Hudson Fasching

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

dangler20

Hudson Fasching

Post by dangler20 »

Hudson has committed to USNTDP for the 2011-2012 season.
http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/news_article ... r_id=32760
AV PUCK 17

Post by AV PUCK 17 »

I think he made the right decision. Good luck Hudson!
AlterEagle

Post by AlterEagle »

I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision for him. Best of luck.
... Hudson maybe you could come back your senior year :)
Vapor

Post by Vapor »

Congrats to Hudson. Any news on Michaelson ? What do the "experts"
think on Fasching going to Ann Arbor : does he play a few years and skip college and sign a pro contract ?? :idea:
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

I would think he would play 1-2 yrs in ann arbor and then play major jr. It seems alot of these players want the quickest way to the nhl. Not a lot of the top players there go to college.
AlterEagle

Post by AlterEagle »

mulefarm wrote:I would think he would play 1-2 yrs in ann arbor and then play major jr. It seems alot of these players want the quickest way to the nhl. Not a lot of the top players there go to college.
So I counted 35 USNTDP kids going to D1 schools next year (Grimaldi included). First of all how many kids are actually in that program, and second... who is better than Grimaldi that's going major jr?
Gopher Blog

Post by Gopher Blog »

mulefarm wrote:I would think he would play 1-2 yrs in ann arbor and then play major jr. It seems alot of these players want the quickest way to the nhl. Not a lot of the top players there go to college.
I think you are overstating it.

Besides, most of the guys that did end up leaving the NTDP for Major Jr. were guys who ended up in the nearby OHL. Fasching's rights belong to the WHL (Kelowna) since MN is their "territory". I can't recall if any guys have played in the WHL directly after being in the NTDP. If there has, it has been pretty rare.
spectatorfun

Post by spectatorfun »

peter mueller did. he played in ann arbor and then went to the whl and then pro
Gopher Blog

Post by Gopher Blog »

spectatorfun wrote:peter mueller did. he played in ann arbor and then went to the whl and then pro
Like I said... pretty rare.
dangler20

Post by dangler20 »

Do you guys know all the colleges that are interested in him? I seen he visited UND he was on their bench when they were warming up vs the USA 18 team...
breakout

Post by breakout »

spectatorfun wrote:peter mueller did. he played in ann arbor and then went to the whl and then pro

From everything I heard, Peter Mueller was not a good student otherwise he would have went to the WCHA for education and development. Hopefully he has found a good financial planner.
AV PUCK 17

Post by AV PUCK 17 »

dangler20 wrote:Do you guys know all the colleges that are interested in him? I seen he visited UND he was on their bench when they were warming up vs the USA 18 team...
Minnesota is also interested in him. I will ask him personally next week when we get back from spring break.
WB6162

Post by WB6162 »

Congratulations to a truly outstanding young man.
DubCHAGuy

Post by DubCHAGuy »

Great player, seems like a great kid too. It wouldn't surprise me if he is ready to go straight to the NHL after 2 years in Ann Arbor. Congrats to Hudson!
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Awesome kid first and foremost, best of luck Hudson, MN hs hockey is gonna miss you!
AV PUCK 17

Post by AV PUCK 17 »

DubCHAGuy wrote:Great player, seems like a great kid too. It wouldn't surprise me if he is ready to go straight to the NHL after 2 years in Ann Arbor. Congrats to Hudson!
I think he will for sure go to college. He is a really smart kid. I think he has a 4.0 right now. If he doesn't end up playing hockey in the NHL he will probably end up being a doctor. I hope he ends up in the NHL, and by going to Ann Harbor I think that will give him the best chance. He's extremely talented.
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

I thought he was going to stay, but it's good he's taking advantage of this opportunity.

Best of luck.

8)
The Puck
LGW
breakout

Post by breakout »

Patrick Kane would be an example of a player going from NTDP to Major Jr.

