All Metro 1st Team

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Guru20
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:44 am

All Metro 1st Team

Post by Guru20 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:24 pm

Soon to be released:

G Ryan Coyne - Maple Grove
D Nick Seeler - Eden Prairie
D Max Everson - Edina
F Tony Cammeranesi - Wayzata
F Mike Dockry - Burnsville
F Kyle Rau - Eden Prairie

BodyShots
Posts: 1847
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:44 am

Re: All Metro 1st Team

Post by BodyShots » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:39 pm

Guru20 wrote:Soon to be released:

G Ryan Coyne - Maple Grove
D Nick Seeler - Eden Prairie
D Max Everson - Edina
F Tony Cammeranesi - Wayzata
F Mike Dockry - Burnsville
F Kyle Rau - Eden Prairie
According to who?

HockeyMN1
Posts: 833
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:02 am

Re: All Metro 1st Team

Post by HockeyMN1 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:45 pm

Guru20 wrote:Soon to be released:

G Ryan Coyne - Maple Grove
D Nick Seeler - Eden Prairie
D Max Everson - Edina
F Tony Cammeranesi - Wayzata
F Mike Dockry - Burnsville
F Kyle Rau - Eden Prairie
If this is true I would have put Kloos as a forward instead of Dockry and Shaughnessy as the goalie. Otherwise it's probably fair.
EP two out of three.

Guru20
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:44 am

Post by Guru20 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:54 pm

I don't know how long this information has been out, but they had their photo shoot today, and I heard of this early this evening as word started to spread.

Star Tribune All Metro 1st Team.

HockeyGuy81
Posts: 220
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:09 pm

Post by HockeyGuy81 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:58 pm

Was Coyne in the butterfly looking behind him into the net?

trippedovertheblueline
Posts: 228
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:43 pm

Post by trippedovertheblueline » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:10 pm

kloos is not only deserving, but better then these great forwards listed

GordonBombay99
Posts: 426
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:11 am

Post by GordonBombay99 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:12 pm

trippedovertheblueline wrote:kloos is not only deserving, but better then these great forwards listed
He should be on there I agree but hes not better than Rau IMO.
Last edited by GordonBombay99 on Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Goldfishdude
Posts: 1596
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:41 pm

Post by Goldfishdude » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:18 pm

I thought that this was the State of Hockey... not just Mpls 'burbs!! :shock: :wink:

Guru20
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:44 am

Post by Guru20 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:19 pm

Coyne is a very good goalie, had a very good season, and I think Coyne was VERY disappointing in the playoffs. All Metro Team is voted on by the coaches so they must have seen something that they liked, and Maple Grove did give up the fewest amount of goals in the state.

My opinion is that there are a couple goalies that are definitely better then Coyne, some didn't have the great numbers to show for it like Engum or Girard, but I would have given it to Lindgren from Lakeville North.

HockeyMN1
Posts: 833
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:02 am

Post by HockeyMN1 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:21 pm

Guru20 wrote:Coyne is a very good goalie, had a very good season, and I think Coyne was VERY disappointing in the playoffs. All Metro Team is voted on by the coaches so they must have seen something that they liked, and Maple Grove did give up the fewest amount of goals in the state.

My opinion is that there are a couple goalies that are definitely better then Coyne, some didn't have the great numbers to show for it like Engum or Girard, but I would have given it to Lindgren from Lakeville North.
Forgot about Engum too, he was really good this year. Surprised him, Shaughnessy, or Ford didn't get it.
EP two out of three.

Guru20
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:44 am

Post by Guru20 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:38 pm

.[/quote]
Forgot about Engum too, he was really good this year. Surprised him, Shaughnessy, or Ford didn't get it.[/quote]

Shaughnessy I agree and I'm sure he was in the running, my guess is coaches didn't like his schedule and by my very quick glance he had 11 games where he faced 14 shots or less. I'm surprised that Ford was up for the Brimsek award, to be fair I've only seen him play 3 games this year but even with the tough schedule it seems like with those Defensemen and team in front of him his save % should have been better.

