Hearing Tony Sarsland resigned today

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

inyourhead

Hearing Tony Sarsland resigned today

Post by inyourhead »

Anyone know if its true?
nortstar52

Post by nortstar52 »

That will shorten the 7AA seeding meeting by 1 hour less of whinning :roll:
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

I thought I saw him @ the FL-WBL game last night.
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

I would be beyond shocked it this were true.
YouTube.com/BarbellMedicine
nortstar52

Post by nortstar52 »

Maybe you misunderstood and he re-signed a new contract?
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

I heard from a credible source that something is definitely up over in Elk River. Haven't got full details yet.
YouTube.com/BarbellMedicine
royalhockey999

Post by royalhockey999 »

Also just got confirmation.....true story!

Can't wait to hear the details on this one.
MyFOXHockey

Post by MyFOXHockey »

Just talked to AD Mike Cunningham who stated "Not prepared to talk about it at this time." Will follow up within the hour.
Hscout000

Post by Hscout000 »

Wow, never would have imagined this.
no5hole

Post by no5hole »

Must had been taking his first loss ever to Andover hard..... and then loses a second time to them in the same season must have been the tipping point.
nortstar52

Post by nortstar52 »

no5hole wrote:Must had been taking his first loss ever to Andover hard..... and then loses a second time to them in the same season must have been the tipping point.
the golf course pencil that he pencilled himself into the #2 seed after the fluke win over GR didn't have an eraser to put them back at #4 or 5 where they should be.
Bronc

Post by Bronc »

nortstar52 wrote:
no5hole wrote:Must had been taking his first loss ever to Andover hard..... and then loses a second time to them in the same season must have been the tipping point.
the golf course pencil that he pencilled himself into the #2 seed after the fluke win over GR didn't have an eraser to put them back at #4 or 5 where they should be.
If it does turn out to be true, hopefully everyone takes the high road and not act inappropriately to take shots at a storied program and career.
Stars67

Post by Stars67 »

I hope this has nothing to do with BROOMSTICKS.... :lol:
Bronc

Post by Bronc »

Stars67 wrote:I hope this has nothing to do with BROOMSTICKS.... :lol:
So much for expecting people to act appropriately and take the high road.

Hopefully this storied program and Coach are doing ok and just a rumor.

If not would be nice to see everyone else on this board, news, etc act appropriate.

Stars67 demonstrates it most likely won't happen.
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

Bronc wrote:
Stars67 wrote:I hope this has nothing to do with BROOMSTICKS.... :lol:
So much for expecting people to act appropriately and take the high road.

Hopefully this storied program and Coach are doing ok and just a rumor.

If not would be nice to see everyone else on this board, news, etc act appropriate.

Stars67 demonstrates it most likely won't happen.

How the H _ _ _ does that remotely resemble not "acting appropriately" ? Just said he wouldn't like to see a witch hunt - maybe you would ?
Last edited by SPUDNUT on Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rudy

here is the latest

Post by rudy »

bubblehockey27

Re: here is the latest

Post by bubblehockey27 »

Investigation, eh? Anyone know details?
"Virtual high five to chest bump" (MP)
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

I hope it is NOT something that will tarnish.[program]
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

old goalie85 wrote:I hope it is NOT something that will tarnish.[program]
Not a good sign whenever a coach resigns while an investigation is still in process.
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

You know, over the year's I've grown to like Tony. Not necessarily his program, but the guy had a certain color to how he acted. His standing up in front of the Duluth School Board in support of Mike Randolph at his reinstatement hearing (the first one in 2003, not the one in 2004 which was successful) spoke volumes about the man.

I would also caution people against any bashing, cheap shots, etc. toward Tony. I know how this can devolve (as it has many times).

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
edgeless2

Post by edgeless2 »

east hockey wrote:You know, over the year's I've grown to like Tony. Not necessarily his program, but the guy had a certain color to how he acted. His standing up in front of the Duluth School Board in support of Mike Randolph at his reinstatement hearing (the first one in 2003, not the one in 2004 which was successful) spoke volumes about the man.

I would also caution people against any bashing, cheap shots, etc. toward Tony. I know how this can devolve (as it has many times).

Lee
Second poster to come to his defense and nobody really knows what he did if anything. I'll admit the circumstances are suspicious with an active investigation in progress. Lets all hope for the best and withhold judgements until the facts are revealed. The school will have to address this sooner rather than later and I am sure local news will be all over it.
headsup

Post by headsup »

The good: I always looked forward to ER games because you knew you were in for a tough, physical game. TS was the Bobby Knight of the NWSC which also provided some entertainment for your admission.

The bad: TS was the Bobby Knight of ER. Under the microscope for the past couple years.

I won't go into detail, but I'm very confident he is done (by choice or not).

Although it might be early in the process - for the kids sake - the real question is who steps in?
HawkeyPower

Post by HawkeyPower »

edgeless2 wrote:
east hockey wrote:You know, over the year's I've grown to like Tony. Not necessarily his program, but the guy had a certain color to how he acted. His standing up in front of the Duluth School Board in support of Mike Randolph at his reinstatement hearing (the first one in 2003, not the one in 2004 which was successful) spoke volumes about the man.

Lee
Second poster to come to his defense and nobody really knows what he did if anything. I'll admit the circumstances are suspicious with an active investigation in progress. Lets all hope for the best and withhold judgements until the facts are revealed. The school will have to address this sooner rather than later and I am sure local news will be all over it.
Because of the Teachers Union the school may not be able to say anything at all in this matter. There is a confidentiality in the process and end result. But there always seems to be someone who has to talk about it and the news will leak. Besides the parents and kids of Elk River its really no one else's business.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Sarsland was one of the more interesting coaching personalities in the state. His record speaks for itself, and his teams always played a tough brand of hockey, whatever their talent level. On the flip side, his intensity got him into trouble more than once.

We should probably wait until after the investigation before we make a final judgment. I hope the Elk River program can move forward without this being a distraction.

The Hub did a great interview with him late last year; it began as a routine postgame story but turned into Tony going off on a 10-15 minute discourse on his coaching philosophy. I've been searching for it but can't find it anywhere. It'd be a pity if it were lost, because it was definitely one of the more enlightening interviews they've done.
slyer

Post by slyer »

hard to believe this late in the season, is it health related