Class A Championship #1 St Thomas-#2 Hermantown

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

blueblood

a

Post by blueblood »

lots of pent up frustrations today.

I for one would like to congratulate STA on the JV championship!!!!
Northhcky

Post by Northhcky »

quickgym guy wrote:What about Hermantown opting up... They seem to make it every year. And I know for a fact their top player Skerbik(sp) lives in the Proctor school district. So the privates aren't the only ones recruiting...
And i know for a FACT that you also live at Pike Lake same place as the Skrbich family in the Proctor school district and your kids play/played for Cloquet so i guess Cloquet recruits also. Be careful what you say. :lol:
quickgym guy

Post by quickgym guy »

Northhcky wrote:
quickgym guy wrote:What about Hermantown opting up... They seem to make it every year. And I know for a fact their top player Skerbik(sp) lives in the Proctor school district. So the privates aren't the only ones recruiting...
And i know for a FACT that you also live at Pike Lake same place as the Skrbich family in the Proctor school district and your kids play/played for Cloquet so i guess Cloquet recruits also. Be careful what you say. :lol:
Maybe. But Cloquet is a AA school. Not scared to play the big boys. And my boys started playing in cloquet before we moved to pike lake
Northfan99

Post by Northfan99 »

Great game between these teams in a back and forth game. Congrats to the hawks on making this game for the second straight yr. having private schools in class A is a joke. Two words. Man up! and go to AA
5thgraders

Re: a

Post by 5thgraders »

[quote="blueblood"]lots of pent up frustrations today.

I for one would like to congratulate STA on the JV championship!!!![/quote]

Blueblood if they didn't have JV hockey the game would be above your IQ. It's nice you at least know this as I am certain that was the reason for your congrats. =P~
Northhcky

Post by Northhcky »

quickgym guy wrote:
Northhcky wrote:
Maybe. But Cloquet is a AA school. Not scared to play the big boys. And my boys started playing in cloquet before we moved to pike lake

Don't know why it is that a neighboring NORTHERN PUBLIC team just lost a state title to a SOUTHERN SELECT team and you find it in you to come on here and bash them and make up rumors about players being recruited when your boys did the same thing. Any sane person from up here would be rooting for the north not bashing them and talking crap an hour after their loss. Seriously man whats wrong with you? And for the last time Skrbich played Squirts, Peewees and Bantams at Hermantown before they sold their house in Hermantown and moved to Pike Lake in Proctors district. Got it?
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

Northhcky wrote:
quickgym guy wrote:
Northhcky wrote: And i know for a FACT that you also live at Pike Lake same place as the Skrbich family in the Proctor school district and your kids play/played for Cloquet so i guess Cloquet recruits also. Be careful what you say. :lol:

Don't know why it is that a neighboring NORTHERN PUBLIC team just lost a state title to a SOUTHERN SELECT team and you find it in you to come on here and bash them and make up rumors about players being recruited when your boys did the same thing. Any sane person from up here would be rooting for the north not bashing them and talking crap an hour after their loss. Seriously man whats wrong with you?
Hermantown had a 4-1 lead on this "all-star" team, didn't lose to any Class A school this year and is losing only 5 players this year.

There are few who wouldn't like to see St Thomas playing in AA; I, for one, am surprised that so many want more private schools in the AA tourney. If ALL private school were in AA the Class A tourney would be less quality than it is now and there would be more private schools in the AA tourney.

I still don't understand why the MSHSL has to stop teams from winning. Why is it not the responsibility of other programs to get better and beat them? Guess we'll never know.

How bout all private schools in AA, any team that needs to co-op to field a team in A, 64 teams in AA and no opting up if you are public school? Then we'd have two great tournaments every year...