Light at the end of the tunnel?

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

PhunnsieMcHockeyDad

Light at the end of the tunnel?

Post by PhunnsieMcHockeyDad »

Hoping this plays out as planned.... https://www.startribune.com/mshsl-propo ... 573255051/
jg2112

Re: Light at the end of the tunnel?

Post by jg2112 »

Surely news to be optimistic about.

My hope is that there is a buffer between Christmas and the start of practice. Maybe January 11th is reasonable? The idea of kids going to rinks and then to their families over the holidays is a bit concerning. One more surge of infections in January and the winter sports season will likely be cancelled. That is completely separate from the issue regarding death projections we're now starting to hear about for the rest of the year.

We're so close to a vaccine, and yet the infection / death rates are horrific, and I feel so terrible for the health care workers who will have to suffer this for the next month or two. The way they've been treated is unconscionable.

I took a look at the Department of Health numbers that I followed quite a bit in the fall before most public school students were sent home. As of today, there is only one county in the State (Cook) that the Department would recommend less than 100% distance learning for students. Only 2 other counties are below 100 cases per day, per 14 day rolling period.