#3 Duluth East (22-5) vs. White Bear Lake (21-5-1)

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Post Reply

Who Wins?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:02 am

Duluth East
46
54%
White Bear Lake
39
46%
 
Total votes: 85

EastMetro Hockey10
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:25 pm

#3 Duluth East (22-5) vs. White Bear Lake (21-5-1)

Post by EastMetro Hockey10 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:02 am

Let's get it started who wins this quarterfinal. Will the Bears finally break their first round curse just like they finally broke their curse against Hill-Murray. Or will the Hounds dash the bears hopes again just as they did the last time these two teams met in the state tourney.

My Prediction
White Bear 4
Duluth East 3

iLLuminati_666
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:58 am

Re: #3 Duluth East (22-5) vs. White Bear Lake (21-5-1)

Post by iLLuminati_666 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:17 pm

White bears Jansen wahlin and birki against Duluths Defense should be a great matchup...
WBL6
Duluth East 4
EastMetro Hockey10 wrote:Let's get it started who wins this quarterfinal. Will the Bears finally break their first round curse just like they finally broke their curse against Hill-Murray. Or will the Hounds dash the bears hopes again just as they did the last time these two teams met in the state tourney.

My Prediction
White Bear 4
Duluth East 3

curtiscurve
Posts: 330
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:14 am

Post by curtiscurve » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:21 pm

This is the year the Bears break through. Should be very entertaining, may even be the best game of the quarters.

WBL 3 - East 2 OT

Goldfishdude
Posts: 1596
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:41 pm

Post by Goldfishdude » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:27 pm

Goldfishdude will be doing some number-crunching in the next 96 hours and will give his much anticipated prediction on Game Day..

I will be putting my incredible 4-478 prediction record on the line.

You know... I actually sit and laugh at myself (along with everyone else laughing AT me), because I have not watched one game in person all year, and WBL makes State.

Is that a coincidence or is it a correlation between Cause and Effect?
Last edited by Goldfishdude on Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hockeyfan#8
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:36 pm

Post by Hockeyfan#8 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:31 pm

Goldfishdude wrote:Goldfishdude will be doing some number-crunching in the next 96 hours and will give his much anticipated prediction on Game Day..

I will be putting my incredible 4-478 prediction record on the line.
One of those 4 correct preditions come on the hill como game? :wink:
"If your not first, your last" R.B.

Goldfishdude
Posts: 1596
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:41 pm

Post by Goldfishdude » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:33 pm

Fan#8.... ahhhh.. you know me too well..

karl(east)
Posts: 6259
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:03 pm
Contact:

Post by karl(east) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:47 pm

A classic matchup, and incidentally a repeat of the last state tourney WBL made, which was also the last time East won a first round game. They both are making their 18th state tourney appearance--that means they're tied for 4th-most appearances among active AA programs. One of these two teams has had a little more success once there, though. :mrgreen:

The attention heading in will probably be on the first lines, and rightfully so; both have achieved a lot this year. But, who gets better play out of their lower lines? Who can get the most out of the first line without wearing the other out? Which coach does a better job of making those adjustments? By the end of the game I suspect some other name--be it Morrisette or David, or Lundgren or Valesano, will end up playing an important role.

Certainly East has the edge on paper, and in part due to that December win. But we have to look at the intangibles...and that really doesn't help us make a call, either. WBL had their miracle, but East's win over Grand Rapids inspired some similar emotions up in Duluth. Both these teams have that sense of being teams of destiny; it's too bad they had to meet in the first round. I'll be pulling for the winner of this one on Friday regardless.

Goldfishdude
Posts: 1596
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:41 pm

Post by Goldfishdude » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:54 pm

That's been the beauty of this Forum, Karl.. The faceless friendships that have been bound by many of us that we can honestly root for each other.. Yes, sad our home team lost, but happy it was to a team we can respect due to it's loyal followers.

EHS2011
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:45 pm

Post by EHS2011 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:14 pm

East - 4
WBL - 2

Duluth 4
Posts: 537
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:18 am
Location: Duluth

Post by Duluth 4 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:20 pm

I think im going to say that the top line of the hounds is yet again too much for the bears. along with the goal tending of Jeanetta.

Hounds- 3
Bears- 1
Release the Hounds. Trek to the X.

Weekend_Warrior
Posts: 116
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:27 pm

Post by Weekend_Warrior » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:37 pm

Boy, this is going to be a real tough game for the Bears. They looked great against Hill-Murray and really impressed me with their depth. But I dunno.. they might be a little shaky playing in the Tournament, whereas the Hounds are there almost every year - so they have a lot more experience.

I'd really like to see the Bears tear the Hounds a new one though.

