02 Os (formerly machine orange 02) played 01/02 Os today....

Discussion of Minnesota Girls Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

HockeyDude20

02 Os (formerly machine orange 02) played 01/02 Os today....

Post by HockeyDude20 »

Well, the day finally came where the two teams played each other. Anyone care to guess the outcome? If anyone cares besides me and zambonidriver...
Last edited by HockeyDude20 on Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
massalsa

Re: 02 Os (formerly machine orange 02) played 01/02 Os today

Post by massalsa »

HockeyDude20 wrote:Well, the day finally came where the two teams played each other. Anyone care to guess the outcome?
I hope they beat them (not that I wished for that to be the case). They (the 02 Machine'OS) should destroy them when you look at the talent that they have on that team and the coaching/systems that they run. As stated many times prior they are coached extremely well and are a very talented group of girls.
jg2112

Post by jg2112 »

Well, the 02 Elite Selects did beat the 01/02 Selects team. I believe it was 5-1.

The 02 team is just unrelenting in their forecheck, and they adhere to short shifts which wears out other teams. The 01/02s couldn't handle it. Zamboni's daughter was great in goal, but some of the shots were just unstoppable.

When I left Braemar this morning, the 02 Elites were beating "Team-MN White" (the MN 03s) 4-0 after 2 periods in a fun, competitive game to watch.
HockeyDude20

Post by HockeyDude20 »

You know, this board is just not the same without ZD. Where'd you go? We miss you. The fun is gone.

Gone but not forgotten...zambonidriver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqlF6zKluAc
massalsa

Post by massalsa »

How do you expect the 01/02 team to compete with the 02 select elite Machine'OS?

Is it true that they have 30 or so kids on the squad? Is it safe to assume that they have MOST of the top 02's (at least those in the metro area)? I hope so when they roster so many of the top kids...

There really is no way that any other teams with mostly 02's or younger should be able to compete with top talent, great systems based coaching, and the pressure cooker environment of having to essentially tryout every practice and game.
HockeyDude20

Post by HockeyDude20 »

massalsa, is that a rhetorical question or is that directed at ZD? He asserted all along that he expected the 01/02 team to beat the 02 team. I might be mistaken but I think most of the girls on the 01/02 team are 01s. Someone correct me if I am wrong. ZD was so confident he went so far as to throw down the "loser leaves town" wager.
goaliedad31

Post by goaliedad31 »

Not all the top 02's chose to play with the Machine Elite OS team. There is other top 02 talent in the metro that choose to play elsewhere. That said, the '02 team plays very well together and having 25 rostered makes sure their bench is never short.
NORTHWOODS HOCKEY

Post by NORTHWOODS HOCKEY »

goaliedad31 wrote:Not all the top 02's chose to play with the Machine Elite OS team. There is other top 02 talent in the metro that choose to play elsewhere. That said, the '02 team plays very well together and having 25 rostered makes sure their bench is never short.
sounds a lot like something ZD would post to me.
massalsa

Post by massalsa »

Rhetorical HD20. That was a foolish bet/statement in my opinion by ZD. You can see that the 01/02 squad has some nice players (so do the 03's) but the combo platter of stuff (mostly good & some bad) that the Machine'OS have is tough to beat. I have no idea how many 01's they have on that team. I saw at least 1 of the kids from ZD's list of players was playing for the JWCD team (the majority of the kids on that team were playing as 01 Selects last year) this weekend.

I have heard from a couple of different people that know a fair amount about hockey that 2001 is a weaker year than 2000 and 2002. Who knows if that is the case.

GD31, I have heard that the 02 OS Elite Selects roster at least 30 or more kids. That is a LOT of "Elite" 2002 talent the OS Elite Selects Jungles have essentially locked up and taken off the market so to speak. If you have 20-25 kids that are 2001's on the JWCD team (from a weaker year?) and 30+ kids that are 2002's on two different teams not called 01/02 Os you are going to have somewhat of a diluted talent pool for any remaining teams within 60 minutes of the metro area.
Mavs

Post by Mavs »

Zero surprise the Machine/Elite/OS team won but I am a little surprised by the score.
HockeyDude20

Post by HockeyDude20 »

