1/14 game results

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

slowD

1/14 game results

Post by slowD »

Anyone have a first hand account on the Breck vs Chisago Lakes game? I would consider it a bit of an upset? Any other interesting things happen last night? Anyone see P/H's schedule? Seems a little on the mild side?
j4241

Re: 1/14 game results

Post by j4241 »

Maybe a mild one. Breck certainly deserved the benefit of the doubt as the defending champ, but Chisago is legit. Breck probably out-chanced Chisago, but really only scored one nice goal (first one was very flukey). Chisago scored three solid goals. I have to confess to being surprised that a recruiting driven private school with 4 Gopher commits is losing to A teams. If you're a Gopher fan, you have to be excited about Ava Lindsay, though - she looked very good.
jg2112

Post by jg2112 »

Yeah, Chisago beating Breck isn't an upset based on the rosters. The 5A final will be most interesting.

Stillwater 8 - Forest Lake 1 was a bit of a surprise, but the Ponies have been recruiting well and keeping their stars away from private schools. The 4AA final will be a doozy this year.
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

j4241 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:09 pm Maybe a mild one. Breck certainly deserved the benefit of the doubt as the defending champ, but Chisago is legit. Breck probably out-chanced Chisago, but really only scored one nice goal (first one was very flukey). Chisago scored three solid goals. I have to confess to being surprised that a recruiting driven private school with 4 Gopher commits is losing to A teams. If you're a Gopher fan, you have to be excited about Ava Lindsay, though - she looked very good.
But it was Chisago's Jenna Lawry, a UMD recruit, who stole the show, scoring all three of their goals for the hat trick.
j4241

Post by j4241 »

You’re absolutely right - she was fantastic and is a great player.