02 Os (formerly machine orange 02) played 01/02 Os today....

Discussion of Minnesota Girls Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

Hansonbrother

Post by Hansonbrother »

HockeyDude20 wrote:
Hansonbrother wrote:I hear the Jungels team played the 01's again today....Sources tell me that the 01's played as bad as they have all spring and still beat the 02's 4-1. I'm guessing all the chirping about being unbeatable may start to fall by the wayside.
Hey, Hansonbrother. Your sources are correct. I am not sure where you are hearing all the chirping about being unbeatable. Maybe there is another forum I am unaware of.

It is impossible that the 01s played their worst game of the spring yesterday. I mean, how do you explain the 01s losing to the 02s the first two match-ups of the spring?! 4 games this spring so far. 2-2. So clearly those two games they played worse than yesterday! Can you imagine how bad they must have played the first two games?!

I do have a tremendous amount of gratitude for your keen interest in the outcome of the 02 team's games. Thank you for that.

I love mmmbop, too. I am glad to see there is another one of us out there!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHozn0YXAeE

These are the Hanson brothers your moniker refers to, right?

Apparently I struck a nerve...I get videos and questions of how bad can they be... The 01's must have been bad earlier in the spring, they lost two tight ones to a team they apparently seem to have the number of now.... Don't kill the messenger, I'm just signing bad pop tunes and looking at the latest results...
NORTHWOODS HOCKEY

Post by NORTHWOODS HOCKEY »

Hansonbrother wrote:
HockeyDude20 wrote:
Hansonbrother wrote:I hear the Jungels team played the 01's again today....Sources tell me that the 01's played as bad as they have all spring and still beat the 02's 4-1. I'm guessing all the chirping about being unbeatable may start to fall by the wayside.
Hey, Hansonbrother. Your sources are correct. I am not sure where you are hearing all the chirping about being unbeatable. Maybe there is another forum I am unaware of.

It is impossible that the 01s played their worst game of the spring yesterday. I mean, how do you explain the 01s losing to the 02s the first two match-ups of the spring?! 4 games this spring so far. 2-2. So clearly those two games they played worse than yesterday! Can you imagine how bad they must have played the first two games?!

I do have a tremendous amount of gratitude for your keen interest in the outcome of the 02 team's games. Thank you for that.

Apparently I struck a nerve...I get videos and questions of how bad can they be... The 01's must have been bad earlier in the spring, they lost two tight ones to a team they apparently seem to have the number of now.... Don't kill the messenger, I'm just signing bad pop tunes and looking at the latest results...
Pretty easy to see that "striking a nerve" was your only goal.

Didn't strike a nerve with me, as I really enjoy watching the two teams play - win, lose or draw. From what I see on the ice (and hear in the crowd), the 01's are there to win now. There is some nastiness on the ice now (which I don't mind at all). The 01's are amp'd up when they hit the ice and you can now hear them every time they score a goal.

Maybe your sources can confirm - 1st two games, it was one of the younger coaches on the bench, the next two games, CP. Maybe he can also correct me if I am wrong, but the 1st win, the 01's had a number of 00's on their bench and in net. I don't much care that they did as that was a fun game to watch as well.

And although you, I mean your source, has every right to their opinion, I have watched the 01's on at least 8 occasions so far, and they really played about the same as they have in most of their other games. I guess if it makes you or your source feel better that the 01's played their worst, not a big deal. The 01's are fast, smart and move the puck well. On top of that, it appears to me, that in no way shape of form, are they ever going to let the 02's beat them again. That is great. It is actually a good thing for both teams.

The 02's should feel good when the compete with the 01's and should feel really good if they catch them on an off night and happen to beat them. The 01's should feel like they didn't play well if either of the above happens.

