Lakeville South..surprise team ??

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

really?

Post by really? »

Sats81 wrote:They only way they win state as one school is if Skeji, Arentz, Lindgren, Osterberg, Kloos, Harvey, etc, stay. RickyTicky, that is irrelevant though as it can't happen. You all are going waaaaayyyyyy overboard here. I simply stated LS goes nowhere without Kloos and also believe that other than Harvey not 1 guy on the current LS team plays hockey beyond club or beer league. Generating interest vs actually committing and signing with a D1 school are 2 entirely diff things. Ok, maybe 1 or 2 play D3. (Sure this will get some fired up reactions from some LS dads on the site) Personally, after watching Harvey I feel he would be much better off playing D3.
What should be written in response here, would get anyone banned for a good while. You all can imagine it though.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

really? wrote:
Sats81 wrote:They only way they win state as one school is if Skeji, Arentz, Lindgren, Osterberg, Kloos, Harvey, etc, stay. RickyTicky, that is irrelevant though as it can't happen. You all are going waaaaayyyyyy overboard here. I simply stated LS goes nowhere without Kloos and also believe that other than Harvey not 1 guy on the current LS team plays hockey beyond club or beer league. Generating interest vs actually committing and signing with a D1 school are 2 entirely diff things. Ok, maybe 1 or 2 play D3. (Sure this will get some fired up reactions from some LS dads on the site) Personally, after watching Harvey I feel he would be much better off playing D3 anyway as his effort and work ethic don't come near to matching his skill, which at the next level if he wants to play he better bring to the table.
What should be written in response here, would get anyone banned for a good while. You all can imagine it though.
really?-

What is wrong with the truth? Don't understand why people get so riled up about this. Not sure what world you are living in, but in the real world these are the 2 guys that will play at the next level.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

On a diff note, I am curious to see what LS does against BJ tonight. I think a 6-2 win is in the cards with 4 pts from Kloos.
Neuuman

Post by Neuuman »

Sats81 wrote:
really? wrote:
Sats81 wrote:They only way they win state as one school is if Skeji, Arentz, Lindgren, Osterberg, Kloos, Harvey, etc, stay. RickyTicky, that is irrelevant though as it can't happen. You all are going waaaaayyyyyy overboard here. I simply stated LS goes nowhere without Kloos and also believe that other than Harvey not 1 guy on the current LS team plays hockey beyond club or beer league. Generating interest vs actually committing and signing with a D1 school are 2 entirely diff things. Ok, maybe 1 or 2 play D3. (Sure this will get some fired up reactions from some LS dads on the site) Personally, after watching Harvey I feel he would be much better off playing D3 anyway as his effort and work ethic don't come near to matching his skill, which at the next level if he wants to play he better bring to the table.
really?-

What is wrong with the truth? Don't understand why people get so riled up about this. Not sure what world you are living in, but in the real world these are the 2 guys that will play at the next level.
I think what is getting people riled up are statements like "in the real world these are the 2 guys that will play at the next level" and "other than Harvey not 1 guy on the current LS team plays hockey beyond club or beer league". Do you really think that is a fair assessment of any sophomores currently on LS? If you don't believe LS has any other players who could play D1 or D3, that's fine - you are certainly entitled to your opinion. I think when you state your opinion the way you do, as if it's already etched in stone to be the absolute truth, it makes people chafe. It does seem a little insulting to a 3rd player mentioned above who someone has said he has first hand knowledge that he is receiving D1 interest, to discard that information and assume that even though he is receiving D1 interest, he WILL NOT play at the next level (D1 OR D3). If you do end up being correct in all of your proclamations, my hat's off to you. If not, I certainly hope you understand why your statements might offend some (well, MANY) people. I have no dog in this fight - but maybe this will help you understand why people are getting "so riled up". Just one man's opinion.
RickyTicky

Post by RickyTicky »

LS-8
Jefferson-2

Final

-Running time throughout the 3rd
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Sats81 wrote:On a diff note, I am curious to see what LS does against BJ tonight. I think a 6-2 win is in the cards with 4 pts from Kloos.
Pretty close. 8-2 with 5 pts from Kloos.
cooper26

Post by cooper26 »

Sats81 wrote:
Sats81 wrote:On a diff note, I am curious to see what LS does against BJ tonight. I think a 6-2 win is in the cards with 4 pts from Kloos.
Pretty close. 8-2 with 5 pts from Kloos.
All bow to Sats, absolute genius. :roll:
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

Sats, which is it Is harvey only a beneficiary of Kloos like you stated or is he a good player? You changed your truth on this, so since you only speak the truth I'm now confused as to which it is since all the truth about Lakeville comes from you.

FWIW no team in the top 20 in AA hockey is nothing without 1 kid, they're in the top 20 because they have enough good kids. They don't all have to be of Kloos type quality but Lakeville South has some really good high school players on like Harvey, Freemark, Heller, Chuinard, etc. Most years most teams at the state tournament have no one that goes on to play D1 hockey or in the USHL, some maybe one kid. They make it because they have depth and probably get lucky at a good time. I've seen teams with 3 kids go play d! that don't make it to the state tournament.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Can we take our personal rivalries elsewhere, please?
PuckRanger

Post by PuckRanger »

goldy313 wrote:Most years most teams at the state tournament have no one that goes on to play D1 hockey or in the USHL, some maybe one kid.
That's quite a stretch. Most years, most teams have at least one, usually more -- especially AA teams. Even the class A teams usually have at least one.