I would think that guys like Lehr (Roseville), Malvin (Blaine), and Glockner (Minnetonka), were considered also.

longdistancespectator8
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:44 pm

Post by longdistancespectator8 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:59 pm

surprised that dockry made it. He had a great year and is a very good hockey player, I just feel like there may have been some more deserving players. Also, the goalie position is so deep in the metro I could have seen many different options for that spot with all being very deserving

Master Recruiter
Posts: 213
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:23 pm
Location: St Paul

Post by Master Recruiter » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:43 am

after looking at both teams

Kloos from Lakeville puts up nearly 30 more points than Dockry playing in the same conference, and against similiar tough non-conference opponents, but Dockry gets the nod over Kloos?


who picks these teams? the Basketball staff at the Pioneer Press?

Sats81
Posts: 2732
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:29 am

Post by Sats81 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:35 am

Would have to agree with the Kloss snub. He played in same conference as Dockry, put up nearly 30 more pts, and had less of a supporting cast. Have to wander if he will stick around and play another year of hs? Alex Harvey was a nice looking player on south as well..

BodyShots
Posts: 1847
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:44 am

Post by BodyShots » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:37 am

I'm sure the All Metro team from the PIONEER press will have a different slant to it! Maybe a few more players from the East Metro?

I'm sorry, but how are you a Mr. Hockey finalist and not even included in the All Metro team?

Vapor
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:22 pm

Post by Vapor » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:40 am

Great point !

=D>

Sats81
Posts: 2732
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:29 am

Post by Sats81 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:42 am

Star Trib All-Metro team typically seems like a "popularity" contest every year and yes, BodyShots, the Press will have a much diff team as they always do.....Any guesses on Metro Player of the year?

Sats81
Posts: 2732
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:29 am

Post by Sats81 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:43 am

Pretty sure it will be Mr. Rau

PuckU126
Posts: 3769
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:52 pm
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Post by PuckU126 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:43 am

Sats81 wrote:Star Trib All-Metro team typically seems like a "popularity" contest every year and yes, BodyShots, the Press will have a much diff team as they always do.....Any guesses on Metro Player of the year?
Rau

8)
The Puck
LGW

The Greatness
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:57 pm

Post by The Greatness » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:45 am

I think daly should be on this list over Seeler. Daly was much more important to his team that Seeler was to his team
The Greatness is always the Best

BodyShots
Posts: 1847
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:44 am

Post by BodyShots » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:03 am

Sats81 wrote:Star Trib All-Metro team typically seems like a "popularity" contest every year and yes, BodyShots, the Press will have a much diff team as they always do.....Any guesses on Metro Player of the year?
It should, and will be Rau in the Strib.

Now for the PIONEER press, my guess is #11 who wears green and white, rides a bus to Moorhead, and eats at a restaurant that grandpa goes to on his way to the cabin, and a coach who thinks his team has a good chance to go all the way, but doesn't want to put the cart before the horse!

Goldfishdude
Posts: 1596
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:41 pm

Post by Goldfishdude » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:25 pm

BodyShots wrote:I'm sure the All Metro team from the PIONEER press will have a different slant to it! Maybe a few more players from the East Metro?

I'm sorry, but how are you a Mr. Hockey finalist and not even included in the All Metro team?
Body... another solid question is:

Are all these guys committed to the Gophers??

Is Kloos??

PuckU126
Posts: 3769
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:52 pm
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Post by PuckU126 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:26 pm

Goldfishdude wrote:
BodyShots wrote:I'm sure the All Metro team from the PIONEER press will have a different slant to it! Maybe a few more players from the East Metro?

I'm sorry, but how are you a Mr. Hockey finalist and not even included in the All Metro team?
Body... another solid question is:

Are all these guys committed to the Gophers??

Is Kloos??
Usually Mr. Hockey is. :wink:

Lets open that can of worms again!

8)
The Puck
LGW

LASERBLUE135
Posts: 139
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:21 pm
Location: Richfield

Post by LASERBLUE135 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:40 pm

Seriously, was Kloos not available for the photo-op? What's up with that? Definetly deserving, but at the end of the day its an awards thing. Pretty sure he'd rather be playing at state (not doing that either...).

wbmd
Posts: 3825
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:51 pm

Post by wbmd » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:46 pm

BodyShots wrote:I'm sure the All Metro team from the PIONEER press will have a different slant to it! Maybe a few more players from the East Metro?
That will never happen since the Pioneer Press doesn't even have an All Metro Team. They just have their All-State Team which is another joke.

Post Reply