Friday Night Lights

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

j4241

Friday Night Lights

Post by j4241 »

Some big games on the docket:

Blake - Wayzata
A marquee early matchup with section seeding implications. Wayzata has always played Blake tough, and this should be no exception. Blake’s offense led by the super seniors is off the charts, but 6 goals against to CDH and SPU raise questions.
5-4 Blake

Minnetonka - Roseau
Tonka has been rolling, but they face a tougher test. Will they give up a goal this year? Probably. Roseau is being thrown into the deep end to open their season, against a top 5 team that’s already played two games.
4-1 Tonka

Andover - Benilde
Can the Red Knights follow up the Breck upset by slaying another dragon? Yes, but not this one. Andover is fast, physical, disciplined and skilled - not many teams will be capable of beating them this year.
3-1 Andover
j4241

Re: Friday Night Lights

Post by j4241 »

Thoughts?
Thoen88

Post by Thoen88 »

Gonna go with Blake 6-2. That top line is the best in the state. Scary good.

Tonka gives up nothing, i'll go 3-0 Skippers.

Will abstain from the Miracle Gold/Machine reunion game, but maybe not having Melsness in the lineup tonight due to the Messner hit Tuesday would not help the hosts. Hope the wind stays away, the ROC is like a wind tunnel.
Well Driller

Post by Well Driller »

3 really good games. Could go either way.

I like Blake, Minnetonka and Andover. I tend to agree that Blake's offense is not as powerful as it's been described. Minnetonka seems to have a very good team, but this will be a good test. As for Andover, the test will be getting a good jump on the Benilde defense. They appear to be a very solid core and the goaltending is equally reliable. Should be some very good hockey at all of these games.
j4241

Post by j4241 »

Who are you agreeing with that Blake’s offense is “not as powerful as it’s been described” - yourself?
Well Driller

Post by Well Driller »

No. I was agreeing with you. I inadvertently typed offense and when I meant defense. Wow.
j4241

Post by j4241 »

Ah - my bad - came at you a bit hot for a typo. Sorry about that!