Most Disappointing Teams

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

DannyCalifornia

Post by DannyCalifornia »

Totino Grace is a disappointing team to me.
They play in poss the worst conference in the state every year.
They do beat up on the bad teams in the conference for the most part, but then get bounced in the play-offs. To me it seems with the amount of talent coming in every year and the strength in numbers that they have every year they should be much better then only 4 state appearances and 1 title in 31 years. How much longer can the alum/parents/boosters put up with that? Just my opinon.
Ice Dog

Post by Ice Dog »

What ever happen to Sartell they have a huge youth program with success but I notice they have struggled at the HS level. :(

Post by 1978 »

Ice Dog wrote:What ever happen to Sartell they have a huge youth program with success but I notice they have struggled at the HS level. :(
They are a young program and they are improving. I think the last two years they had over 15 win seasons at the high school level. They have quite a bit of success at the youth level because they are in a weak district 5.
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

DannyCalifornia wrote:Totino Grace is a disappointing team to me.
They play in poss the worst conference in the state every year.
They do beat up on the bad teams in the conference for the most part, but then get bounced in the play-offs. To me it seems with the amount of talent coming in every year and the strength in numbers that they have every year they should be much better then only 4 state appearances and 1 title in 31 years. How much longer can the alum/parents/boosters put up with that? Just my opinon.
What do you want the alum/parents/boosters to do?
Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 »

Recruit better, duh!! Load up on those Blaine, Mounds View, and Centennial kids.

Recruiting works for benilde, hill, sta, duluth east :), breck, etc...why not totino?
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

Tigers33 wrote:Recruiting works for benilde, hill, sta, duluth east :), breck, etc...why not totino?
If you have a real good school you don't have to actively recruit to attract both good athletes and non-athletes...they will just want to go there for their own reasons.
Pioneerprideguy

Post by Pioneerprideguy »

I think you have to put Forest Lake near the top of that list. They have two very good players in Kohls & Franklin and a decent supporting cast. Yet, they finish 9-9 in a conference that had a down year and end up with a below .500 overall record. Not sure if it's coaching, the players, or the water there, but they just keep producing average teams there.
Liphshaye

Post by Liphshaye »

Liphshaye wrote:
Chuck Norris Fan wrote:Centennial

• I usually tend to agree with your very insightful posts, so I am curious to know what your take on centennial is? You kind of left us hanging.
What do you think chuck? Never heard back about your team being such a disappointment. And by the way, cream may rise to the top, but poop floats. Same difference.
LetsPlayHockey22

Post by LetsPlayHockey22 »

Pioneerprideguy wrote:I think you have to put Forest Lake near the top of that list. They have two very good players in Kohls & Franklin and a decent supporting cast. Yet, they finish 9-9 in a conference that had a down year and end up with a below .500 overall record. Not sure if it's coaching, the players, or the water there, but they just keep producing average teams there.
Oddly enough they haven't been able to crack the top #20 the last few years. Between 08-09/09-10 they had a handful of D1 players with Fick (Harvard) Waldoch (Air Force) Gaffy (UMD) and Moberg (Air Force) along with a few other players that were solid.
rbkhockey97

Post by rbkhockey97 »

Did we forget that Totino Grace has to go thru STA or something?
CB00

Post by CB00 »

As I posted before, Grand Rapids :roll:

I don't think disappointed, just over rated all year long.

Bueller, Bueller, rapidsrapids, Bueller, anyone....
blindref

Post by blindref »

Pioneerprideguy wrote:I think you have to put Forest Lake near the top of that list. They have two very good players in Kohls & Franklin and a decent supporting cast. Yet, they finish 9-9 in a conference that had a down year and end up with a below .500 overall record. Not sure if it's coaching, the players, or the water there, but they just keep producing average teams there.
Not tonight
EHSHack

Post by EHSHack »

RAPIDS!
Go Hounds.
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Luke two goals, C.J. BEAT UP ON Bish.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

This might be a late call...but Rapids just topped my list
Ranger101

Post by Ranger101 »