These are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head from last year's state tournament field, and I'm sure I missed a few in the junior ranks.

Class A
Alexandria - NONE
Breck - Grant Opperman
Hermantown - Garret Skrbich
Hibbing/Chisholm - Adam Johnson, Nick Decenzo
New Ulm - NONE
Rochester Lourdes - Nick Heimer
St. Thomas Academy - Eric Shurhamer, Zach Schroeder, Taylor Flemming, Max McNeely, AJ Reid
Thief River Falls - Ryan Crosson

Class AA
Blaine - Nick Bjugstad, Jonny Brodzinski, Michael Brodzinski
Duluth East - NONE (Yet, although a few of the guys on that team will be after this year)
Eagan - Eli May
Eden Prairie - Kyle Rau, Nick Seeler, Dan Molenaar
Edina - Lou Nanne, Max Everson, Steven Fogarty, Michael Sit, Ben Ostlie
Lakeville North - Charlie Lindgren
Moorhead - Eric Brenk
White Bear Lake - Brandon Wahlin
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

goldy313 wrote:
FWIW no team in the top 20 in AA hockey is nothing without 1 kid, they're in the top 20 because they have enough good kids. They don't all have to be of Kloos type quality but Lakeville South has some really good high school players on like Harvey, Freemark, Heller, Chuinard, etc. Most years most teams at the state tournament have no one that goes on to play D1 hockey or in the USHL, some maybe one kid. They make it because they have depth and probably get lucky at a good time. I've seen teams with 3 kids go play d! that don't make it to the state tournament.
Goldy-Just because someone is a beneficiary of a GREAT player doesn't mean they can't be a good player themselves. 70 pts as a junior is tremendous, but that doesn't mean he's guaranteed to play at the next level. He wasn't even invited to play in the Elite League this past fall and this speaks volumes. He doesn't backcheck, he is an absolute liability in his d-zone, plays very undisciplined and takes a lot of stupid, retaliation penalties. Most people who watch HS hockey just look at his offensive output and ignore these glaring facets of his game. Scouts don't, I can assure that.

As far as your statement that most years most teams in the state tourney have no one that plays d-1 or in the USHL is concerned, you couldn't be further off base. Just a quick thought of the past few years AA participants and even A schools, MOST have several players that play d-1, get d-1 offers or go on to the USHL. Edina the past few years-Max and Marshall Everson, Zac Budish, Anders Lee, Michael Sit, Steven Fogarty, Louie Nanne. Blaine-Nick Bjugstad, Jonny and Michael Brodzinski. Minnetonka-Jake and Max Gardiner, Andrew Prochno, Justin Holl. AV-Hudson Fasching, AJ Michaelson, Vinnie Pedrie. HM-Chris Casto, Ben Bahe, Faust. STA-Zach Schroeder, Jordan Schroeder, Ryan Hawkins. Breck-Grant Opperman. Hibbing-Adam Johnson. Hermantown-Garret Skribich, Jared Thomas. DE-Randolph, Tominato and Olson should all play at the next level. EP-Rau, Seeler, Nick Leddy. Eagan-May has committed to MSU, Zajac and Merchant will get offers. LN-Skjei, Arentz, Lindgren.

I greatly anticipate your rebuttal.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

PuckRanger wrote:
goldy313 wrote:Most years most teams at the state tournament have no one that goes on to play D1 hockey or in the USHL, some maybe one kid.
That's quite a stretch. Most years, most teams have at least one, usually more -- especially AA teams. Even the class A teams usually have at least one.

These are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head from last year's state tournament field, and I'm sure I missed a few in the junior ranks.

Class A
Alexandria - NONE
Breck - Grant Opperman
Hermantown - Garret Skrbich
Hibbing/Chisholm - Adam Johnson, Nick Decenzo
New Ulm - NONE
Rochester Lourdes - Nick Heimer
St. Thomas Academy - Eric Shurhamer, Zach Schroeder, Taylor Flemming, Max McNeely, AJ Reid
Thief River Falls - Ryan Crosson

Class AA
Blaine - Nick Bjugstad, Jonny Brodzinski, Michael Brodzinski
Duluth East - NONE (Yet, although a few of the guys on that team will be after this year)
Eagan - Eli May
Eden Prairie - Kyle Rau, Nick Seeler, Dan Molenaar
Edina - Lou Nanne, Max Everson, Steven Fogarty, Michael Sit, Ben Ostlie
Lakeville North - Charlie Lindgren
Moorhead - Eric Brenk
White Bear Lake - Brandon Wahlin
Amen. Just posted on that. You got a few in there that I missed. Sure there are a few more.
mnhockfan99

Post by mnhockfan99 »

I know little about the LV situation, but I am personally sick and tired of the Section 1 AA team being one that has realisticially little chance to do anything at state unless they get an amazing performance by a G who can steal a game. Not saying LS is a great club, as I think they are definitely not in that top-end tier of teams in AA....but if they make it they can at least make it an exciting up and down game...it stinks the BEST 8 teams do not make the tourney....
keepyourheadup

Post by keepyourheadup »

Sats, We are all intitled to our own opinion but ripping a kid by name on this forum is shameful. WHAT POSSIBLE REASON DO YOU HAVE TO DO THAT? Frankly I thought you were above that.

As for section 1AA go ahead and heap that on Lakeville as well, they allready appear to be the red headed step child of high school hockey.
keepyourheadup

Post by keepyourheadup »

By the way.... 6 games played ..... 2 minor penalties. Thats really doin time?