Mavs wrote:Zero surprise the Machine/Elite/OS team won but I am a little surprised by the score.
Mavs, are you surprised it was that close?! Kidding...
Mavs

Post by Mavs »

HockeyDude20 wrote:
Mavs wrote:Zero surprise the Machine/Elite/OS team won but I am a little surprised by the score.
Mavs, are you surprised it was that close?! Kidding...
:D :shock:
InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya »

I have heard that the 02 OS Elite Selects roster at least 30 or more kids. That is a LOT of "Elite" 2002 talent the OS Elite Selects Jungles have essentially locked up and taken off the market so to speak. If you have 20-25 kids that are 2001's on the JWCD team (from a weaker year?) and 30+ kids that are 2002's on two different teams not called 01/02 Os you are going to have somewhat of a diluted talent pool for any remaining teams within 60 minutes of the metro area.
Gotta love the blanket statements about the top 20 to 30 girls are all on the same team, so the rest of summer hockey is left with a bunch of hacks and benders.
Lace'emUp

Post by Lace'emUp »

massalsa wrote:GD31, I have heard that the 02 OS Elite Selects roster at least 30 or more kids. That is a LOT of "Elite" 2002 talent the OS Elite Selects Jungles have essentially locked up and taken off the market so to speak. If you have 20-25 kids that are 2001's on the JWCD team (from a weaker year?) and 30+ kids that are 2002's on two different teams not called 01/02 Os you are going to have somewhat of a diluted talent pool for any remaining teams within 60 minutes of the metro area.
I'm on the outside looking in, and though I know Winny and Os run a great program, but why would 20-25 kids want to try and fight for time on the 2001 team? Where's the playing time for girls who are not in the top 15? Regarding the 30+ kids who are 2002, are all 30 very high end so that they can have 2 equal teams? Or is there an upper and lower team? Or, do they have one team with a lot of 2nd tier practice players who might fill in on the tournament teams from time to time? Please define the make-up of these teams - just trying to sort these teams out.

Whatever the case might, the point for signing up for summer club team or training is that you're hoping your kid is having fun, and is getting the best possible coaching for the amount of money you're willing to spend.

Though I doubt they have all the top talent "locked-down", I would be willing to bet each team has 3 or 4 forwards who do most of the scoring, 2-3 very good defenseman, and a good goalie. The rest of the players are role players. No different than any other top AAA team - they just have better players than most other teams. The list of players who travel to Boston will tell us for the most part who their top players are.

How would these Os teams fair against the 01/02 Blades team?
What's the list of tournaments these teams will participate in this spring/summer? It would be fun to watch a game or two.
Also, if these teams set up scrimmages with the Blades, Capitols, Young Americans, Mission, or some other top-top teams, please let the board know where and when. I'd be more willing to watch that rather than blow-outs at the Meltdown (or wherever).
jg2112

Post by jg2112 »

Lace'emUp wrote:
massalsa wrote:GD31, I have heard that the 02 OS Elite Selects roster at least 30 or more kids. That is a LOT of "Elite" 2002 talent the OS Elite Selects Jungles have essentially locked up and taken off the market so to speak. If you have 20-25 kids that are 2001's on the JWCD team (from a weaker year?) and 30+ kids that are 2002's on two different teams not called 01/02 Os you are going to have somewhat of a diluted talent pool for any remaining teams within 60 minutes of the metro area.
I'm on the outside looking in, and though I know Winny and Os run a great program, but why would 20-25 kids want to try and fight for time on the 2001 team? Where's the playing time for girls who are not in the top 15? Regarding the 30+ kids who are 2002, are all 30 very high end so that they can have 2 equal teams? Or is there an upper and lower team? Or, do they have one team with a lot of 2nd tier practice players who might fill in on the tournament teams from time to time? Please define the make-up of these teams - just trying to sort these teams out.

Whatever the case might, the point for signing up for summer club team or training is that you're hoping your kid is having fun, and is getting the best possible coaching for the amount of money you're willing to spend.

Though I doubt they have all the top talent "locked-down", I would be willing to bet each team has 3 or 4 forwards who do most of the scoring, 2-3 very good defenseman, and a good goalie. The rest of the players are role players. No different than any other top AAA team - they just have better players than most other teams. The list of players who travel to Boston will tell us for the most part who their top players are.