SuperStar wrote:This might be a late call...but Rapids just topped my list
Fire Laroque already my god! He thinks he is god's gift to coaching because he had 2 state runner ups...he better be kissing Pat White's feet right now cause they had no chance without him. Talented squads every year that just seem to under perform. And as a side note..what a terrible power play he is running. Your most creative player posted in front of the net :roll:
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

I'm sure the Rapid faithful feel they have a lot of talent, but non bias people see average hs talent and this is reflected by their record. Two state runnerups are pretty good. Where did Trent Klatt go?
northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

He needs to be fired. Been there long enough with very little results to show for it. The "average" talent is only "average" because that head coach has no clue on how to develop. Teams get worse as the year progress. Those kids all had good pee wee bantam teams and under performed at high school level that should tell you something. Hibbing's Mark Decenzo gets better results with far less coming out of his feeder program because the guy knows how to coach. Not hard to figure out.
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

mulefarm wrote:I'm sure the Rapid faithful feel they have a lot of talent, but non bias people see average hs talent and this is reflected by their record. Two state runnerups are pretty good. Where did Trent Klatt go?
This group was in the state title game as pee wees and bantams. I think Rapids fans had every right to believe that would continue. The best team doesn't always win on a given night, and the comments above are accurate about the strategy. The games I watched online I was puzzled at how much room was given to the opponent as they entered the zone. I'm not saying "fire LaRoque", as I'm not into knee-jerk reactions. I tip my hat to Forest Lake, that was the kind of Rangers team most of us expected going into the year with that talent on their top line of Franklin and Kohls, but where were they during the regular season, Forest Lake's regular season result was horrible. 7AA will be loaded next year. Cloquet I would think will be a top 10 team, not sure about Forest Lake, East will still be good(not great), Elk River will be a top 5 team. Provided everyone returns and they stay healthy, GR should be in the top 15 mix again next year. I believe next season truly is the entire group that has gone to state title games through the youth programs.
YouTube.com/BarbellMedicine
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

TheHockeyDJ wrote:
mulefarm wrote:I'm sure the Rapid faithful feel they have a lot of talent, but non bias people see average hs talent and this is reflected by their record. Two state runnerups are pretty good. Where did Trent Klatt go?
This group was in the state title game as pee wees and bantams. I think Rapids fans had every right to believe that would continue. The best team doesn't always win on a given night, and the comments above are accurate about the strategy. The games I watched online I was puzzled at how much room was given to the opponent as they entered the zone. I'm not saying "fire LaRoque", as I'm not into knee-jerk reactions. I tip my hat to Forest Lake, that was the kind of Rangers team most of us expected going into the year with that talent on their top line of Franklin and Kohls, but where were they during the regular season, Forest Lake's regular season result was horrible. 7AA will be loaded next year. Cloquet I would think will be a top 10 team, not sure about Forest Lake, East will still be good(not great), Elk River will be a top 5 team. Provided everyone returns and they stay healthy, GR should be in the top 15 mix again next year. I believe next season truly is the entire group that has gone to state title games through the youth programs.
Now there is something that I haven't heard before... :roll:
northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

I'm not saying "fire LaRoque", as I'm not into knee-jerk reactions.
You have no idea what you are talking about. Plenty of years of very poor performance as a coach means TIME FOR A CHANGE!
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

Ep just took over the #1 spot!
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

mulefarm wrote:Ep just took over the #1 spot!
Little too soon, mulefarm? :wink: :lol:

I was actually tempted to post the same.

8)
The Puck
LGW
easton18

Post by easton18 »

PuckU126 wrote:
mulefarm wrote:Ep just took over the #1 spot!
Little too soon, mulefarm? :wink: :lol:

I was actually tempted to post the same.

8)
I had to resist the urge to post that as well. But now that someone else has...I don't think there's any arguing this one
headsup

Post by headsup »

I think Eden Prairie de-thrones Grand Rapids for "the most disappointing team".

EP - 1
Armstrong - 2