Just glad they are able to play and when they do, it looks similar to real hockey.
Last edited by NORTHWOODS HOCKEY on Mon May 02, 2016 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
NORTHWOODS HOCKEY

InigoMontoya wrote:I think it would be great if they went to Chicago, Toronto, Rochester, and Boston, and proved they were the best in show, but struggled a bit in the locals, proving the show is in Minnesota, not in Chicago, Toronto, Rochester, or Boston.
It always warms my heart when people hope/wish for bad things to happen to others.
HockeyDude20

Post by HockeyDude20 »

Hansonbrother wrote:
HockeyDude20 wrote:

No nerve struck at all. If we could schedule them EVERY game I would. Like I have always mentioned it is a very good group of hockey players. A group that we enjoy playing immensely. Playing the 01s makes our 02s better hockey players. Win, lose, or draw. Perhaps the 01s took the 02s a little lightly in the first two games of the spring. 02s may never beat them again. And that would be just fine. Mmmbop.
zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver »

Let's agree on this. There are a lot talented hockey players right now coming up through the ranks and are very fun to watch.
jg2112

Post by jg2112 »

02 O/S Elite Selects 3 - Mounds View (with S. Brodt) 0 yesterday in Richfield.
massalsa

Post by massalsa »

jg2112 wrote:02 O/S Elite Selects 3 - Mounds View (with S. Brodt) 0 yesterday in Richfield.
Did Moundsview have their regular Varsity goalie playing? She is impressive every time I see her play...one of the best 01 goalies around.

Nice result for MachineOS regardless.
zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver »

Especially since it was their 3rd game in 2 days
Mavs

Post by Mavs »

Nobody should ever be surprised if a good team beats another good team. If they played 10 times, the score would be different all 10. We aren't talking a great team vs a terrible team where is should be 8-0+ every time. When good teams play each other, each team will have 10+ qualities on top of screen/tip/crazy bounce stuff and it comes down to finishers and goalies in those chances as the other 90% is stale mate
InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya »

NORTHWOODS HOCKEY wrote:
InigoMontoya wrote:I think it would be great if they went to Chicago, Toronto, Rochester, and Boston, and proved they were the best in show, but struggled a bit in the locals, proving the show is in Minnesota, not in Chicago, Toronto, Rochester, or Boston.
It always warms my heart when people hope/wish for bad things to happen to others.
Who is wishing?
What is bad?
massalsa

Post by massalsa »

InigoMontoya wrote:
NORTHWOODS HOCKEY wrote:
Who is wishing?
What is bad?
Appeared to be just the opposite of what NORTHWOODS said. Unless it is bad to be a Minnesota Homer on this board. Which might be the only thing that someone has not accused another of being...yet?!?
NORTHWOODS HOCKEY

massalsa wrote:
InigoMontoya wrote:
NORTHWOODS HOCKEY wrote: It always warms my heart when people hope/wish for bad things to happen to others.
Who is wishing?
What is bad?
Appeared to be just the opposite of what NORTHWOODS said. Unless it is bad to be a Minnesota Homer on this board. Which might be the only thing that someone has not accused another of being...yet?!?
Na, I got the homer angle. "Thinking it would be great for a team to struggle to prove the show is in Minnesota"?

MASSALSA, what level do you think the 02's have to play or any team for that matter, to prove Minnesota is where the show is? What level of "struggle" would make the haters feel good about Minnesota hockey.

There have already been number of older (and younger) teams from Minnesota that have traveled to these tournaments - including the 02's. There is enough info out there already, for the average hockey person to be able to determine whether or not it is worth it, for the individual or team to travel to these tournaments.
NORTHWOODS HOCKEY

InigoMontoya wrote:
NORTHWOODS HOCKEY wrote:
Who is wishing?
What is bad?
First, we should have never played in a 12U tournament last year, because the quality of play was way below the teams level and apparently the team was trophy chasing. Then the team moves up and wins a 14U Minnesota Tier 1 AAA tournament, as a 12U eligible team, and apparently the team isn't very good, as they played down to the other teams level, amongst many other things pointed out. Then the team was getting cocky by moving up to play at the 16U level, because they barely won at the 14U level. After a good showing at the 16U level, it was obviously the team had an E Bush Lake Swagger and was disrespectful because of their success - something you posted, even though not one of the compliments/comments about the success of the team came from an 02 parent. Then obviously the team couldn't compete in the 14U Tier 1 National Tournament, basically because, in your words, "Yes they beat a very good MAP team, but still a Minnesota MAP team". However, that was still a Minnesota MAP team that happened to be 1 to 2 years older and one that had a few National Campers on it. A team which beat an STE team that was also very good, with some National Camper on it as well.

Now you state it would be great for this team to go out and mop up on the Tier 1 teams out East and then come home and struggle, all to show whoever you are thinking of (maybe parents of the 02 team), that Minnesota is where the show is. So what is it Inigo? What level of play and what level of struggle, would this team, not any other team, have to have, to make Minnesota hockey the show in your mind?

