Blake vs Hill Murray

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Well Driller

Blake vs Hill Murray

Post by Well Driller »

Any predictions for this one?
jg2112

Re: Blake vs Hill Murray

Post by jg2112 »

4-4 tie.

Cameranesi and Brandt, after coaching regulation, play 1 v 1 the entire overtime period and skate to a draw.
Thoen88

Post by Thoen88 »

5-1 Blake.
gshockeyfan1

Post by gshockeyfan1 »

hm loses third consecutive game..possible running time
massalsa

Post by massalsa »

jg2112 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:09 am 4-4 tie.

Cameranesi and Brandt, after coaching regulation, play 1 v 1 the entire overtime period and skate to a draw.
Good stuff! /\ /\

The games this weekend for several of the top 10+ teams will definitely give a better idea of who is where so far this season.
- Which Blake shows up against Hill and then EP? The one that gave up 3 goals in 5 shots in the 3rd period or the one that hit a goalie stick knob and a couple posts in the 1st period?
- EP hung 8 on New Prague (0-3) last night but has a tie vs MG and an OT win vs the Nerd
- Skipper vs Husky! Who outscores who!?! Looks to be a phenomenal early season matchup of high powered teams that very well could be matched up in the state tourney again.
- Lourdes vs Breck saturday...possible state tourney matchup early in the season. Both are heavy favorites to make it to Xcel.
- Duluth & Proctor/H-town vs Hornet. Will the Hornet win both games by 10+ with a shutout in net? Possible...

Just thought that i should check out sotagirls to see if they already posted...yes they did! But I did my thoughts above prior. We will call the top of my post Pre - Sota and the rest is Post - Sota.

- Nerd vs FLAKE is a good matchup for both. I think that FLAKE is gonna be ready...but I am going to disagree with Sota. FLAKE has not underachieved as they do not have a tough schedule. The Nerd does...year in and year out they play tough games. FLAKE has 3 or 4 a regular season and Nerd might have 2x that. This game is going to come down to goaltending. Sawyer was great vs Blake and her friend(s) the posts, crossbar, and handle were clutch along with her. Goehner is solid with 2 way above average defenders in front of her...should be a fun game to watch!

Farmington is not your standard 0-2 team. Will they show up against an even better than many thought Crimson or will Crimson keep rolling?!?

Girls hockey rocks...should be a fun weekend to watch in person and on twitter/Hub/here!!!
Well Driller

Post by Well Driller »

2-2 tie. Must have been a good battle.

Any other thoughts on the Proctor / Edina game? Not sure this will get to 10+ differential, but Edina will definitely win this one.

Blake / EP? This should be a great game. I may be going against the grain, but I see a 4-2 EP win.
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

Well Driller wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:18 am Any other thoughts on the Proctor / Edina game? Not sure this will get to 10+ differential, but Edina will definitely win this one.
Considering that Edina barely scraped by Duluth (9-0) I don't think they'll have too much trouble with P/H. That said, I do think P/H will be able to surpass Duluth's total shots on goal (1 in the 3rd period). :roll:
massalsa

Post by massalsa »

Well Driller wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:18 am 2-2 tie. Must have been a good battle.

Any other thoughts on the Proctor / Edina game? Not sure this will get to 10+ differential, but Edina will definitely win this one.

Blake / EP? This should be a great game. I may be going against the grain, but I see a 4-2 EP win.
Game available for free here:
https://www.prepspotlight.tv/MSHSL

I think that the announcer (no idea who he is but did a great job) had it right when he was talking at about the 1:53 point of the broadcast. Blake had 11 shots on goal in the first 2 periods when rolling 3 lines of F and 3 lines of D. About the last 5 minutes of the 3rd and the OT they were rolling with an occasional 3rd line of F and 2 lines of D. The 3 top senior forwards were all centering different lines for most of the game til late in the 3rd. Then it was Wethington/Burton/Delianedis, Broz/Higuchi/Morrison and Kasica/Gage/other. The pace was elevated from that point on in the game. Shots were 8-0 Blake in the OT.