Depending on age, players like Danny Kristo and Nick Mattson went on to play in the USHL for a year. Kristo is playing at UND and Mattson still in the USHL until next year when he will head to UND. Many others like locals Jordan Schroeder, Derrick Stephan, Keith Ballard, Jordan Leopold went on to play college hockey.

Don't mean to be a buzz kill. Young Hudson has a lot of work ahead of him before he could possibly play pro hockey. That is not a knock on his ability. There are a lot of variables that have to come together to get to the show.

Selfishly, I wish he and Michaelson would have stuck together and taken a run at a State title. They were good this year. They would be scary good together next year.

Best of luck!
AV PUCK 17

Post by AV PUCK 17 »

Selfishly, I wish he and Michaelson would have stuck together and taken a run at a State title. They were good this year. They would be scary good together next year.

Best of luck![/quote]
It is a little disappointing that they won't be sticking around. But truthfully I think even if they did stay, they wouldn't have a solid goalie to get past Eagan. If Collin Olson would have stayed at AV, I think Hudson and AJ both would have stayed. They would have been VERY tough to beat.
observer

Post by observer »

If Collin Olson would have stayed at AV
Solid goalie. Has he already been invited to stay at the NTDP, with the U18 team, another year? Or, do they bring in a couple of different ones?
Hoops

Post by Hoops »

AV PUCK 17 wrote:Selfishly, I wish he and Michaelson would have stuck together and taken a run at a State title. They were good this year. They would be scary good together next year.

Best of luck!
It is a little disappointing that they won't be sticking around. But truthfully I think even if they did stay, they wouldn't have a solid goalie to get past Eagan. If Collin Olson would have stayed at AV, I think Hudson and AJ both would have stayed. They would have been VERY tough to beat.[/quote]

You mean if the coached actually played them together they would have stayed. Hayes made his poor decision to break them up..and that was the end of that. Only coach in the state that would have broke them up. Nice job.
HSHOCKEYTIME

Post by HSHOCKEYTIME »

Hoops wrote:
AV PUCK 17 wrote:Selfishly, I wish he and Michaelson would have stuck together and taken a run at a State title. They were good this year. They would be scary good together next year.

Best of luck!
It is a little disappointing that they won't be sticking around. But truthfully I think even if they did stay, they wouldn't have a solid goalie to get past Eagan. If Collin Olson would have stayed at AV, I think Hudson and AJ both would have stayed. They would have been VERY tough to beat.
You mean if the coached actually played them together they would have stayed. Hayes made his poor decision to break them up..and that was the end of that. Only coach in the state that would have broke them up. Nice job.[/quote]

Not so fast.

Eagan broke up Kuchera , Zajac and Merchant. Sometimes whats best for the kids isn't whats best for the team. Eagan was a better team after they split them up. Brady Loew became a better player with Kuchera. Mason with Zajac. Balance will win championships. One line is fun to watch. Kloos, Osterberg and Harvey best line hands down and they got stopped by lakeville north. My point is Hudson and AJ together are going to make each other better but is it best for the team. Apple Valley beat Duluth East and they lost 1-0 to eagan to go to state. They lost all 3 games to eagan this year and they lost both games in reg season to eagan last year and then beat them 2-1 in ot. Then they go on a nice run in state. AJ was out for some games last year and the team had to play different line combos. So is it fair for you to target coach. No they still play on the power plays together and special teams so they are on the ice together much more then you are aware. Hudson is a great kid and if every kid handled what life throws at you the way Hudson has the world would be a better place. Hudson had a down year and I would guess he would tell you he is looking for a new challenge. Maybe a different position. I see him as a wing. Just my opinion. Good luck Hudson
Hoops

Post by Hoops »

HSHOCKEYTIME wrote:
Hoops wrote:

Best of luck!
You mean if the coached actually played them together they would have stayed. Hayes made his poor decision to break them up..and that was the end of that. Only coach in the state that would have broke them up. Nice job.

Not so fast.

