Kloos to Waterloo

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Sats81

Kloos to Waterloo

Post by Sats81 »

I see Lakeville South Jr scoring phenom Justin Kloos is now with the Waterloo Blackhawks of the USHL. Have a hard time believing he will be back playing HS next year. Too bad as he is an incredible young talent. Any thoughts on him coming back to play HS??
GordonBombay99

Post by GordonBombay99 »

Would be great for him to come back as he could give Lakeville South the advantage in 1AA.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

GordonBombay99 wrote:Would be great for him to come back as he could give Lakeville South the advantage in 1AA.
Would have to agree on that one. He scored the GW last night vs Green Bay. He's gonna be a great pick up for a WCHA team.
GordonBombay99

Post by GordonBombay99 »

Sats81 wrote:
GordonBombay99 wrote:Would be great for him to come back as he could give Lakeville South the advantage in 1AA.
Would have to agree on that one. He scored the GW last night vs Green Bay. He's gonna be a great pick up for a WCHA team.
Good to see he is already making an impact, this show he can play with the big boys and he is going to be a great college pick up I think. I heard St Cloud State was looking at him.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

GordonBombay99 wrote:
Sats81 wrote:
Good to see he is already making an impact, this show he can play with the big boys and he is going to be a great college pick up I think. I heard St Cloud State was looking at him.
Yes, rumored that St. Cloud is looking at him. He would be a perfect fit with the Huskies, think he would be good at Duluth too. His linemate last year (Kyle Osterberg who put up 65 pts as a freshman and plays for Development program in Ann Arbor has already committed to UMD), Kloos would get lost in all the "high profile" guys at the U, so feel like a St. Cloud or UMD would be ideal for him.
Master Recruiter

Post by Master Recruiter »

If he really is already being looked at by the major schools like St Cloud, why would he not come back to high school? You would have to think they would have a shot to go to state again next year with the sections staying the same.
wblhcky24

Post by wblhcky24 »

Master Recruiter wrote:If he really is already being looked at by the major schools like St Cloud, why would he not come back to high school? You would have to think they would have a shot to go to state again next year with the sections staying the same.

State again? He plays for south not north
2012 pond hockey All Star
Master Recruiter

Post by Master Recruiter »

wblhcky24 wrote:
Master Recruiter wrote:If he really is already being looked at by the major schools like St Cloud, why would he not come back to high school? You would have to think they would have a shot to go to state again next year with the sections staying the same.

having a shot "again" as in just like they did this year as the clear cut #1 seed.
wblhcky24

Post by wblhcky24 »

Master Recruiter wrote:
wblhcky24 wrote:

having a shot "again" as in just like they did this year as the clear cut #1 seed.
Oh I see
2012 pond hockey All Star
GordonBombay99

Post by GordonBombay99 »

Sats81 wrote:
GordonBombay99 wrote:
Sats81 wrote: Would have to agree on that one. He scored the GW last night vs Green Bay. He's gonna be a great pick up for a WCHA team.
Yes, rumored that St. Cloud is looking at him. He would be a perfect fit with the Huskies, think he would be good at Duluth too. His linemate last year (Kyle Osterberg who put up 65 pts as a freshman and plays for Development program in Ann Arbor has already committed to UMD), Kloos would get lost in all the "high profile" guys at the U, so feel like a St. Cloud or UMD would be ideal for him.
I expect him to go to St Cloud State and I think he could be offered a scholarship this summer. He would be the kind of scorer State needs to come in. Hes a natural goal scorer and thats something State is going to need badly.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

GordonBombay99 wrote:
Sats81 wrote:
GordonBombay99 wrote: Good to see he is already making an impact, this show he can play with the big boys and he is going to be a great college pick up I think. I heard St Cloud State was looking at him.
I expect him to go to St Cloud State and I think he could be offered a scholarship this summer. He would be the kind of scorer State needs to come in. Hes a natural goal scorer and thats something State is going to need badly.
Would be great to see him at SCSU.
keepyourheadup

Post by keepyourheadup »

Justin has not made a decision where next year is concerned. He chose to try and get 10 games in at Waterloo to have some conrtol over where he would wind up in the USHL. He's draft elidgible and would rather not be so far from home is the word I got.
iwearmysunglassesatnight

Post by iwearmysunglassesatnight »

[quote="keepyourheadup"]Justin has not made a decision where next year is concerned. He chose to try and get 10 games in at Waterloo to have some conrtol over where he would wind up in the USHL. He's draft elidgible and would rather not be so far from home is the word I got.[/quote]

congrats on your 500th post
Was a duster and paying for it?????
GordonBombay99

Post by GordonBombay99 »

Isn't the head coach for Waterloo Eric Rud?
longdistancespectator8

Post by longdistancespectator8 »

Gut feeling is he returns for another year.

He is an ultra-competitive kid so losing 2 straight section final games to the cross town rival as a favorite can not be sitting well for him.

Plus, the LS teams of youth have had some pretty good success on a state wide level as second years, for instance VFW champs as second year bantams and a sweep of Duluth East in their own tournament. He might want to try to get that going again.
CB00

Post by CB00 »

GordonBombay99 wrote:Isn't the head coach for Waterloo Eric Rud?
No, PK O'Hadley.

I believe Rud is in Green Bay.
GordonBombay99

Post by GordonBombay99 »

CB00 wrote:
GordonBombay99 wrote:Isn't the head coach for Waterloo Eric Rud?
No, PK O'Hadley.

I believe Rud is in Green Bay.
Ahhh yes that's where he is, I only mentioned him because of his ties to St Cloud State.
PoNd HocKey ChAmP67

Post by PoNd HocKey ChAmP67 »

Sats81 wrote:
Too bad he couldn't get the game winner against Lakeville North
keepyourheadup

Post by keepyourheadup »

Ya, it hit the pipe.
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

I would take my chances in the draft, not sure if Waterloo would be 1st choice to play in USHL.
MHGr8ness

Re: Kloos to Waterloo

Post by MHGr8ness »

Sats81 wrote:I see Lakeville South Jr scoring phenom Justin Kloos is now with the Waterloo Blackhawks of the USHL. Have a hard time believing he will be back playing HS next year. Too bad as he is an incredible young talent. Any thoughts on him coming back to play HS??
I have a bud in the cities with the nickname "Sats". Interesting name...?
keepyourheadup

Post by keepyourheadup »

Whats the word on Waterloo? no agenda just curious what I don't know?
GordonBombay99

Post by GordonBombay99 »

keepyourheadup wrote:Whats the word on Waterloo? no agenda just curious what I don't know?
I would love to see him come back. I think either way before he goes to college he is going to play a year of juniors to adjust to the college game in a way. He should stay for the run Lakeville South can put together for state.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

GordonBombay99 wrote:
keepyourheadup wrote:Whats the word on Waterloo? no agenda just curious what I don't know?
I would love to see him come back. I think either way before he goes to college he is going to play a year of juniors to adjust to the college game in a way. He should stay for the run Lakeville South can put together for state.
I agree, with Alex Harvey and some other young talent, south could do some damage, anyone think Harvey is a d-1 talent?
longdistancespectator8

Post by longdistancespectator8 »

Harvey benefits greatly from playing with Kloos. He is about as natural a born finisher as you will ever see. But apart from putting the puck in the net, there are many times where Alex doesn't appear interested and often benefits from Kloos's end to end rushes.