7AA Seedings

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

nortstar52

Post by nortstar52 »

north_bear wrote:Question: Does purchasing a ticket at Amsoil get you both games?
Yes
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

north_bear wrote:Question: Does purchasing a ticket at Amsoil get you both games?
Note: All tickets are general admission. To reserve the seats you want for game 2, probably a good idea to be at the gate at 9:00 a.m. to get in and get em first. Especially if game 1 is East vs. Cloquet, gonna be packed!
YouTube.com/BarbellMedicine
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Predictions for Tuesday's quarterfinals:

East 11, St Francis 1
Andover 6, St Michael-Albertville 0
Grand Rapids 6, Forest Lake 3
Elk River 3, Cloquet 2

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
nortstar52

Post by nortstar52 »

east 10 st francis 0
andover 4 st. michael 2
gr 4 fl 3
cloq 2 er 1
DuluthMMA

Post by DuluthMMA »

wow, what happened to Cambridge? Quite the beating from St Francis

Gonna be a good day of hockey this saturday , cant wait
CB00

Post by CB00 »

nortstar52 wrote:east 10 st francis 0
andover 4 st. michael 2
gr 4 fl 3
cloq 2 er 1
I wouldn't be making any bets in Vegas soon :D
CB00

Post by CB00 »

nortstar52 wrote:
TheHockeyDJ wrote:Anyone know if any of the pep bands will show for the semi-finals? Would be nice to see Andover and/or Elk River bring a band. I would think East would have theirs at Amsoil for the semis. I know Rapids band will probably be at the girls state tourney. The fan turnout for these games should be really good, especially during the 3rd period of the East vs E.R. or CEC game.
Might want to make it to the semi's before you send a band. I don't think the elk river band would want to come at 10:00 am and play for cloquet :lol:
Now that's funny, I don't care who you are! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 »

Do rapids fans wish they received the 4 seed? :)
hockey59

FL vs GR

Post by hockey59 »

TheHockeyDJ wrote:Rapids had 5 players in the elite league. Back in 05-07 the top line with White, Morse, and Makinen (Hicks 05-06) scored most of the goals, 2nd and 3rd lines seemed to play tight checking defense and scored some gritty goals. This year Rapids has a much more balanced scoring attack. A lot of these players on Rapids and East met each other in the section title in bantams a couple years back and Rapids won 2-1 (major upset) due in large part to the goaltending of Hunter Sheperd.
Forest Lake 3 Grand Rapids 2

WHAT?...seriously...what happened? I'm shocked.

Attended the ER - CEC game tonight...great game which could have went either way. Esse can coach and the mere sight of those purple uniforms brought back a sick feeling. ER wins 4-3. Lakers vs Huskies won't have the same panache as GR vs Huskies...but unexpected outcomes happen.
hockeydad

Re: FL vs GR

Post by hockeydad »

hockey59 wrote:
TheHockeyDJ wrote:Rapids had 5 players in the elite league. Back in 05-07 the top line with White, Morse, and Makinen (Hicks 05-06) scored most of the goals, 2nd and 3rd lines seemed to play tight checking defense and scored some gritty goals. This year Rapids has a much more balanced scoring attack. A lot of these players on Rapids and East met each other in the section title in bantams a couple years back and Rapids won 2-1 (major upset) due in large part to the goaltending of Hunter Sheperd.
Forest Lake 3 Grand Rapids 2

WHAT?...seriously...what happened? I'm shocked.

Attended the ER - CEC game tonight...great game which could have went either way. Esse can coach and the mere sight of those purple uniforms brought back a sick feeling. ER wins 4-3. Lakers vs Huskies won't have the same panache as GR vs Huskies...but unexpected outcomes happen.
Not Lakers... Rangers vs. Huskies.
slyer

Post by slyer »

to bad they got the seedings wrong fl could have played paige skoog, guess they still can
EREmpireStrikesBack

Gotta gloat while I still can

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack »

I guess all those Grand Rapids fans that were arguing for the #2 seed were right, Elk River's win over GR really wasn't that great after all... :wink:

:idea:
Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Just got home. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gitter

Re: Gotta gloat while I still can

Post by gitter »

EREmpireStrikesBack wrote:I guess all those Grand Rapids fans that were arguing for the #2 seed were right, Elk River's win over GR really wasn't that great after all... :wink:

:idea:
Now that is funny.
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

GR was overrated all season! Now I suppose this lose is the coaches fault? Would have been better off being the 4th seed like they should have. Let's hear the excuses!
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

I too want to hear all the excuses.

Was it injuries?
Sick kids?
Bad reffing?
Flake was lucky?
Hang nails?
Wrong tape on the sticks?

Come on rapidsrapids (alias HockeyDJ). Get it out of your system!
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

BodyShots wrote:I too want to hear all the excuses.

Was it injuries?
Sick kids?
Bad reffing?
Flake was lucky?
Hang nails?

:lol:
Pioneerprideguy

Post by Pioneerprideguy »

BodyShots wrote:I too want to hear all the excuses.

Was it injuries?
Sick kids?
Bad reffing?
Flake was lucky?
Hang nails?

Don't forget the long bus ride down to Flake....ooppss, never mind. :wink:
grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 »

No excuses here.
I Give Forest Lake credit.
They did what they had to do to move on.
Syd Barrett

Re: FL vs GR

Post by Syd Barrett »

hockey59 wrote:Forest Lake 3 Grand Rapids 2
Oops, that wasn't s'pose to happen #-o
slyer

Post by slyer »

please do everyone a favor and get grand rapids out of the rankings once and for all, see what happens when you play AA teams
grindiangrad-80

slyer wrote:please do everyone a favor and get grand rapids out of the rankings once and for all, see what happens when you play AA teams
Speaking of rankings, you must of ranked very high in your class. :)
GR3343

Post by GR3343 »

No excuses. Keys to the game for GR were to get off to a fast start & keep the pressure on. They got the fast start, but only played in spurts thereafter. Keys for Flake were to slow GR down, get solid goaltending & play physical. Check, check & checkmate. It was definitely an upset, so congratulations to Flake. Since there weren't too many GR fans on here pumping up their tires, it'd be nice to see others show some class, congratulate Flake & stop with the piling on.

Side note : The injured GR player is still in the hospital in intensive care. Thoughts & prayers with him and his family.
Character is who you are when no one is watching
grindiangrad-80

Well said GR.
nortstar52

Post by nortstar52 »

playoff games anything can happen, GR was banged up with injuries and some were playing injured and 1 was injured during the game and it didn't look good. FL played hard and were more physical than GR. GR hit 3 pipes in a 4 or 5 minute span in the 3rd with nothing to show and FL wristers one from just inside the blueline hits pipe and drops in, wasn't meant to be. only scoring 2 goals isn't getting it done against a team like FL. good luck to them in the semi's coming into GR and getting a win is not easy.