with AV. Compared to say Prior Lake who have 6 peewee teams on their own.