The coaches have spent a lot of time communicating with the top 02 teams from across Canada and the United States. Each have agreed to sign up for these travel tournaments. These are teams we already played and are tops in their region at the 02 level. It will be a huge challenge for this team, yet it will be a great experience for the players. Hopefully they represent Minnesota well in each of the travel tournaments and then come home and represent Minnesota well in each home tournament.
jg2112

Post by jg2112 »

massalsa wrote:
jg2112 wrote:02 O/S Elite Selects 3 - Mounds View (with S. Brodt) 0 yesterday in Richfield.
Did Moundsview have their regular Varsity goalie playing? She is impressive every time I see her play...one of the best 01 goalies around.

Nice result for MachineOS regardless.
Yes, she was in goal. More proof of a fine result.
zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver »

The coaches have spent a lot of time communicating with the top 02 teams from across Canada and the United States. Each have agreed to sign up for these travel tournaments. These are teams we already played and are tops in their region at the 02 level. It will be a huge challenge for this team, yet it will be a great experience for the players. Hopefully they represent Minnesota well in each of the travel tournaments and then come home and represent Minnesota well in each home tournament.

Just out of Curiosity how much do you pay on top of the Os fee?
InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya »

NORTHWOODS HOCKEY wrote:
InigoMontoya wrote:
NORTHWOODS HOCKEY wrote: It always warms my heart when people hope/wish for bad things to happen to others.
Who is wishing?
What is bad?
First, we should have never played in a 12U tournament last year, because the quality of play was way below the teams level and apparently the team was trophy chasing. Then the team moves up and wins a 14U Minnesota Tier 1 AAA tournament, as a 12U eligible team, and apparently the team isn't very good, as they played down to the other teams level, amongst many other things pointed out. Then the team was getting cocky by moving up to play at the 16U level, because they barely won at the 14U level. After a good showing at the 16U level, it was obviously the team had an E Bush Lake Swagger and was disrespectful because of their success - something you posted, even though not one of the compliments/comments about the success of the team came from an 02 parent. Then obviously the team couldn't compete in the 14U Tier 1 National Tournament, basically because, in your words, "Yes they beat a very good MAP team, but still a Minnesota MAP team". However, that was still a Minnesota MAP team that happened to be 1 to 2 years older and one that had a few National Campers on it. A team which beat an STE team that was also very good, with some National Camper on it as well.

Now you state it would be great for this team to go out and mop up on the Tier 1 teams out East and then come home and struggle, all to show whoever you are thinking of (maybe parents of the 02 team), that Minnesota is where the show is. So what is it Inigo? What level of play and what level of struggle, would this team, not any other team, have to have, to make Minnesota hockey the show in your mind?

Wow, where to start? First, maybe I'm missing it, but wasn't this thread started by a parent? Also, in your order: yes, there were many 'trophy chaser' posts last year, I posted several times in defense. I'm pretty sure I was appreciative of the EBL swagger, but it wasn't describing the girls, rather the parents - specifically the posts on this thread; I didn't say anyone was being disrespectful, just cautioned, and it had nothing to do with the girls or their success, but the posts that were sliding toward an insinuation that these are the only 30 quality hockey players. I didn't see anyone post that this team wouldn't compete at nationals, though there were several questions about it being a slam dunk that they'd win it. The question about MAP (and STE, though they weren't mentioned) isn't whether there are good players on the team, there certainly are - it is whether a win over that team proved a national championship. The whomever I am thinking of is the teams out east and in Canada. Not just specifically this team - all MN teams that go to Boston, Toronto, Italy, Sweden, etc.; and when they return, they play just as well, but meet a high caliber of competition right here and have to work really hard to win.

I like watching these kids play; I like watching them succeed; I like watching kids playing on other local teams during the summer that have the potential be successful, as well.
zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver »

I think that Inigo's rapier like wit sometimes strikes a nerve. I know he did with me also this week. Let's remember that in the end we are talking about kids playing a game.
NORTHWOODS HOCKEY

InigoMontoya wrote:
NORTHWOODS HOCKEY wrote:
InigoMontoya wrote: Who is wishing?
What is bad?

