#1 Eden Prairie vs. Lakeville North

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who Wins?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:51 pm

Eden Prairie
90%
Lakeville North
10%

Total votes: 39

EastMetro Hockey10

#1 Eden Prairie vs. Lakeville North

Post by EastMetro Hockey10 »

Well here we go the Eagles are obviously the heavy favorites in this one and should win easily but, with a goalie like Lindgren maybe North has a shot.

My Prediction
Eden Prairie 6
Lakeville north 1
blueblood

Ep vs. LN

Post by blueblood »

Tough spot for Lakeville North. For the second straight year, they get to play the #1 team in the QF's.

Ep - 7
LN - 1
Weekend_Warrior

Post by Weekend_Warrior »

I wish this game were being played in the afternoon. As others are predicting, I think it could be a landslide victory for EP.
PoNd HocKey ChAmP67

Post by PoNd HocKey ChAmP67 »

Yeah tough draw for North to get the #1 seed two years in a row, but they are the (#8 seed) if they did seed it that way. I think that Lakeville North will come out strong, playing hard. They are gonna need to keep it simple to give themselves a chance in this win. Just get pucks deep and get it out of their own zone and wait for their chances to capitalize on. I think that Lindgren will keep it close or respecatable while. But Eden Prairie is just a lot better than the Panthers. The Eagles will blow the game open halfway throught the 2nd period.

Prediction:
Eagles 7
Panthers 0
(Rau with a hat trick)
HockeyMN1

Post by HockeyMN1 »

EP 5-2. It may be closer on the scoreboard than some think because EP likes to give up garbage goals, but they will control the game.
EP two out of three.
Roseauverrated

Post by Roseauverrated »

Good to see the worst team in the tournament essentially get the 8 seed for 2 years in a row.

Eden Prairie-6
Lakeville North-1
Northsider

Post by Northsider »

Seriously, did they have to put this game in the prime time slot? WBL - Duluth East is clearly the premier game in the first round and it gets stuck in the afternoon.
Hill-Murray>Public Schools>All Other Privates
HockeyMN1

Post by HockeyMN1 »

Northsider wrote:Seriously, did they have to put this game in the prime time slot? WBL - Duluth East is clearly the premier game in the first round and it gets stuck in the afternoon.
Top seed gets the best time. Reward for the students that don't have to miss school and the parents that don't have to skip work.
EP two out of three.
curtiscurve

Post by curtiscurve »

It will be closer than most expect. It would be quite the upset. I am all for the best teams advancing to the finals, but it is not out of mind to think that North could beat EP. They did play them tough this year as well as beating Eagan and squeaked out a tie with a very good Grand Rapids team all on the shoulders of Lindgren. If he plays that way on Thursday, anything can happen. On the other side of the discussion, we should have details on the following state tournament individual game records....
Most shots on goal (game)
Most shots on goal (period)
Most saves (game)
Most saves (period)

If Lindgren is on - EP 2 LKN 1
If Lindgren is off - EP 12 LKN 0

Lets hope he is on, because it is a heck of a lot of fun watching a goalie stand on this head to keep his team in the game. Just ask those who witnessed Kangas keep Century in the Quarter Final game vs Moorhead in 2005.

Another thing I would like to mention....
I would like to see Randy Schmitz see success at the X this year. Everyone bashes his teams and all they have done the past two years is come up with a huge upset to get to the tourney. The guy has been building the Lakeville program for 30 some years and just when the program was going to become a powerhouse, they go and split the school. Randy has stuck it out and continued to develop quality hockey players and it would be nice to see his team find it's way into the semi's. By no means do I respect Lee Smith any less or think he is anything other than a great guy, but he and his program has had their success and could use a Consolation trophy to go with their 2008 Championship trophy. Go North!
PASTRAPIDSFAN

Post by PASTRAPIDSFAN »

running time
MNHockey75

Post by MNHockey75 »

No-brainer.

North - 0
Eden Prairie - 5
2001 & 2006 State Participant
supertacks

Post by supertacks »

Note to Lee: Just make sure to throw a body on Winiecki and take away his stick. He did light up EP for 3 in their one meeting this year. Take him out and EP's pressure will eventually crack Charlie.

EP 6
LN 2
HockeyMN1

Post by HockeyMN1 »

supertacks wrote:Note to Lee: Just make sure to throw a body on Winiecki and take away his stick. He did light up EP for 3 in their one meeting this year. Take him out and EP's pressure will eventually crack Charlie.

EP 6
LN 2
Seeler is so much improved from their last meeting, that shouldn't be a problem.
EP two out of three.
u12dad

Got to be kidding me!

Post by u12dad »

EP by six, Lindgren has 50 saves.

curtiscurve wrote:It will be closer than most expect. It would be quite the upset. I am all for the best teams advancing to the finals, but it is not out of mind to think that North could beat EP. They did play them tough this year as well as beating Eagan and squeaked out a tie with a very good Grand Rapids team all on the shoulders of Lindgren. If he plays that way on Thursday, anything can happen. On the other side of the discussion, we should have details on the following state tournament individual game records....
Most saves (game)
Most saves (period)

Lets hope he is on, because it is a heck of a lot of fun watching a goalie stand on this head to keep his team in the game. Just ask those who witnessed Kangas keep Century in the Quarter Final game vs Moorhead in 2005.

