NAHA

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

moosepaw

NAHA

Post by moosepaw »

Please post any updates on NAHA this weekend.
moosepaw

Re: NAHA

Post by moosepaw »

This situation reminds me of the song "Mama I'm coming home" by Ozzy Osbourne
HockeyonFire

Post by HockeyonFire »

What happened?? Why are the Minnesota teams not playing?
Thoen88

Post by Thoen88 »

Team from Boston, which did not get an invite into the tournament, filed a complaint with NAHA for allowing a Minnesota team in because of COVID-19 and the fact that Minnesota is considered a "red state" with its COVID cases/numbers, etc. Somebody from either the CDC or the MDH (Massachusetts Department of Health) was notified about it and then the MN teams were notified they would not be allowed to play. Players showed up at the rink this morning, but again were told they would not be allowed to play. A little curious considering Little Cesear's is playing and they have Wisconsin kids on their roster and Wisconsin, too, is considered a "red state" in regard to COVID. My daughter is not out there, but we have family friends out there and we spoke to them this morning to find out what's what.
moosepaw

Post by moosepaw »

I'm not sure but I've talked to a couple of the HF parents and they said Randy cant believe it. We have a bunch of HF girls out there're it was going to be a big weekend for us showcasing our program.
bodyup88

Post by bodyup88 »

Never underestimate some people's ability to screw things up.
moosepaw

Post by moosepaw »

I hope you don’t mean Randy? My kid would run through a paper sign at the start of a football game for him. He’s truly a cutting edge coach all the promoting on social media, building the program from nothing, calling coaches on our girls behalf. Rumor I keep hearing that he is in line D1 job probably top 5 coaches in the MSHSL.
jg2112

Post by jg2112 »

moosepaw wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:14 am I hope you don’t mean Randy? My kid would run through a paper sign at the start of a football game for him. He’s truly a cutting edge coach all the promoting on social media, building the program from nothing, calling coaches on our girls behalf. Rumor I keep hearing that he is in line D1 job probably top 5 coaches in the MSHSL.
All that is well and good. Traveling to Connecticut without following the health mandates during a pandemic (both his team and the U16s) is what the prior poster is referring to.

It's unfortunate, I guess, that 35 families lost their money and time on this, given Minnesota has been a "red state" for COVID in Connecticut since July 28 (Wisconsin even longer than that). But that's life.
massalsa

Post by massalsa »

moosepaw wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:14 am I hope you don’t mean Randy? My kid would run through a paper sign at the start of a football game for him. He’s truly a cutting edge coach all the promoting on social media, building the program from nothing, calling coaches on our girls behalf. Rumor I keep hearing that he is in line D1 job probably top 5 coaches in the MSHSL.
Wow. Are you Randy?

I hope whomever brought this team out there looked at the extensive rules for traveling in all of those states in the NE (NY-MA-VT-NH-ME). They are very upfront with their travel/quarantine guidelines. Girls who are playing college out there this school year needed to test (and prove test) within 72 hours of arriving in state and all kids traveling to some schools need to test immediately when on campus too. I have heard of up to 14 day quarantines for some kids from states outside the NE. I believe that U of VT student athletes from here had a 2 tiered quarantine, as individuals for some period of time and then as a team.

Too bad for those girls and families. It has to be super disappointing and frustrating to have taken that time and cost to make that trip.
bodyup88

Post by bodyup88 »

Any more updates from NAHA?