Wow, where to start? First, maybe I'm missing it, but wasn't this thread started by a parent? Also, in your order: yes, there were many 'trophy chaser' posts last year, I posted several times in defense. I'm pretty sure I was appreciative of the EBL swagger, but it wasn't describing the girls, rather the parents - specifically the posts on this thread; I didn't say anyone was being disrespectful, just cautioned, and it had nothing to do with the girls or their success, but the posts that were sliding toward an insinuation that these are the only 30 quality hockey players. I didn't see anyone post that this team wouldn't compete at nationals, though there were several questions about it being a slam dunk that they'd win it. The question about MAP (and STE, though they weren't mentioned) isn't whether there are good players on the team, there certainly are - it is whether a win over that team proved a national championship. The whomever I am thinking of is the teams out east and in Canada. Not just specifically this team - all MN teams that go to Boston, Toronto, Italy, Sweden, etc.; and when they return, they play just as well, but meet a high caliber of competition right here and have to work really hard to win.

I like watching these kids play; I like watching them succeed; I like watching kids playing on other local teams during the summer that have the potential be successful, as well.
You certainly have a well thought out, passive aggressive style to your posts.

Yes, this was started by an 02 parent as a continued conversation from another post. However, the Tier one conversation within this post, was started by an OS 01 parent and followed up by an 03 parent and then others followed up, of which were obviously not 02 parents. As far as I know, there are only two OS 02 parents on this forum (I am thinking the rest, the ones with deep pockets, have better things to do). I know I certainly did not, and I don't believe HD20 ever said it would be a "slam dunk". I will let HD20 speak for himself, but I believe he was defending that accusation that they couldn't compete. I do realize he stated they would have a chance to win, but I don't think the words "slam dunk" were ever used. I also know, that I have never posted anything to do with the team having all the top 02 players wrapped up, so the EBL swagger and the caution of disrespect, was misguided, at least in this particular post. I am not going to go back and read all the posts again, but I think your MAP comment followed a response to the teams ability to compete. Maybe it was meant for a previous post.

I am always eager to point out the quality of hockey and quality players we have here. I think some may forget that the 02 team is made up of Minnesota players, from all around the area - many different associations, a few different HS teams and even a few Choice league players (yes ZD, they roster a goalie from Chicago as well, but also 3 within the state). But for the most part, these players represent Minnesota hockey and I am not sure why people are so quick to scrutinize - well I know why, I am just not of that mold, so I don't understand the need.
zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver »

One of the things that we should all agree to is that we are talking about really good hockey players but that is all they are right now. They haven't really done anything yet. We as parents are all looking for the best way to further our kids development and passion for the game. I have taken a lot of heat on this board for Jumping associations. I don't deny it results from hard lessons learned with my older kids. Our job as parents is to give our children every opportunity we can to fuel their passion for the game then get out of the way. One of the observations I have made this year is everyone of the 02 kids is passionate about the game and they love to play. let's just leave it at that.
HockeyDude20

Post by HockeyDude20 »

zambonidriver wrote:One of the things that we should all agree to is that we are talking about really good hockey players but that is all they are right now. They haven't really done anything yet. We as parents are all looking for the best way to further our kids development and passion for the game. I have taken a lot of heat on this board for Jumping associations. I don't deny it results from hard lessons learned with my older kids. Our job as parents is to give our children every opportunity we can to fuel their passion for the game then get out of the way. One of the observations I have made this year is everyone of the 02 kids is passionate about the game and they love to play. let's just leave it at that.
ZD, is it time for me to tee up Kumbaya?! Just let me know when.

IM, nowhere did I, or anyone else for that matter, ever state that the National Championship would be a "slam dunk". A poster said that the 02 team had "no chance". I simply stated that we would have "a shot" and presented some facts for each reader to draw their own conclusion. Nowhere has it ever been stated that we have ALL of the best 02 skaters in MN. There are many that are not on the team. Do we have the best "group" of 02s in MN? I think the answer is "yes" and it would be hard to argue against that. Now a lot of that is a function of the success of the team. The success is a byproduct of the talent, dedication, and hard work put in by the girls. And that simply attracts more top talent. It is no different for the 01 Jr. White Caps, the MN 03s, or the old Team Reebok.