I would like to see Randy Schmitz see success at the X this year. Everyone bashes his teams and all they have done the past two years is come up with a huge upset to get to the tourney. The guy has been building the Lakeville program for 30 some years and just when the program was going to become a powerhouse, they go and split the school. Randy has stuck it out and continued to develop quality hockey players and it would be nice to see his team find it's way into the semi's. By no means do I respect Lee Smith any less or think he is anything other than a great guy, but he and his program has had their success and could use a Consolation trophy to go with their 2008 Championship trophy. Go North!
Last edited by u12dad on Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RickyTicky

Post by RickyTicky »

I am a former Lakeville hockey alumni (class of '98) and still live in Lakeville and while wouldn't say Coach Schmitz is the best coach in the state I also wouldn't say he has no respect. Above all he is a great guy so going on a high school hockey forum and bad mouthing him after getting his team to state 6 of the last 10 years is pretty childish and 9 times out of 10 its a kid that got cut or a parent that had there kid cut...

Anyways, for the game, North really doesn't have a shot. I think they just have to hope Lindgren keeps it close for the papers. It really is too bad South didn't make it, they would of at least had a shot with their offense.

EP-5
North-1

EP will have 4x as many shots as North for sure
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Lingren is the only thing that will keep North in this game. He will keep it 'respectable' on paper, but we all know who will control this game. As far as Randy Schmitz 'building' Lakeville's program for last 30 yrs is concerned, curtiscurve, I don't know what rock you have been living under, but I would LOVE to join you! The guy coaches to pick up the 5k he gets paid every winter. He has absolutely no passion for the game and the people in that community have been trying to drive him out since the late 80's. The youth programs in Lakeville were very good from early to mid 90's on and you rarely hear of a great player coming out of there. Someone name a Lakeville player other than TJ Guidarelli that played d-1 and actually played all their hs years there? Its too bad because that program has a lot of potential but nothing ever comes to fruition. Kurt Weber on the other hand in South Lakeville, may not be the best coach, but the guy has passion for the game and his players respect and wanna play for him. Its too bad South lost, think they would have put a much more respectable showing together this week in St. Paul.
pioneerhockey12

s

Post by pioneerhockey12 »

Im not sure this will be a blow out considering they already played once this year.... 7-4 win for EP but what most people dont see is that Lakeville was winning 3-2 in to the 3rd period... Lindgren stays hot in that period and who knows what happens
HockeyMN1

Re: s

Post by HockeyMN1 »

pioneerhockey12 wrote:Im not sure this will be a blow out considering they already played once this year.... 7-4 win for EP but what most people dont see is that Lakeville was winning 3-2 in to the 3rd period... Lindgren stays hot in that period and who knows what happens
What most people also don't see is that the first two periods in that game were quite possibly Eden Prairie's worst opening 2 all season. Then the third was total domination.
EP two out of three.
pioneerhockey12

Post by pioneerhockey12 »

or maybe lakeville was just playing well and eden prairie couldnt capitalize on a hot goalie..... hmmmm sound familiar, im not picking them to win but im just saying
HockeyMN1

Post by HockeyMN1 »

pioneerhockey12 wrote:or maybe lakeville was just playing well and eden prairie couldnt capitalize on a hot goalie..... hmmmm sound familiar, im not picking them to win but im just saying
Still bitter H-M? Not saying just saying. I was there and I can tell you that EP couldn't have beaten many people playing the way they did at first but nobody could have beaten them in the third.
EP two out of three.
u12dad

Re: Got to be kidding me!

Post by u12dad »

curtiscurve wrote:It will be closer than most expect. It would be quite the upset. I am all for the best teams advancing to the finals, but it is not out of mind to think that North could beat EP. They did play them tough this year as well as beating Eagan and squeaked out a tie with a very good Grand Rapids team all on the shoulders of Lindgren. If he plays that way on Thursday, anything can happen. On the other side of the discussion, we should have details on the following state tournament individual game records....
Most saves (game)
Most saves (period)

[/quote]
HockeyMN1

Post by HockeyMN1 »

This was maybe the most un-state tournament like state tournament game I've ever been at. EP student section was like half full and sat down, LVN had even less. Hard to blame them for not coming out tonight though, the game was over at the pre-game intros. Not only did EP look like men among boys on the ice, they looked like it in person. LVN had some wide-eyed underclassmen that were simply out of place. Too bad teams like Wayzata and Hill have to watch this at home. Hopefully the atmosphere improves in the semis.
EP two out of three.
AlterEagle

Post by AlterEagle »

HockeyMN1 wrote:This was maybe the most un-state tournament like state tournament game I've ever been at. EP student section was like half full and sat down, LVN had even less. Hard to blame them for not coming out tonight though, the game was over at the pre-game intros. Not only did EP look like men among boys on the ice, they looked like it in person. LVN had some wide-eyed underclassmen that were simply out of place. Too bad teams like Wayzata and Hill have to watch this at home. Hopefully the atmosphere improves in the semis.
Couldn't agree more.
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

HockeyMN1 wrote:Hopefully the atmosphere improves in the semis.
It always does!

8)
The Puck
LGW