best JGB players

Discussion of Jr Gold (HS Aged Teams Sanctioned by USA Hockey)

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

burnsvillesbeast v2

best JGB players

Post by burnsvillesbeast v2 »

who are the guys to look out for this year?
Cake eater

Post by Cake eater »

i caught a bit of a bville game and number 14 is outstanding.

i heard he scored 11 goals in the rochester tournament?
is that true?
Mermaid Man

Post by Mermaid Man »

Number 10 and number 18 are gonna lead Wayzata Gold to a state title baby!!!
dh8

Post by dh8 »

Cake eater wrote:i caught a bit of a bville game and number 14 is outstanding.

is that true?
He was really good and number 12 I think it was on bville is small but has really nice hands
B Dubs

Post by B Dubs »

number 14 from burnsville isnt even that good
5 hole sniper

Post by 5 hole sniper »

dh8 wrote:

is that true?
He was really good and number 12 I think it was on bville is small but has really nice hands
ill back you up on that one D-ROCk
aljrgb

Post by aljrgb »

5 hole sniper wrote:
dh8 wrote:

is that true?
ill back you up on that one D-ROCk
whats up boys!!! i would agree 14 and 12 were both good on burnsville there whole team is pretty solid cheap and mouthy but they know how to play some puck....
aljrgb

Post by aljrgb »

rochester number 15 is definitaly a solid player great hands good speen and can snipe but dont get noticed cause the rest of the team aint that great!
Cake eater

Post by Cake eater »

B Dubs wrote:number 14 from burnsville isnt even that good
dude he will destroy you. he had 11 goals in three games.
Cake eater

Post by Cake eater »

He was really good and number 12 I think it was on bville is small but has really nice hands[/quote]

number twelve is one of their biggest guys and has horrible hands you prob got the wrong guy. its prob 20 8 4 or 5 your thinking of
Mermaid Man

Post by Mermaid Man »

Cake eater wrote:
We will see how many goals he gets agains wayzata gold's amazing defense and goalies. They are up to their old tricks again giving up only 3 goals in their first five games. If 14 can score a hat-trick against that i will be impressed.
Mr.Penalty

Post by Mr.Penalty »

burnsville...please setlle down you still have a long ways to go before state
shutout30

Post by shutout30 »

Mermaid Man wrote:
Cake eater wrote:
We will see how many goals he gets agains wayzata gold's amazing defense and goalies. They are up to their old tricks again giving up only 3 goals in their first five games. If 14 can score a hat-trick against that i will be impressed.
I'd be surprised if he gets a goal in the game facing one of the best goalies in the state for JGB.
dh8

Post by dh8 »

Cake eater wrote:He was really good and number 12 I think it was on bville is small but has really nice hands
number twelve is one of their biggest guys and has horrible hands you prob got the wrong guy. its prob 20 8 4 or 5 your thinking of[/quote]

Yeah sorry I must have the wrong guy I thought it was him, probably 20 I was thinking of
studmuffin88

Post by studmuffin88 »

those burnsville kids were ok. they had a few little guys with good hands but their D were slow. they are overrated though. not worth a number five rank in state right now
burnsvillesbeast v2

Post by burnsvillesbeast v2 »

studmuffin88 wrote:those burnsville kids were ok. they had a few little guys with good hands but their D were slow. they are overrated though. not worth a number five rank in state right now
we beat edina green twice and we were missing alot of guys?
Mermaid Man

Post by Mermaid Man »

burnsvillesbeast v2 wrote:
studmuffin88 wrote:those burnsville kids were ok. they had a few little guys with good hands but their D were slow. they are overrated though. not worth a number five rank in state right now
but you didn't beat wayzata gold
Cake eater

Post by Cake eater »

Mermaid Man wrote:
burnsvillesbeast v2 wrote:
but you didn't beat wayzata gold
he was just saying we beat the number 2 team twice chill
studmuffin88

Post by studmuffin88 »

no offense to edina but it doesn't really make sense when we beat them and we are still ranked behind them. and the same for woodbury. cause they beat us. so should the rankings go more in the order of Woodbury, STA, Edina? does anyone else think these rankings are kinda messed up?
davinci

Post by davinci »

[quote="studmuffin88"]no offense to edina but it doesn't really make sense when we beat them and we are still ranked behind them. and the same for woodbury. cause they beat us. so should the rankings go more in the order of Woodbury, STA, Edina? does anyone else think these rankings are kinda messed up?[/quote

One win does not make a Ranking. How about a teams record over the course of the season thus far. Strength of schedule etcetera. Also a 1-1 tie to Rosemount does not help your ranking #38.
ghost7

Post by ghost7 »

#15 from rochester could be one of the best in the state. He has gotten numerous looks from junior B teams along with an invite to tryout witth the MN Ice Hawks next season.
studmuffin88

Post by studmuffin88 »

davinci wrote:
studmuffin88 wrote:no offense to edina but it doesn't really make sense when we beat them and we are still ranked behind them. and the same for woodbury. cause they beat us. so should the rankings go more in the order of Woodbury, STA, Edina? does anyone else think these rankings are kinda messed up?[/quote

One win does not make a Ranking. How about a teams record over the course of the season thus far. Strength of schedule etcetera. Also a 1-1 tie to Rosemount does not help your ranking #38.
yes you are right. more than just one win does contribute to a ranking. but for one the rosmemount game was after the ranking. two, if you are ahead of someone in the rankings that means that at that point in the season you are better than them. so therefore the order should be as listed above. okay so edina may have a harder schedule, i'll give them that, but when you look at the straight up facts of the STA vs. Edina game, Edina lost. not saying they are a bad team. just saying that right now edina isn't better than STA.
Plankton

Post by Plankton »

what would your rankings be?
studmuffin88

Post by studmuffin88 »

1) wayzeta gold 2)woodbury 3)white bear orange 4)roseville 5/6/7)St. Thomas,edina white,burnsville

i haven't seen white bear or roseville this year but they play in a tough league with alot of competition so i'm estimating they should be pretty well rounded. i think the five six and seven could prolly go 5=burnsville 6=st.thomas 7=edina. the burnsville team will have alot of difficulties with a fast team if they play one. they can play reall well when they play slow teams but their defensmen are not quick enough to keep up with speedsters. the edina team is better than alot of teams and should be prolly three or four but the only reason i would put them lower is simply because of the schwanns cup. if they beat a couple more respectable teams then they should easily be able to crawl back up into the three or four spot. wayzeta/woodbury are the top two teams right now. this list can easily change dramatically after the high quality and high powered tournament this coming up weekend in edina.
Mermaid Man

Post by Mermaid Man »

with all the stuff that the NSP kids have been saying i would have thought you would have put them up in your top rankings. Guess not :lol: