STA vs. CDH

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

CDH or STA?

CDH
49%
STA
51%

Total votes: 70

ocanadaourhome

HockeyMom my ..............

Post by ocanadaourhome »

HockeyMom123 wrote:Tartan Game Crandell 12 tartan goalie 35

I think Mulhally is a nephew to the coach.

Also week STA conference- good for yearly stats.
Helllllllooo HockeyMom? Busted kid. Nice cover though. Weak is in reference to not strong, Week is generally 7 days. Please take three of the "Yes I am bitter" pills and call me in the morning. Now lighten up and enjoy the holidays.
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

Well, sometimes the work week is only 5 days...
minyhocky

Post by minyhocky »

Hshockeywatcher, how is marshall not any competition? you dont know jack about what your talking about, you can' fathom the fact that STA lost this game big and got outplayed. They lost 6-2 but you say that other than the first period STA outplayed Cretin, so if they outplayed them why did they not win?? Thats 2 games now this year that STA has been down 3-0 at the end of the first period. They had a good 2nd and 3rd period against marshall and tied them. so other than the first period in the Cretin game they outplayed them?? so howecome Cretin got 3 more goals and STA only got two. STA should NOT be ranked #1 in class A, and im not saying Marshall should be, the #1 ranked team should not be giving up 3 goals in the first period and they should be able to capitolize on their chances and from what i hear they didn;t in the CRetin game.
Nash61

Post by Nash61 »

STA came out in the 2nd period and got all the momentum. It would've been a whole different game if number 7 for STA, I think his name is seinko, had scored on that 2 on 1 making it a 3-2 game early in 2nd period. Hause just came up big on that play.
HShockeywatcher

minyhock seems to really have a grudge or something. Probably an angry raider fan, well not much of a fan because he wasn't at the game and seems to not have watched it. You can't base everything off the box score.

Where you even at the Marshall game? Doesn't sound like it. And I explained how you can be the dominant team and not come out on top. Happens in college and to the Wild all the time. The wild are not a huge offensive team. They have dominated in shots 2-1 or 3-1 before and lost by a goal. Others were watching with me and were really surprised.

You can't find one time in my posts where I was putting down Cretin or praising St Thomas, because that isn't the case. The team that played worse lost.
pondhockey225

Post by pondhockey225 »

Wow... the game is over
HShockeywatcher

Very true. We should never discuss things that have happened in the past. :idea:
minyhocky

Post by minyhocky »

why would i be mad if i was a raider fan?? i would be happy right now becuase they just beat a rival.. but i am not a CDH fan. and yes i was at the dM/STA game.but i do have a grudge with you because whenever an STA game doesn't go the way you want it you make excuses. Like the Dm sta game. their goalie was not their the first period and marshall got 3 goals off him. so after the game you say that the reason they tied was because their goalie wasn;t playing in the first. not just the goalie wasn't playing the whole team wasn't, they let up two short handed goals. you can't pin all that on the goalie and say that he should have stopped them, they never should have happened. MArshall deffinitaly outplayed sta in the first, and sta outplayed marshall in the second, the third no one really had. sta got a goal, both teams had many chances and marshall had alot more but sta's goalie stepped it up and played very well in the2nd and 3rd. from a previous post of yours you said that if you didn't want like the first ten minutes of the game that you would agree marshall didn't have a chance. thats bs. sta's goalie is the reason they won the game, not lost it, he got down early and got hot late. STA's defense seem's to not be on track. how many break away's did marshall have in the 3rd and OT? quite a few. I know i just ranbled on a lot and you probably won't care much. but it bugs me when you makes excuses when they play bad and say it was their goalies fight they didn't win and that it was their defense's fault they lost. they win as a team and lost as a team.
goalieguy1

Post by goalieguy1 »

Minyhocky - You hit it right on the head earlier when you said HShockeywatcher doesn't know what he's talking about...This clown may be the worst - and dumbest - poster on the board. Just a few examples:

-- On a different thread, he tried to explain how STA was going to play the 6A champion in the first round of the state tournament. He doesn't even know that the tournament is seeded and that the pairings aren't yet set, but he shoots his mouth off anyway.

-- Again, on another thread, he wrote "Are there really penalty shots in high school hockey? How do you get a penalty shot? I went and asked my neighbor how a penalty shot happens." That really sounds like a knowledgeable hockey fan, doesn't it?

-- On this thread, he wrote that STA "only played one game so far with any competition," referring to their Tartan game. That's after they tied Marshall 4-4...and in their second game they were tied 1-1 with Red Wing with about 8 minutes to play, and ended up winning 2-1. I guess that wasn't "any competition."

And you have to love how he throws in "per say," trying to sound smart, when it's spelled "per se." He probably doesn't even know that it's Latin, or what it means, but it doesn't keep him from trying to use it in a sentence.

Bottom line: He's a know-nothing who can't be taken seriously. A chimp with a keyboard could give us as many insights.
HShockeywatcher

Hmmm, I'm willing to agree to disagree if you are.

But just like the Vikings' offense is the reason they lost on Friday, St Thomas' defense is the reason they lost on Saturday. Plain and simple.