For the sake of argument it is human nature for people to spin things in such a way that it favors their position. By the way, I love The Princess Bride.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JGp7Meg42U
zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver »

HD 20 don't cue it up yet.
I will give as group they probably are at the top, but is that because of talent or system. I believe some of one and a lot of the other. Split those kids up and put them with other kids and we will see. I have seen enough festivals where the 02's look like every other player. HP Duluth, The true elite player makes the other people around them better and they have an impact on whatever team they are on. That is yet to be determined with all of the 02 kids. Whether they play for the elite's or somebody else.
HockeyDude20

Post by HockeyDude20 »

zambonidriver wrote:HD 20 don't cue it up yet.
I will give as group they probably are at the top, but is that because of talent or system. I believe some of one and a lot of the other. Split those kids up and put them with other kids and we will see. I have seen enough festivals where the 02's look like every other player. HP Duluth, The true elite player makes the other people around them better and they have an impact on whatever team they are on. That is yet to be determined with all of the 02 kids. Whether they play for the elite's or somebody else.
So the team success is more a function of the systems taught and ran than that of the talent, hard work, and dedication of the girls? I mean, I don't want to put words in your mouth but that is what I took away from your statement. Please elaborate and/or clarify.

Your statement in that "I have seen enough festivals where the 02's look like every other player" is almost laughable and takes away ALL the credit that each girl on the team deserves. Here are more facts. I like facts. Facts are indisputable.

At HP Spring Festival:

D3- 02 Os girls accounted for 22% of the roster and 55% of the offensive prodcution (G and A)
D5- 11% of the roster, 20% of the production
D6- 50% of the roster, 48% of the production
D8- 11% of the roster, 25% of the production
D10- 17% of the roster, 18% of the production

At MN Selects/St. Cloud:

South- 60% of the roster, 81% of the production
West- 67% of the roster, 77% of the production
East- 13% of the roster, 25% of the production

Districts and regions omitted simply means there were no 02 Os girls on that roster. As you can see, ZD, with the exception of D6 at HP the 02 Os girls contributed at a higher rate than the non 02 Os girls at the festivals that you have watched...and watched...and watched and have come to conclude that when taken out of the 02 Os systems they are no better than anyone else.

Kumbaya has been put back in the vault!!!
massalsa

Post by massalsa »

I am somewhere between HD20 and ZD on this particular squad. I am not an elite hockey mind but feel like I have some experience in sports in general and also have seen a decent sample size of games from U12 to Peewee to HS Girls and HS Boys in hockey and also in other sports.

There are clearly some elite level girls on the 02 team and a ton of those girls will be D1 studs. Almost all girls will be super contributors on their HS team's in the near future.

I have not seen the current MachineOS Elite practice but think that Jungels and the coaching staff has taken some of the best practices (sp?) from the Machine teams and combined them with other in my mind great principles in any game (especially hockey/soccer/lacrosse/basketball). This combo with many of the most talented kids at the 2002 age has made them a team that is to the best of my knowledge the top U.S. 2002 team and possibly the top team in North America (and then obviously the world). If not the top then they have to be top 3-5.

Here is what I believe that they have done extremely well:

Younger Machine teams in the past (and also all winter MM teams) work on skating and stick handling every single practice for varied amounts of time. I was able to see a practice for the 2000 Machine (Bowlby) a couple of years ago and they took the first 10 minutes or so and went end to end working on edges and varied stick handling moves forward and backwards. Almost every kid on that team can skate and handle the puck at a high level.

They have the most relentless forecheck I have seen at almost any level. Creating pressure by forcing teams to make fast decisions (some good and way more bad) creates tons of opportunities and lots of chances to steal the puck or create scoring opportunities. I would guess that is one of the ways that they destroy other 2002 teams and also give teams like Moundsview and other older teams fits. They are relentless pests to opposing D's.

They are 4 lines of F and 3 lines of D and the coaching staff is constantly looking at effort on the ice and also appears to be insistent on short, super hard shifts. It is a constant issue with lots of teams at most every level on shift time. I am guessing that there is data somewhere or if it could be tracked at levels lower than professionally that would show how many more goals are scored at the back end of long or extra long shifts by the team that is scored upon (did that make ANY sense?).

They are not as a whole amazing shooters (yet). There are a couple of girls that can rip the games that I have seen have not had many goals that were "wow" type shots. Tips, rebounds, goalie screens, traffic in front, and breakaways seem to be how they score when I have watched.

They have way above average goalies/goaltending.

One thing that they do not do well IMO (yet...) is move the puck forward thru the neutral zone (again, my opinion). They might be great against other 2002 teams at doing this. I have just seen a limited sample size here in Spring League. There is still a fair amount of passing the puck from the D to a F and then them skating it up and into zone rather than stretching the ice (and opposing D) by hard passes to other girls further down the ice and across the rink. It is the 3rd or 4th pass out of the zone that does this in my mind. Hitting the girl who might have a better angle to exploit the opposing D or might have more speed than the puck handler. This has been something that in the few games that I have seen parts of against the 01's (JWCD) is noticeable between the teams. This might be the result of most of the JWCD girls playing Varsity last year and most of the MachineOS playing U15 & U12 (where many of them just skated it up a lot of the time). When they start to do this their game will get EVEN BETTER in my mind.

They are a great team and I hope that they pound the rest of the top teams in Chicago/Toronto/Boston/wherever.
HockeyDude20

Post by HockeyDude20 »

massalsa wrote:I am somewhere between HD20 and ZD on this particular squad. I am not an elite hockey mind but feel like I have some experience in sports in general and also have seen a decent sample size of games from U12 to Peewee to HS Girls and HS Boys in hockey and also in other sports.

There are clearly some elite level girls on the 02 team and a ton of those girls will be D1 studs. Almost all girls will be super contributors on their HS team's in the near future.

I have not seen the current MachineOS Elite practice but think that Jungels and the coaching staff has taken some of the best practices (sp?) from the Machine teams and combined them with other in my mind great principles in any game (especially hockey/soccer/lacrosse/basketball). This combo with many of the most talented kids at the 2002 age has made them a team that is to the best of my knowledge the top U.S. 2002 team and possibly the top team in North America (and then obviously the world). If not the top then they have to be top 3-5.

Here is what I believe that they have done extremely well:

Younger Machine teams in the past (and also all winter MM teams) work on skating and stick handling every single practice for varied amounts of time. I was able to see a practice for the 2000 Machine (Bowlby) a couple of years ago and they took the first 10 minutes or so and went end to end working on edges and varied stick handling moves forward and backwards. Almost every kid on that team can skate and handle the puck at a high level.

They have the most relentless forecheck I have seen at almost any level. Creating pressure by forcing teams to make fast decisions (some good and way more bad) creates tons of opportunities and lots of chances to steal the puck or create scoring opportunities. I would guess that is one of the ways that they destroy other 2002 teams and also give teams like Moundsview and other older teams fits. They are relentless pests to opposing D's.

They are 4 lines of F and 3 lines of D and the coaching staff is constantly looking at effort on the ice and also appears to be insistent on short, super hard shifts. It is a constant issue with lots of teams at most every level on shift time. I am guessing that there is data somewhere or if it could be tracked at levels lower than professionally that would show how many more goals are scored at the back end of long or extra long shifts by the team that is scored upon (did that make ANY sense?).

They are not as a whole amazing shooters (yet). There are a couple of girls that can rip the games that I have seen have not had many goals that were "wow" type shots. Tips, rebounds, goalie screens, traffic in front, and breakaways seem to be how they score when I have watched.

They have way above average goalies/goaltending.

One thing that they do not do well IMO (yet...) is move the puck forward thru the neutral zone (again, my opinion). They might be great against other 2002 teams at doing this. I have just seen a limited sample size here in Spring League. There is still a fair amount of passing the puck from the D to a F and then them skating it up and into zone rather than stretching the ice (and opposing D) by hard passes to other girls further down the ice and across the rink. It is the 3rd or 4th pass out of the zone that does this in my mind. Hitting the girl who might have a better angle to exploit the opposing D or might have more speed than the puck handler. This has been something that in the few games that I have seen parts of against the 01's (JWCD) is noticeable between the teams. This might be the result of most of the JWCD girls playing Varsity last year and most of the MachineOS playing U15 & U12 (where many of them just skated it up a lot of the time). When they start to do this their game will get EVEN BETTER in my mind.

They are a great team and I hope that they pound the rest of the top teams in Chicago/Toronto/Boston/wherever.
Great commentary. An opinion backed up with evidence to support it! Good stuff. And pretty spot on.
Mavs

Post by Mavs »

I think ZD is saying this "relentless forecheck" is the "system" he refers to. Maybe he is talking a defensive structure too, not sure.

This system is executed by talented players (HD20 is stating) which everyone should agree.

I don't think they need to apologize for their relentless forecheck.

Do the Mounds View kids run a system or just throw the puck out and play pond hockey? I have no idea.