What's the list of tournaments these teams will participate in this spring/summer? It would be fun to watch a game or two.
Also, if these teams set up scrimmages with the Blades, Capitols, Young Americans, Mission, or some other top-top teams, please let the board know where and when. I'd be more willing to watch that rather than blow-outs at the Meltdown (or wherever).
The O/S Jungels team is playing an O/S Spring League game on 3/29 at 7:00 in New Hope against "Moundsview," which is mostly a group of gals who played varsity last year for the Mustangs. Keep in mind the nucleus of the MV squad will be juniors this fall (Quam, A. Brodt, Robert, etc.), while the Jungels team is all 8th and 9th graders to be save the younger Jungels.
massalsa

Post by massalsa »

Lace'emUp wrote:

They do not have "all" of the 02 talent locked up but quite frankly most of it.

They would smoke the 01/02 Blades team (my opinion). They have beaten every single 02 team they have played in North America. They have lost to a couple but beaten them at least 1x. I think they probably would win the Tier 1 U14 Natl Championship if they could play in it (assuming 2001s would not be U14). They are a great team. Capitols, Mission, YA's...no problem.

Might be an interesting game against Moundsview but would not be surprised if they beat them.
nu2hockey

Post by nu2hockey »

massalsa wrote:
Lace'emUp wrote:

They would smoke the 01/02 Blades team (my opinion). They have beaten every single 02 team they have played in North America. They have lost to a couple but beaten them at least 1x. I think they probably would win the Tier 1 U14 Natl Championship if they could play in it (assuming 2001s would not be U14). They are a great team. Capitols, Mission, YA's...no problem.

Might be an interesting game against Moundsview but would not be surprised if they beat them.
O1 and 02 are u14 this year..
Though they are a good team, they would NOT win the U14 Tier 1 title. Go to Blaine and watch the 3 levels of Tier 1 girls hockey..the U16 and U19 will open your eyes to what girls hockey can be..You will have a blast watching these teams...Just don't let the entry fee scare you off..it's $40 for the weekend pass which is ridiculous. .
Lace'emUp

Post by Lace'emUp »

nu2hockey wrote:
massalsa wrote:
Lace'emUp wrote:

Though they are a good team, they would NOT win the U14 Tier 1 title. Go to Blaine and watch the 3 levels of Tier 1 girls hockey..the U16 and U19 will open your eyes to what girls hockey can be..You will have a blast watching these teams...Just don't let the entry fee scare you off..it's $40 for the weekend pass which is ridiculous. .
I would agree with you on the U16 and U19 tier 1. I've seen enough games last fall and this spring between the Elite teams, including SSM, and that's a totally different level of hockey. I remember watching the Elite Black U19 playing SSM last fall at Forgery, and it was D1 hockey on the ice. Look at the Black roster. Pretty insane. Bowlby, Brodt, Norby, Snodgrass, Steffen are all USA Hockey girls, and the rest are D1 commitments except one who is D3.
http://www.hselitehockey.com/roster/sho ... son=165724

The U16 Gray and U19 White team is pretty awesome team too. These 01 & 02 girls will be apart of that soon, and you will see for yourself. As for the scenario if they were to play U14 tier 1 this year, it would've been interesting. MNH is introducing that for next year, so the 02 will have a crack at it a year from now. If this group of girls is truly the best of the best, where they have the top 5-6 forwards in the state, and top 3-4 defensemen, and top goalie, then yes, they probably could have a good chance to win the USAH Tier 1 championship. Are there 01 and/or 02 rosters posted anywhere?
jg2112

Post by jg2112 »

Lace'emUp wrote:
nu2hockey wrote:
massalsa wrote: They do not have "all" of the 02 talent locked up but quite frankly most of it.

I would agree with you on the U16 and U19 tier 1. I've seen enough games last fall and this spring between the Elite teams, including SSM, and that's a totally different level of hockey. I remember watching the Elite Black U19 playing SSM last fall at Forgery, and it was D1 hockey on the ice. Look at the Black roster. Pretty insane. Bowlby, Brodt, Norby, Snodgrass, Steffen are all USA Hockey girls, and the rest are D1 commitments except one who is D3.
http://www.hselitehockey.com/roster/sho ... son=165724

The U16 Gray and U19 White team is pretty awesome team too. These 01 & 02 girls will be apart of that soon, and you will see for yourself. As for the scenario if they were to play U14 tier 1 this year, it would've been interesting. MNH is introducing that for next year, so the 02 will have a crack at it a year from now. If this group of girls is truly the best of the best, where they have the top 5-6 forwards in the state, and top 3-4 defensemen, and top goalie, then yes, they probably could have a good chance to win the USAH Tier 1 championship. Are there 01 and/or 02 rosters posted anywhere?
If you are asking about the 02 Jungels team, here is their roster from last year's Meltdown (playing as the 02 Machine Orange):

http://assets.ngin.com/attachments/docu ... mpbell.pdf

They've added Chorske this year, who has been a quality addition.
HockeyDude20

Post by HockeyDude20 »

Here is what the 02 OsMachine team looks like for the upcoming season:

1. Albrecht, Lakeville South 12UA 2. Bayless, Tonka 15UA Black 3. Bourgerie, NWC 15UA 4. Bowlby, Edina Green 15A 5. Chorske, Edina Green 12A 6. Fisher, Lakeville North JV 7. Guilday, Tonka Black 12A 8. Habisch, Buffalo Black 15A 9. Hackley, Wayzata Blue 15A 10. Halverson, Edina Green 12A 11. G. HEndrickson, Edina Green 12A 12. L. Hendrickson, Edina Green 12A 13. T. Jungels, Edina Green 15A 14. V. Jungels, Edina Green 12A 15. Langseth, EP Varsity 16. Lemke, NWC 15A 17. Little, Andover 15A 18. Malone, Armstrong Varsity 19. Maloney, Lakeville South Varsity 20. Martin, Tonka Black 15A 21. Martinson, Apple Valley Varsity 22. McNeil, Shakopee 12A 23. Melz, Tonka Black 15A 24. Nicholson, Tonka Black 15A 25. Parent, Choice League 26. Qualley, Andover 15A 27. Skelton, Cambridge Varsity 28. Swingle, St. Cloud Varsity 29. Urban, Wayzata Blue 15A 30. Ziemer, Chaska/Chan 12A.

30 skaters. Goalies are Gilgosch from Centennial, LaRose from NWC, and Spring from Chicago area.
HuskiesHockey

Post by HuskiesHockey »

Nu2hockey

With all due respect, they wouldn't compete for a U14 national championship?!? Are you serious? I mean by your name I guess you're not over stating your background but this group is not a typical AAA team with some high end girls and a bottom that they have to hide. This is a an all star 2002 group that would beat almost any 2001 team. You think a tier 1 u14 tournament would open their eyes??? I think tier 1 u14 would have their eyes opened by this group. Who are you watching that has made you blind to this kind of talent? These are most of the best 02's in Minnesota and you're talking about them like they're just another AAA team
Trying to get by. You are not knowledgeable about the topic if yo don't realize how good this group is. They would beat any 01 team other than an all star 01 team which I haven't yet seen. The 02 Selects people are being kind to you out of modesty but you have no idea what you're talking about.
Mavs

Post by Mavs »

If you don't think they would compete for a National Title this year at U14 then how about next year? If they are all 2002 then they would still be able to play U14 next year and certainly be a top team. Legit for sure.
InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya »

Last year they lost to an MAP team, but this year they'd win a national championship?
NORTHWOODS HOCKEY

Post by NORTHWOODS HOCKEY »

InigoMontoya wrote:Last year they lost to an MAP team, but this year they'd win a national championship?
A very good MAP team, that had a number of 2000's and some very good 01's on it. And if you go back and look, the 02's came back to beat that same MAP team later in the tournament. Shots were something like 42 to 19 in favor of the 02's.

I am not saying the 02's would win a National title at all. What I will say though, is that I don't believe anyone on the 02 team, is there, so they are able to say that they could win or even compete for a national title.

The training is extremely good, the competition is intense and the practices are run at a very high level. A level that many HS coaches would love to be able to run practices at - trust me. The players are there for those reasons and tournaments are a way to evaluate progress and development.
InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya »

I'm sure the MAP team was filled with quality players, but unless that team was also a title contender...