Hibbing @ Grand Rapids 02/06/12

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

Grand Rapids
67%
Hibbing
33%

Total votes: 18

rainier

Hibbing @ Grand Rapids 02/06/12

Post by rainier »

Any chance of a letdown after the big win over Moorhead? Will the return of Adam Johnson boost Hibbing to a big upset? Or is Rapids hitting their stride just in time for the postseason?

I'm going 4-3 Hibbing in OT.
butterball5

Post by butterball5 »

GR 6-2
PASTRAPIDSFAN

Post by PASTRAPIDSFAN »

Rapids by 3
Bigcat99

Post by Bigcat99 »

GR 3 - AJ 1 :)
It is what it is!
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Rapids 5-2.
rainier

Post by rainier »

3-2 Hibbing after 1
rainier

Post by rainier »

3-2 Hibbing after 2
rainier

Re: Hibbing @ Grand Rapids 02/06/12

Post by rainier »

rainier wrote:Any chance of a letdown after the big win over Moorhead? Will the return of Adam Johnson boost Hibbing to a big upset? Or is Rapids hitting their stride just in time for the postseason?

Hibbing wins 4-3 in OT! Too bad Vegas wasn't taking bets for this game.
CB00

Post by CB00 »

Bueller, Bueller, anyone, Bueller :D

Rapids most over rated team this year. Losing to a single A team. Now that's funny...
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

rainier wrote:
rainier wrote:Any chance of a letdown after the big win over Moorhead? Will the return of Adam Johnson boost Hibbing to a big upset? Or is Rapids hitting their stride just in time for the postseason?

How did Adam Johnson do? What about Bischoff? Wow, this rapids team is a roller coaster!!
Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 »

So...big win over Rapids followed by a bad loss over Hibbing. Back to the 4 seed? :)
rainier

Post by rainier »

Sats81 wrote:
rainier wrote:

How did Adam Johnson do? What about Bischoff? Wow, this rapids team is a roller coaster!!
Johnson had one assist, Bischoff had the game tying goal in the third. Both goalies gave up one weak goal each, but other than that is sounded like they were solid.
Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 »

Rollercoaster? There best wins are Roseau, Warroad, Moorhead, D. Marshall, and Bemidji. Maybe they should be class A :)

In all seriousness they are apparently an average team that has 1 solid win on the schedule.

They will have their shot in sections to show if they are for real. Thats when it matters!
greenway1969

Post by greenway1969 »

Looks like Hibbing is making their annual end of the season run and will challenge Marshall for a trip to the Excel. At this rate, Rapid will have to step up just to get by their first opponent (Cloquet?) in the Sections. A quality AA school should not lose a home game to an A opponent at this point of the season. I hope this game is not indicative of how Rapids will play in the Sections.
MHGr8ness

Post by MHGr8ness »

I think Rapids should have won this game, but ease up. Hibbing isn't bad. They'll likely be a 2 seed in one of the tougher class A sections.
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

Tigers33 wrote:Rollercoaster? There best wins are Roseau, Warroad, Moorhead, D. Marshall, and Bemidji. Maybe they should be class A :)

In all seriousness they are apparently an average team that has 1 solid win on the schedule.

They will have their shot in sections to show if they are for real. Thats when it matters!
If Rapids is an average team, then Elk River belongs at the bantam b2 level.
YouTube.com/BarbellMedicine
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

TheHockeyDJ wrote:
Tigers33 wrote:Rollercoaster? There best wins are Roseau, Warroad, Moorhead, D. Marshall, and Bemidji. Maybe they should be class A :)

Did Elk River and GR play this season? If they did, who won and what was the score?
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

Elk River's whole season result is not good. Yes, they beat Rapids, but Elk River is still a 4 or 5 seed. Loss to Anoka, pathetic.
YouTube.com/BarbellMedicine
rainier

Post by rainier »

MHGr8ness wrote:I think Rapids should have won this game, but ease up. Hibbing isn't bad. They'll likely be a 2 seed in one of the tougher class A sections.
I agree, now that Hibbing is healthy and their goaltending has stabilized, they are as good as any team outside of the Big 3 in Class A. Take 3 top skaters off ER and I bet Hibbing beats them too.

Rapids will be healthy and angry when playoffs roll around and the only team I see beating them would be Duluth East. Too bad that matchup is looking like it will be in the semis, but maybe the coaches will surprise us all.
CB00

Post by CB00 »

mulefarm wrote:
TheHockeyDJ wrote:

Did Elk River and GR play this season? If they did, who won and what was the score?
ER 3. GR 2. Bueller , Bueller, rapidsrapids, anyone
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

rainier wrote:
MHGr8ness wrote:I think Rapids should have won this game, but ease up. Hibbing isn't bad. They'll likely be a 2 seed in one of the tougher class A sections.
I agree, now that Hibbing is healthy and their goaltending has stabilized, they are as good as any team outside of the Big 3 in Class A. Take 3 top skaters off ER and I bet Hibbing beats them too.

Rapids will be healthy and angry when playoffs roll around and the only team I see beating them would be Duluth East. Too bad that matchup is looking like it will be in the semis, but maybe the coaches will surprise us all.
More excuses!