What we learned after week 1?

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

moosepaw

What we learned after week 1?

Post by moosepaw »

Rosemount is for real.

Wayazata could be a sleeper.

Orono can play.

Gentry are clicking their red shoes heels three time and wishing they are going back to A.

Luverne loses to New Ulm?

We know that Edina can take long road trips get in some sight seeing and still get it done, with some impressive scores. This was the first time many of these kids saw Duluth, they thought it was the ocean.

My team Holy Family is a contender this year!
jg2112

Re: What we learned after week 1?

Post by jg2112 »

I think the biggest news of the season has just occurred: Vivian Jungels switched her commitment to Wisconsin.
Eagles93

Post by Eagles93 »

moosepaw wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:36 pm Rosemount is for real.

Wayazata could be a sleeper.

Orono can play.

Gentry are clicking their red shoes heels three time and wishing they are going back to A.

Luverne loses to New Ulm?

We know that Edina can take long road trips get in some sight seeing and still get it done, with some impressive scores. This was the first time many of these kids saw Duluth, they thought it was the ocean.

My team Holy Family is a contender this year!
Agreed, Rosemount looks for real. Three tough opponents right out of the gate. Tuttle could be a sleeper for Ms. Hockey, she's fun to watch.

Let's revisit Wayzata after their next 3-5 games. Good win against Hill, though.

I'd like to see HF play more of a team game before we consider them a threat to Tonka in 2AA.

Northfield might be the story of the year so far. Three good wins, with a very young roster. Can they represent 1AA at state?
girlshockey4ever

Post by girlshockey4ever »

Slow Down Moosepaw. We've heard this before.

"Our head coach said we will win state in 2 years, we will beat Minnetonka this year. We don’t play Minnetonka during the regular season but will see them in the section final." Moosepaw 9-2-20
moosepaw

Post by moosepaw »

We are on year 2 right now.
Eagles93

Post by Eagles93 »

Rogers, after a 4-0 start, outshoots Edina but falls in overtime 3-2. Is Rogers a threat in 5AA?

Wayzata with a nice win over Benilde, Lavender's stats are crazy. (5-0, 0.80, .958)

Tuttle now with 3 overtime winners, Rosemount 4-0.