Not going to make any score predictions. I just want to enjoy the game

sachishi4
Posts: 1178
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:15 pm
Location: SLP

Post by sachishi4 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:51 pm

I would love for the hometown bears to pull this one off, and if they stick to the game plan the beat hill with, they could. This should be a great game, I can see OT for sure.
State ‘83, ‘91, ‘08, ‘20

Reggie Dunlop
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:56 pm

Post by Reggie Dunlop » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:42 pm

Not a chance White Bear breaks their tradition of losing the opening game, its in their blood, tiger blood for that matter. Ive got East winning 4-1.

breakout
Posts: 2485
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 8:00 pm

Post by breakout » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:50 pm

This has the making to be an entertaining game. Looking forward to watching it.

HockeyMN1
Posts: 833
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:02 am

Post by HockeyMN1 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:58 pm

East 3
WBL 1
EP two out of three.

PASTRAPIDSFAN
Posts: 3011
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:31 pm

Post by PASTRAPIDSFAN » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:14 pm

Bears 4-2

starmvp
Posts: 3224
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:12 pm
Location: State of Hockey

Post by starmvp » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:37 pm

Duluth East overpowers WBL 4-1

BearsSensGophs
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:56 pm
Location: White Bear Lake

Post by BearsSensGophs » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:51 pm

I see a close one. When East beat them 5-2 earlier this year it was Jordan in net, if Schletty plays solid I can see the bears rolling. That team is going in with a ton of confidence.

White Bear Lake-3
Duluth East-2

karl(east)
Posts: 6259
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:03 pm
Contact:

Post by karl(east) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:53 pm

Goldfishdude wrote:That's been the beauty of this Forum, Karl.. The faceless friendships that have been bound by many of us that we can honestly root for each other.. Yes, sad our home team lost, but happy it was to a team we can respect due to it's loyal followers.
Yep, that's part of what makes this place so great...we may yell all sorts of crazy things at one another, but at the end of the day, we're all united by this crazy game, and we come to respect that. It's fun to watch it all play out.

Dammit, the state final is still a week away and I'm already going all sentimental. :lol:

east hockey
Site Admin
Posts: 6977
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2002 8:33 pm
Location: Proctor, MN
Contact:

Post by east hockey » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:22 pm

karl(east) wrote:
Goldfishdude wrote:That's been the beauty of this Forum, Karl.. The faceless friendships that have been bound by many of us that we can honestly root for each other.. Yes, sad our home team lost, but happy it was to a team we can respect due to it's loyal followers.
Yep, that's part of what makes this place so great...we may yell all sorts of crazy things at one another, but at the end of the day, we're all united by this crazy game, and we come to respect that. It's fun to watch it all play out.

Dammit, the state final is still a week away and I'm already going all sentimental. :lol:
I need something good to root for, after tUMD crapped all over themselves tonight. :x

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006

wbhockey02
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:36 am
Location: Tha Dub-B

Post by wbhockey02 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:49 pm

This will not by any means be an easy game for the bears, they have to make sure to FORECHECK the whole game this time, the only reason theat game was close last night is because they fell back and waited for hill to come at them, until eventually it got tied, but then a strange thing happened they started putting offensive pressure on and they scored in the second OT.

So with that said, if they play defensively its gonna be DE 5-2

If they play hard and fight for every loose puck
Da Bears- 4
Da hounds- 2

So go out there and break the curse!!!!!

Saintpaulhockey1
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:29 pm

Post by Saintpaulhockey1 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:15 pm

East won't be suiting up #33, nor will he be giving a pep talk this year. I am going WBL 4-2. Please Bears for my father can you make it out of the first round?

iLLuminati_666
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:58 am

Post by iLLuminati_666 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:50 pm

#33??
Saintpaulhockey1 wrote:East won't be suiting up #33, nor will he be giving a pep talk this year. I am going WBL 4-2. Please Bears for my father can you make it out of the first round?

east hockey
Site Admin
Posts: 6977
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2002 8:33 pm
Location: Proctor, MN
Contact:

Post by east hockey » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:51 pm

iLLuminati_666 wrote:#33??
Saintpaulhockey1 wrote:East won't be suiting up #33, nor will he be giving a pep talk this year. I am going WBL 4-2. Please Bears for my father can you make it out of the first round?
Dave Spehar. :)

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006

iLLuminati_666
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:58 am

Post by iLLuminati_666 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:56 pm

Im from the cities not to familiar with duluth east... care to give fill me in about this kid ?
east hockey wrote:
iLLuminati_666 wrote:#33??
Saintpaulhockey1 wrote:East won't be suiting up #33, nor will he be giving a pep talk this year. I am going WBL 4-2. Please Bears for my father can you make it out of the first round?
Dave Spehar. :)

Lee

Post Reply