Eagan broke up Kuchera , Zajac and Merchant. Sometimes whats best for the kids isn't whats best for the team. Eagan was a better team after they split them up. Brady Loew became a better player with Kuchera. Mason with Zajac. Balance will win championships. One line is fun to watch. Kloos, Osterberg and Harvey best line hands down and they got stopped by lakeville north. My point is Hudson and AJ together are going to make each other better but is it best for the team. Apple Valley beat Duluth East and they lost 1-0 to eagan to go to state. They lost all 3 games to eagan this year and they lost both games in reg season to eagan last year and then beat them 2-1 in ot. Then they go on a nice run in state. AJ was out for some games last year and the team had to play different line combos. So is it fair for you to target coach. No they still play on the power plays together and special teams so they are on the ice together much more then you are aware. Hudson is a great kid and if every kid handled what life throws at you the way Hudson has the world would be a better place. Hudson had a down year and I would guess he would tell you he is looking for a new challenge. Maybe a different position. I see him as a wing. Just my opinion. Good luck Hudson[/quote]

Nice rant. If he didn't break them up he would have stayed. Bad move. Forget the rest. Your example is no good..you can break up 3 guys not 2. Did Eagan break up Zajac and Merchant. No. I didn't go into overall coaching but this decision did not work out for the team or individuals involved. You and everyone else sees him as a wing too bad they played him at center this yr.
keepyourheadup

Post by keepyourheadup »

I agree with your obsevation that Hudson is more likeky suited to play wing, I thing the same can be said for AJ as well. Osterberg, Kloos and Harvey were split before the year started (Ann Arbor). Last year they played most of the year as a second line because they had a line of seniors who had a pretty solid year.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Hoops wrote:
HSHOCKEYTIME wrote:
Hoops wrote: It is a little disappointing that they won't be sticking around. But truthfully I think even if they did stay, they wouldn't have a solid goalie to get past Eagan. If Collin Olson would have stayed at AV, I think Hudson and AJ both would have stayed. They would have been VERY tough to beat.
You mean if the coached actually played them together they would have stayed. Hayes made his poor decision to break them up..and that was the end of that. Only coach in the state that would have broke them up. Nice job

Not so fast.

Eagan broke up Kuchera , Zajac and Merchant. Sometimes whats best for the kids isn't whats best for the team. Eagan was a better team after they split them up. Brady Loew became a better player with Kuchera. Mason with Zajac. Balance will win championships. One line is fun to watch. Kloos, Osterberg and Harvey best line hands down and they got stopped by lakeville north. My point is Hudson and AJ together are going to make each other better but is it best for the team. Apple Valley beat Duluth East and they lost 1-0 to eagan to go to state. They lost all 3 games to eagan this year and they lost both games in reg season to eagan last year and then beat them 2-1 in ot. Then they go on a nice run in state. AJ was out for some games last year and the team had to play different line combos. So is it fair for you to target coach. No they still play on the power plays together and special teams so they are on the ice together much more then you are aware. Hudson is a great kid and if every kid handled what life throws at you the way Hudson has the world would be a better place. Hudson had a down year and I would guess he would tell you he is looking for a new challenge. Maybe a different position. I see him as a wing. Just my opinion. Good luck Hudson
Nice rant. If he didn't break them up he would have stayed. Bad move. Forget the rest. Your example is no good..you can break up 3 guys not 2. Did Eagan break up Zajac and Merchant. No. I didn't go into overall coaching but this decision did not work out for the team or individuals involved. You and everyone else sees him as a wing too bad they played him at center this yr.
I cannot pretend to be in a position to know whether not being on a line with Michaelson drove Fasching to leave, and I don't know if you can, either. But in watching this team both with them together and with them separated, I thought they looked much better with the two of them split up. There's enough other talent around those two that the team was able to put together 2 strong lines, with one of the stars anchoring each. If you want to find a AA team that achieved greatness riding a couple of stars on one top line, you're going to be looking for a very long time.

Maybe this bothered Fasching; maybe it didn't. But in the event that it did, it's the coach's job to field the best team he can and work on everyone's development, not to keep one star happy.