As for the Marshall game, not sure what to say you can agree on. But I truly believe that if Crandall had to make those saves today he would've made at least 2 out of 3 of them. Not all his fault, the D was also no where to be found. As for dominating the game, I hold my opinion as is. You can be the dominant team and lose.
topshelf10

HShockeywatcher

Post by topshelf10 »

give it up dude, you make st. thomas and their fans look bad...
Cristo

Post by Cristo »

minyhocky wrote:Hshockeywatcher, how is marshall not any competition? you dont know jack about what your talking about, you can' fathom the fact that STA lost this game big and got outplayed. They lost 6-2 but you say that other than the first period STA outplayed Cretin, so if they outplayed them why did they not win?? Thats 2 games now this year that STA has been down 3-0 at the end of the first period. They had a good 2nd and 3rd period against marshall and tied them. so other than the first period in the Cretin game they outplayed them?? so howecome Cretin got 3 more goals and STA only got two. STA should NOT be ranked #1 in class A, and im not saying Marshall should be, the #1 ranked team should not be giving up 3 goals in the first period and they should be able to capitolize on their chances and from what i hear they didn;t in the CRetin game.
Attributing the talent of a team based on one game, bold statement shooter. That said, I do not think this year's STA team is or will be better than '06. The collection of rookies is promising of their future, yes, but it also seems to hinder their performance in big games. If the issue is not tended to soon it could discomfort their playoff run.
jackstraw

sta

Post by jackstraw »

Didn't 21 transfer to the Cadet's? Sure seemed to be in the way quite a bit out there. Didn't they have enough depth going into the season?
minyhocky

Post by minyhocky »

hshockywatcher, the bottom line is that Crandall seems to be having his difficulties and their D does too. twice this season they have let up 3 goals in the first period, good thing they have a good offense. Crandall is inconsistant and so is their D, they are not the best team in class A. Maybe if you gave their goalie another chance to save the shots he didn't, he would save them, but that doesn't mean sqwat. he didn't make the saves when he needed too. St. Thomas's offense holds this team together and if their goalie and defense can't get it together they will not make it to state
HShockeywatcher

Hmmm, it just makes me laugh how much all people come on here and do is slander other people. I remember one thread where all people did was say that goalieman wasn't qualified to comment on anything and all he's doing is slandering me.

-On the MSHSL website, they have the brackets for state and they have that 3A and 6A will play each other. They have since changed it. After I said that, I also learned that it in fact will be seeded and corrected myself.
-Personally I have never seen penalty shots in high school. I have also seen many instances like where they were called in the pros and just a penalty was given. There are no ties in high school hockey, but there are in the pros. Sorry I don't know every difference, that's why I ask.
-As I have commented numerous times there is much more to a game than the box score. In my humble opinion the team that played St Thomas the first game of the season was not the better team on the ice, at all. Sorry for giving my opinion.
-Instead of being a jerk, you could politely tell me it's per se, and now I know, thank you.

From what I know yes, James Saintey, who has at least 8 pts with at least 5 being goals, possibly # 5 on the team in pts is a transfer.
(I say at least because maxpreps is sparse on some info)
schwang17

STA-Cretin

Post by schwang17 »

From watching it on TV, it was a very even game play wise, but STA's youth and inexperience(coughing up the puck many times) showed when it was all said and done. Cretin's goalie was a big reason this game wasn't closer(he stopped 6-7 very good chances and 2 or 3 when Cretin was on the power play). STA looked better when they were short handed.
HShockeywatcher

I noticed that too. How is that? Why would a team be better with less guys on the ice?

Would that mean maybe when there's 4 guys they are thinking defense, but when there's 5 they aren't focusing as much on defense? Just a thought.
HockeyMom123

Helllllloooooo

Post by HockeyMom123 »

Helllllllooooooo ocanadaourhome

took my 2 pills- good guess on the kid:) Not.......
HShockeywatcher

I have a serious question I'm wondering if anyone knows. In the last 34 meetings between St Thomas and Cretin, St Thomas is 30-3-1 with the three loses coming this year and last year. 3, 4 and 5 years ago St Thomas had a total of 10 wins from the three years combined. Did the two teams take a break from playing each other and just start again when St Thomas acquired Cretin's coaches, or did St Thomas just get a little luck against Cretin those years, or what's the history?

Thanks
HockeyMom123

Post by HockeyMom123 »

You may want to check your stats.

St. Thomas is not 30-3-1 vs Cretin. The Vanellis came from Cretin how many years ago? Have they beat Cretin since arriving?

Cretin beats up on STA in almost every sport.
ocanadaourhome

Post by ocanadaourhome »

HockeyMom123 wrote:You may want to check your stats.

St. Thomas is not 30-3-1 vs Cretin. The Vanellis came from Cretin how many years ago? Have they beat Cretin since arriving?

Cretin beats up on STA in almost every sport.
Thank you for sharing Mrs. Zim......... :wink:
dangles07

Post by dangles07 »

the vannellis began coaching st thomas in the 03-04 season.
HShockeywatcher

Hockeymom, all you've done since you started with you log in name was bash St Thomas. I thought it was crazy too, but that's what they posted during the 1st intermission of the game on FSN. Actually it was 30-2-1, but Cretin beat St Thomas, so I changed it. So, where am I wrong? I was just curious about the history, because St Thomas hasn't been good much.

As for beating up on St Thomas in every sport, you must not follow much. Baseball Cretin has 9 times out of ten. Basketball is a toss up every year and usually a good game. Football Cretin has been the recent times they've played but St Thomas is dominating in history. Of the 4 "main sports" people go to Cretin has been doing better in the last 5 years. But that's only about 25% of sports. Cretin gets rocked in just about all others by St Thomas.
Zeke16

Post by Zeke16 »

HS, where are you getting your stats??? St. Thomas 30-3-1 vs cretin in hockey??? what?? That is not even close. Cretin pummeled STA before Vanelli arrived and have continued since. CDH gets pounded in all other sports?? What the hell are you talking about?
whatdidyousay

Post by whatdidyousay »

HSHOCKEYWATCHER....do we even care about the other sports?? what are those...swimming and soccer?? those are the only two other sports if you count wrestling...becasue you have no GIRLS at your school...so we cant count those sports :lol: